LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Jusuf Nurkic 

Post#21 » by LightTheBeam » Mon May 14, 2018 4:46 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Bigs that don’t rim protect or space the floor at all like Randle just don’t tangibly bring enough to the table.

Randle has been a plus defender 2 years in a row now. The advanced stats also say he attributed more wins to his team than Nurkic on a significantly worse team. I would expect that number to be even further apart in Randles favor if you switched them teams. He may not be a 3pt shooter or a shot blocker, but he definitely inserted himself last year as a good defender in the paint.

Between his good passing, efficient scoring ability, plus rebounding, and improving defense, I would absolutely love to have him. I also won't be surprised if we see if develop at least some form of an outside shot, I envision him shooting 2 a game next season while averaging 30-32% or so. Not great but he definitely has shown the ability to improve his game in other areas.

He plays bully ball but not to the detriment of the team. Randolph is a black hole, when he touches the ball you know hes going to try to post you up or shoot a mid range. Randle gets inside on you, but hes also a great athlete who you can run the P&R or pass out to an open 3pt shooter.

I'm salivating at the idea of grabbing him and my guess is Mikal Bridges though Id love MPJ because we need the high ceiling.

Bigs - WCS/Skal/Randle/Koufos/Zach/Giles - good mix of vets, rim runners, and "bully basketball". Randolph gone at the end of the season, and make a decision on WCS depending on his and Giles progress.

Wings - Bogdan, Hield, Jackson, Bridges, Temple - Versatile bunch, all good 3pt shooters, Hield/Bridges/Temple plus defenders.

PG - Fox/Mason - Id like a smart vet on a 1 year deal here. Mason/Fox both dealt with injuries and I think could really benefit from having a Jose Calderon type on the team.

I respect your views, I guess we can agree to disagree. His mid range/outside game are substandard and I’m not sure I see it getting to standard, but we’ll see. Not sure about his passing (1/1 assist/turn), but his high usage/ block bully ball style may or may not fit with the rest of our lineup for different reasons. I really don’t see Randle/WCS playing together with no true shot blocking on the court, or IMO true center (WCS is a tweener who might not be here but that’s another issue). But this is all arguable, I suppose.

I’m not saying he’s not a quality young improving player. In the end, given our lack of FA viability, it wouldn’t pain me to add him if we had less other options. Just not my preferred choice and I question his style and fit for a big pay day. I also think it would be hard to land him. I don’t see the Lakers wooing two stars, despite ample space, and I think a few teams will seek his services. May also depend on where you think this team needs to improve, as those who favor Randle might be more apt to see WCS stay

I'm not saying he will become a great 3pt shooter, however I do expect him to improve. If he can become even respectable he will be a multiple year all star.

Not sure I would solely base a big mans ability to pass on A/T ratio. That said, hes had a pretty weak squad to work with. I think with better players around him that would continue to improve.

His usage really isn't all that high either. On par with Nurkic, Parker, and Aaron Gordon.. In that time Randle was BY FAR the most efficient one of the 3. Scoring 1.5 pts less than Gordon on 4 less shots per game. 3pts more than Parker on the same shots, and more pts than Nurkic on less shots.

Lets not forget hes still only 23 years old and clearly showed the ability to take a step forward this year.

I also don't think the Lakers need to grab 2 stars in order for us to steal him away. All it takes is 1, and a big offer to Randle. If Magic thinks he has a shot at Klay(we will see about the extension) or Kawhi next offseason, I could see him letting Randle walk with Kuzma already in tow and keeping flexibility open. At the end of the day I think the Kings and Mavs would be the major players for Randle if he isnt resigned by the Lakers. Dallas has the home town appeal, but the Kings are further along the rebuild process.

Curious of the available free agents, who would you like to see the Kings realistically target?
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#22 » by OhioKingsFan » Mon May 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Randle has long been my #1 target this off-season, but I feel like both Lakers and Mavs SHOULD be trying to get/him, and that all things being equal in an offer, he'd prefer DAL and LAL to SAC. While Gordon has more "star potential", I think the Kings need someone like Randle that can get the other team's bigs in foul trouble. He fits DJ's Horn system better than any other FA IMO.

Aaron Gordon is my #2 target. He would need to be paired with a paint protector, but I think he's going to be a dangerous floor spacer off the catch within the next year or two.

I admit that I have an unusual draw to Henzonja. I don't think he's mentally caught up to the complexity of the NBA game, and he seems to lose focus at times on defense, but he is skilled and athletic, and I hold out hope for him "getting it" over the next season or two. I want him on a 3 year deal.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#23 » by City of Trees » Mon May 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Checked Nurkic's adv stats and was pleasantly surprised. Appears to be the defensive C we need.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#24 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Mon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm

City of Trees wrote:Checked Nurkic's adv stats and was pleasantly surprised. Appears to be the defensive C we need.

Blazers defense was terrible, one of the worst in the league prior to Nurkic arrival and then, Blazers stared playing better on that end and improved in those 20 games and Blazers got that 8th seed, which likely wouldnt happened without Nurkic

this season, Blazers defense was for a long time TOP 5 defense in the league and endeed like within 7 or 8 TOP defenses, which is crazy and it shows how much our defense improved... whole time looked engaged on defense, but Nurkic was the main reason for much, much improved defense, he anchors the defense and obviously provides the rim protection

thats why I said he will become elite defender, but has to work a lot on his offense and certainly can become better on that end... there was an article on ESPN in which he was mentioned as "Honorable mention" for an NBA All-Defensive Team for C position

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#25 » by codydaze » Mon May 14, 2018 4:51 pm

I really like Nurkic, would love to get him in Sac. He always reminded me of a Euro version of Cousins.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#26 » by codydaze » Mon May 14, 2018 4:52 pm

jazanetti wrote:I don't think Kosta is much worse then Nurkic. And I want to see ZBo coming off the bench playing center. So I'd say NO.

Huh, what? Nurkic is a much better player than Koufos, not sure how much of Nurkic you've watched.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Re: RE: Re: Jusuf Nurkic 

Post#27 » by jazanetti » Mon May 14, 2018 5:10 pm

codydaze wrote:
jazanetti wrote:I don't think Kosta is much worse then Nurkic. And I want to see ZBo coming off the bench playing center. So I'd say NO.

Huh, what? Nurkic is a much better player than Koufos, not sure how much of Nurkic you've watched.

Enough to say he's good role player/last piece of the puzzle. But not the first option to throw big money.
We need a star and if we can't get it, we have to wait and not to mess payroll.

Sent from my MI 3W using RealGM mobile app
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm

jazanetti wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Enough to say he's good role player/last piece of the puzzle. But not the first option to throw big money.

A star?
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Jusuf Nurkic 

Post#29 » by jazanetti » Mon May 14, 2018 5:48 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
jazanetti wrote:
codydaze wrote:

A star?

Yep, a future/potential star. I mean we need to find and prove our Lillard/McCollum and only then add Nurkic)

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#30 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon May 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Nurkic is an interesting player but against smaller teams he's going to have problems. That has to factor in heavily in regards to what he's worth. If he were able to annihilate teams in the post it would be another thing.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by City of Trees » Mon May 14, 2018 9:51 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Nurkic is an interesting player but against smaller teams he's going to have problems. That has to factor in heavily in regards to what he's worth. If he were able to annihilate teams in the post it would be another thing.

Not to nitpick but there is only a hand full of Centers who match up well against the other 29 teams.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#32 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue May 15, 2018 12:51 am

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:Nurkic is an interesting player but against smaller teams he's going to have problems. That has to factor in heavily in regards to what he's worth. If he were able to annihilate teams in the post it would be another thing.

Not to nitpick but there is only a hand full of Centers who match up well against the other 29 teams.

Yeah, but having a big that isn't much of a shooter on offense, and is a bit big and plodding comparatively on the other taking up a huge chunk of your cap is something to think about. I wouldn't mind adding him to the team, but the price would be a factor especially considering where the Kings are at in their rebuild. If the Kings were a Nurkic away, sure, go for it, but after last seasons debacle we don't even know what the young guys look like together let alone what major money pieces fit around them.

If there is a restricted FA to go after I'd much rather it be Montrez Harrell. I think as a small ball switch center he really showed his value in todays game.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by City of Trees » Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:If there is a restricted FA to go after I'd much rather it be Montrez Harrell. I think as a small ball switch center he really showed his value in todays game.

No. Thanks.

Return to sender.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#34 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue May 15, 2018 3:26 am

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:If there is a restricted FA to go after I'd much rather it be Montrez Harrell. I think as a small ball switch center he really showed his value in todays game.

No. Thanks.

Return to sender.

I'd go back and look at some of the stuff he did towards the end of the year. He could be a nice semi-affordable snag that doesn't see you on the outside looking in as teams race on by on either end.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#35 » by kalenclayton » Tue May 15, 2018 4:54 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

No. Thanks.

Return to sender.

I'd go back and look at some of the stuff he did towards the end of the year. He could be a nice semi-affordable snag that doesn't see you on the outside looking in as teams race on by on either end.

He did well this season, but do you really want to tie up mid-level money in mid-tier talent? I’d much rather just save the money and be patient. We don’t have to have the money burn a hole in our pockets. Just sit back and wait for a better FA or trade to get a better player.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#36 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

Yeah, but having a big that isn't much of a shooter on offense, and is a bit big and plodding comparatively on the other taking up a huge chunk of your cap is something to think about. I wouldn't mind adding him to the team, but the price would be a factor especially considering where the Kings are at in their rebuild. If the Kings were a Nurkic away, sure, go for it, but after last seasons debacle we don't even know what the young guys look like together let alone what major money pieces fit around them.

If there is a restricted FA to go after I'd much rather it be Montrez Harrell. I think as a small ball switch center he really showed his value in todays game.

Been a big fan of Harrell for awhile. His raw stats were good and that was with only 17mpg. His per36 and advanced stats were amazing and he torched the Kings at least 3 times last year IIRC. Id definitely be on board with this signing. Can imagine him playing great with Fox/Bogdan
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#37 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

No. Thanks.

Return to sender.

He did well this season, but do you really want to tie up mid-level money in mid-tier talent? I’d much rather just save the money and be patient. We don’t have to have the money burn a hole in our pockets. Just sit back and wait for a better FA or trade to get a better player.

I'd rather shoot mid level money at someone like that than near max at someone like Nurkic.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#38 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue May 15, 2018 7:03 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Not to nitpick but there is only a hand full of Centers who match up well against the other 29 teams.

Been a big fan of Harrell for awhile. His raw stats were good and that was with only 17mpg. His per36 and advanced stats were amazing and he torched the Kings at least 3 times last year IIRC. Id definitely be on board with this signing. Can imagine him playing great with Fox/Bogdan

Yeah me too. He's smaller than Willie but has a longer wingspan and all those complaints about Willies lack of physicality would go right out the window with Harrell. Harrell has developed in a really good pick and roll finisher.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#39 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Yeah me too. He's smaller than Willie but has a longer wingspan and all those complaints about Willies lack of physicality would go right out the window with Harrell. Harrell has developed in a really good pick and roll finisher.

Yes I read he had a 7'5 wingspan. Hes definitely not scared to muscle up in the paint either. I remember the game he went something like 9/9 from the field against us and it was all dunks.

I remember watching him on the Rockets thinking he deserved more minutes. If Deandre opts in, I could see the Clippers wanting to maintain flexibility.

What kind of contract do you think he gets this summer?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#40 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Yes I read he had a 7'5 wingspan. Hes definitely not scared to muscle up in the paint either. I remember the game he went something like 9/9 from the field against us and it was all dunks.

I remember watching him on the Rockets thinking he deserved more minutes. If Deandre opts in, I could see the Clippers wanting to maintain flexibility.

What kind of contract do you think he gets this summer?

Montrez? Probably 120 million. :lol: Seriously, I'd say MLE would be fair, if not a bit lower if he went under the radar at the end of last season. I doubt he did though.

Return to Sacramento Kings