ImageImageImageImageImage

Rotation if the season started today

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 159

Re: Rotation if the season started today 

Post#101 » by Lost in LA » Sat Aug 4, 2018 11:19 am

KF10 wrote:I see Giles as a 5, while Bagley plays at the 4 now and going forward.

If summer league is any indication of their play, they both have range at the 3PT and can hit that shot.

With the emphasis of developing and putting the best talent on the floor, I'll put:

Fox
Bogi
Bjelica
Bagley
Giles

Buddy and Yogi are your microwave, off-the-bench scorers.

Every player in the starting 5 can spread the floor and hit the 3PT. Which is excellent in the modern game.

The 2 and the 3 spots are tricky because you can have different players i.e. Buddy at the 2, Bogi at the 3, etc.

In reality -- Giles playing at the 5 full-time may not be practical given his injury concern. I can see WCS begin the year at the 5, imo. I also can see Bagley not starting off the bat either. Bagley was being pushed around by SFs in the summer league and that wasn't good. So, I can see *gulp* Z-Bo starting at the 4.

So, realistically, I can see Joerger do this:

Fox
Bogi or Buddy
Shump or Bogi
Z-Bo
WCS or KK

While Joerger integrates the young fellas slowly.

Joerger needs to improve significantly and early too, as I am not convinced his style of play fits either the players or the modern NBA.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,972

Post#102 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 4, 2018 3:28 pm

And then there is the PG rotation - not nearly as confusing as the FC rotation (not sure if Joerger is the one to figure it out but fingers crossed). It comes down to Fox and how much he improves. Last year he wasn't really even at the level of replacement.

He played a lot of minutes - 2000+ and that is good. The bad news is he was bad across the board. His shooting, TS%, 0.478; 3P%, 0.307 and FT% .723 weren't adequate. Add to that his AST%/TOV% wasn't at a PG level 24/16 - more like SF. And his defense really wasn't very good. That produced numbers like WS/48 of -0.014 and VORP of -1.2.

So, to be blunt, he was turrible. If you look at his splits he was consistently bad except blips in January and April. But his AST%/TOV% did go up to solidly 2/1 as the season progressed. That should give us hope for a 2.5/1 ratio this season?

And shooting should go up as it has historically for young PGs (well, either it does or it doesn't like a MCW).

What I also see is that when he plays more than 30 minutes everything gets worse quickly. But that means Joerger needs to figure out how to get in Ferrell/Mason. Ideally he would go in for 4-6 minute bursts?

Either way, Fox has sooooo many things to work out - I just don't see how he gets there THIS season. But, if I am the FO - I am looking very hard at his progress this season.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#103 » by Sactowndog » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:23 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:If I were the coach here's what my rotation would look like. I'm assuming I'll have some people disagreeing but I'll provide my explanation.

Starters
PG De'Aaron Fox
SG Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF JaKarr Sampson
PF Nemanja Bjelica
C Willie Cauley-Stein

Bench
6th man Buddy Hield
7th man Yogi Ferrell
8th man Kosta Koufos
9th man Marvin Bagley III
10th man Harry Giles
11th man Skal Labissiere

12th man Iman Shumpert
13th man Zach Randolph

14th man Justin Jackson
15th man Frank Mason

2-way Wenyen Gabriel
2-way open

Explanation:

To start off I know I'm going against the norm by starting Sampson at SF. I feel JaKarr gives the Kings a chance to defend at SF. I love the guys attitude and hustle. He'll rebound, defend, bring it every night, knows his role, and hit an occasional three. While Bjelica isn't a defensive star he is a smart defender. I'd categorize Bogdan the same, a smart defender. I like the length and switching ability with Bogdan being able to guard 2's/3's, Sampson guarding 2's/3's/4's and Bjelica guarding 3's/4's. With this starting lineup I also like the familiarity of Bodgan and Bjelica having played together on their national team and Fenerbahce. They both are well rounded offensively and playing both of them gives Fox the minimum of two 3-point shooters to space the floor. I think we will see the best out of Willie this year especially if we are running and he's currently the best option to start at center. All five of these guys can play at the faster pace we've been wanting and hearing about this summer.

While JaKarr starts, he's the first one out 4 to 4 1/2 minutes in with Buddy entering the game at SG and Bogdan sliding over to SF. By games end it would essentially mean JaKarr is at 16-18 minutes per game and Buddy is 30-32 minutes. The next guy in is Yogi for Fox. He'd guard the smallest guy and could play PG offensively or play SG on offense with Bogdan running PG. The next guy in is Kosta for Willie. This lineup would be possibly the best shooting lineup with Yogi/Buddy/Bogi/Bjelica/Kosta. No Kosta can't shoot but he can rebound and set screens which shooters need. I know there are some that think that Bagley and Giles should be starting and why is Kosta that high in the rotation. I haven't seen enough from Bagley and Giles to warrant big playing time. I think we'd finish as the worst team in the league if we started them. Yes, they are our hopeful future but the future isn't now. Kosta in my opinion is a definite. Some may disagree but he's solid, knows his role, defends, and rebounds. Kosta is also no sloth, unlike ZBo he can run. One of the young bigs would then come in to replace Bjelica. I ordered it Bagley, Giles then Skal but I think the three of them need to fight it out. We just spent the #2 pick on Bagley and that's why I give him the nudge. We've been getting lots of hype on Giles and while he showed some flashes, eh. That eh still may be enough to surpass Skal. As the season progresses I'd like to see two of the young bigs make a statement and move up in the rotation but they aren't ready from the start.

The 12th and 13th men are Shumpert and ZBo. Shumpert has never been much on offense and he's a small forward on defense in a shooting guards body. Bogi and Buddy are much better SG's, younger and part of our future. Sampson brings length and intangibles. Shumpert will be begging for a Kings friendly buyout or possibly trade by deadline. ZBo does not fit a running team. He can bang on the young bigs in practice and provide leadership. He could also be bought out or dealt by the deadline.

Jackson and Mason are 14th and 15th and should be seeing time in Stockton. Jackson while leading the summer league team in scoring didn't bring much else. He needs to get into the high 30's plus in three point percentage to start seeing an NBA court. Frank underwhelmed this summer and that's why we see Yogi here. Frank needs to perfect a floater. I'm not giving up on him but he should only be playing if Fox or Yogi roles an ankle. He's nice to have as a 3rd PG.

Kings just signed Gabriel as a 2-way player. He plays a position of need and has some upside. I like the signing but he'll need lots of playing time in Stockton to develop.

Not mentioned are Ben McLemore and Deyonta Davis. They have both been rumored as cut candidates. We can keep them around through training camp until final roster cutdown is required. We've all seen enough of Ben and he's buried behind Bogi and Buddy. Davis while young, I've heard is lazy which isn't something I want around this team and is also buried behind our dearth of young bigs.

I want to see our best players playing big minutes. This will give us the best opportunity to win. We didn't have one player playing 30 plus minutes last year. I'd like to see Fox, Bogi, Buddy, Willie, and possibly Bjelica playing 30 plus minutes every night.

I know my plan isn't what most of what you guys have been thinking but with me providing an explanation what are your thoughts?

Team Defense in the NBA is more about BBIQ. Jakar hustles but he is often in the wrong spot leading to defensive breakdowns. Not to mention failure to switch or help appropriately. Fox and Willie had many of the same issues. You have to have a good BBIQ which is why SA plays good defense with average athletes. If you want a bad defensive unit put Beli and Bogdan (2 players that rely on playing smart team defense) with 3 guys that miss their rotations.

I more inclined to go with:
Fox, Bogdan, Jackson, Beli, Giles and hope the four higher IQ players can help Fox grow.
Sactowndog

Post#104 » by Sactowndog » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:25 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:If I were the coach here's what my rotation would look like. I'm assuming I'll have some people disagreeing but I'll provide my explanation.

Starters
PG De'Aaron Fox
SG Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF JaKarr Sampson
PF Nemanja Bjelica
C Willie Cauley-Stein

Bench
6th man Buddy Hield
7th man Yogi Ferrell
8th man Kosta Koufos
9th man Marvin Bagley III
10th man Harry Giles
11th man Skal Labissiere

12th man Iman Shumpert
13th man Zach Randolph

14th man Justin Jackson
15th man Frank Mason

2-way Wenyen Gabriel
2-way open

Explanation:

To start off I know I'm going against the norm by starting Sampson at SF. I feel JaKarr gives the Kings a chance to defend at SF. I love the guys attitude and hustle. He'll rebound, defend, bring it every night, knows his role, and hit an occasional three. While Bjelica isn't a defensive star he is a smart defender. I'd categorize Bogdan the same, a smart defender. I like the length and switching ability with Bogdan being able to guard 2's/3's, Sampson guarding 2's/3's/4's and Bjelica guarding 3's/4's. With this starting lineup I also like the familiarity of Bodgan and Bjelica having played together on their national team and Fenerbahce. They both are well rounded offensively and playing both of them gives Fox the minimum of two 3-point shooters to space the floor. I think we will see the best out of Willie this year especially if we are running and he's currently the best option to start at center. All five of these guys can play at the faster pace we've been wanting and hearing about this summer.

While JaKarr starts, he's the first one out 4 to 4 1/2 minutes in with Buddy entering the game at SG and Bogdan sliding over to SF. By games end it would essentially mean JaKarr is at 16-18 minutes per game and Buddy is 30-32 minutes. The next guy in is Yogi for Fox. He'd guard the smallest guy and could play PG offensively or play SG on offense with Bogdan running PG. The next guy in is Kosta for Willie. This lineup would be possibly the best shooting lineup with Yogi/Buddy/Bogi/Bjelica/Kosta. No Kosta can't shoot but he can rebound and set screens which shooters need. I know there are some that think that Bagley and Giles should be starting and why is Kosta that high in the rotation. I haven't seen enough from Bagley and Giles to warrant big playing time. I think we'd finish as the worst team in the league if we started them. Yes, they are our hopeful future but the future isn't now. Kosta in my opinion is a definite. Some may disagree but he's solid, knows his role, defends, and rebounds. Kosta is also no sloth, unlike ZBo he can run. One of the young bigs would then come in to replace Bjelica. I ordered it Bagley, Giles then Skal but I think the three of them need to fight it out. We just spent the #2 pick on Bagley and that's why I give him the nudge. We've been getting lots of hype on Giles and while he showed some flashes, eh. That eh still may be enough to surpass Skal. As the season progresses I'd like to see two of the young bigs make a statement and move up in the rotation but they aren't ready from the start.

The 12th and 13th men are Shumpert and ZBo. Shumpert has never been much on offense and he's a small forward on defense in a shooting guards body. Bogi and Buddy are much better SG's, younger and part of our future. Sampson brings length and intangibles. Shumpert will be begging for a Kings friendly buyout or possibly trade by deadline. ZBo does not fit a running team. He can bang on the young bigs in practice and provide leadership. He could also be bought out or dealt by the deadline.

Jackson and Mason are 14th and 15th and should be seeing time in Stockton. Jackson while leading the summer league team in scoring didn't bring much else. He needs to get into the high 30's plus in three point percentage to start seeing an NBA court. Frank underwhelmed this summer and that's why we see Yogi here. Frank needs to perfect a floater. I'm not giving up on him but he should only be playing if Fox or Yogi roles an ankle. He's nice to have as a 3rd PG.

Kings just signed Gabriel as a 2-way player. He plays a position of need and has some upside. I like the signing but he'll need lots of playing time in Stockton to develop.

Not mentioned are Ben McLemore and Deyonta Davis. They have both been rumored as cut candidates. We can keep them around through training camp until final roster cutdown is required. We've all seen enough of Ben and he's buried behind Bogi and Buddy. Davis while young, I've heard is lazy which isn't something I want around this team and is also buried behind our dearth of young bigs.

I want to see our best players playing big minutes. This will give us the best opportunity to win. We didn't have one player playing 30 plus minutes last year. I'd like to see Fox, Bogi, Buddy, Willie, and possibly Bjelica playing 30 plus minutes every night.

I know my plan isn't what most of what you guys have been thinking but with me providing an explanation what are your thoughts?

Giles is our best big and it’s not even close. The Kings will play Giles as many minutes as they can safely get away with.
Sactowndog

Post#105 » by Sactowndog » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:36 pm

becorz wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Love your guys feedback on if you think WCS could breakout this season? His defensive rebounding (improving year over year) and shot blocking are fine.

But his TS% has decreased year over year, .588, .558 and then .529. So, as his usage has gone up his TS% has gone down dramatically (note: a good thing is that his TO rate hasn't gone up much).

So, is this just a "how he is used problem"? Or a "he isn't going to get better problem"? Or a "he can't do 2000+ minutes problem"?

And for this team to improve, he really needs to take that next step on defense as well?

dckingsfan wrote:I guess the follow-up to that will be about Giles - not sure I have a lot of faith in him getting the minutes he needs as the backup C this year.

I think the the Kings are going to make PF the Bagley/Giles position this year. By that I mean, between the two of them, they are going to get all 48 at that position and I don't think they will play all that much together. I think they will play WCS big minutes at Center because they need to see what they have before he becomes a free agent. With WCS and one of Bagley/Giles starting, I think we will run a lot more, which could benefit WCS.

As far as the rest of the minutes, I think we will see them distributed between Skal and Koufus, depending on the matchup. I think the Koufus will probably get more minutes near the deadline, in an attempt to trade him, but I do think Skal sees some minutes. Or maybe he sees minutes in Stockton. (Anyone know the rules on G-league assignments? Maybe they can't send him down?)

What do you need to see from WCS we haven’t seen in 4 years? He pretty much is what he is at this point. Giles is a center a very good high post option at this point and I would guess gets more minutes. Beli will get minutes at the power forward spot and if Skal can show any strength and BBIQ he gets rotated in as will Bagley. I think Vlade wants to see if Bagley can defend the three and he and Jackson will see minutes there.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#106 » by dckingsfan » Sat Aug 4, 2018 10:18 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
becorz wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Love your guys feedback on if you think WCS could breakout this season? His defensive rebounding (improving year over year) and shot blocking are fine.

But his TS% has decreased year over year, .588, .558 and then .529. So, as his usage has gone up his TS% has gone down dramatically (note: a good thing is that his TO rate hasn't gone up much).

So, is this just a "how he is used problem"? Or a "he isn't going to get better problem"? Or a "he can't do 2000+ minutes problem"?

And for this team to improve, he really needs to take that next step on defense as well?

dckingsfan wrote:I guess the follow-up to that will be about Giles - not sure I have a lot of faith in him getting the minutes he needs as the backup C this year.

I think the the Kings are going to make PF the Bagley/Giles position this year. By that I mean, between the two of them, they are going to get all 48 at that position and I don't think they will play all that much together. I think they will play WCS big minutes at Center because they need to see what they have before he becomes a free agent. With WCS and one of Bagley/Giles starting, I think we will run a lot more, which could benefit WCS.

As far as the rest of the minutes, I think we will see them distributed between Skal and Koufus, depending on the matchup. I think the Koufus will probably get more minutes near the deadline, in an attempt to trade him, but I do think Skal sees some minutes. Or maybe he sees minutes in Stockton. (Anyone know the rules on G-league assignments? Maybe they can't send him down?)

What do you need to see from WCS we haven’t seen in 4 years? He pretty much is what he is at this point. Giles is a center a very good high post option at this point and I would guess gets more minutes. Beli will get minutes at the power forward spot and if Skal can show any strength and BBIQ he gets rotated in as will Bagley. I think Vlade wants to see if Bagley can defend the three and he and Jackson will see minutes there.

You make good points previously about Giles. From WCS, I want to see if he is used as a 4th/5th option along with Fox and 3 players if he can (with less minutes) get back to the production (or exceed) of his rookie season. If not, I think it would be smart to move him.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 159

Post#107 » by Lost in LA » Sun Aug 5, 2018 11:51 pm

If we get only 25 wins as Vegas is predicting, either Vlade or Joerger (or both) have to go...
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#108 » by dckingsfan » Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:49 am

Lost in LA wrote:If we get only 25 wins as Vegas is predicting, either Vlade or Joerger (or both) have to go...

Why? Maybe the problem was thinking that we could get back to the playoffs quickly. And Vlade and Joerger followed that path.

Maybe better to look to see how the youngsters progress to see if there is light at the end of the tunnel? If we really work on developing the youngsters, I would think it would be hard to break 30 wins, no?
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#109 » by becorz » Mon Aug 6, 2018 10:46 pm

Sactowndog wrote:Giles is our best big and it’s not even close. The Kings will play Giles as many minutes as they can safely get away with.

I agree that Giles should play a lot of minutes, but I have no idea how you can say he is our best big. We have only seen him in summer league so far.
Sactowndog

Post#110 » by Sactowndog » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:02 pm

becorz wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:Giles is our best big and it’s not even close. The Kings will play Giles as many minutes as they can safely get away with.

I agree that Giles should play a lot of minutes, but I have no idea how you can say he is our best big. We have only seen him in summer league so far.

Because people in the Kings organization say he is our best player period. I feel pretty safe saying he is the best big.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#111 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:26 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
becorz wrote:

Because people in the Kings organization say he is our best player period. I feel pretty safe saying he is the best big.

Who said Giles is the Kings best player? In the end he had a solid SL, nothing over the moon but he had his moments. I think he can factor into the rotation but there are so many bigs even if you knock off Zbo and Kosta completely that it's going to be awkward. I'd rather see them continue to take it slower with Giles (keep him under the radar) and really give Skal and Willie their last chance to show something spectacular.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#112 » by dckingsfan » Tue Aug 7, 2018 7:49 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
becorz wrote:I agree that Giles should play a lot of minutes, but I have no idea how you can say he is our best big. We have only seen him in summer league so far.

Who said Giles is the Kings best player? In the end he had a solid SL, nothing over the moon but he had his moments. I think he can factor into the rotation but there are so many bigs even if you knock off Zbo and Kosta completely that it's going to be awkward. I'd rather see them continue to take it slower with Giles (keep him under the radar) and really give Skal and Willie their last chance to show something spectacular.

To that end - if you are the FO and you are convinced that (in no specific order) Bagley, Bjelica, Giles, Labissiere and Davis are the future. Would you trade with the Wizards for Mahimni/Oubre?

They are $14M over the cap - so it would have to be a combination of players that gets them close.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#113 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:47 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:Because people in the Kings organization say he is our best player period. I feel pretty safe saying he is the best big.

To that end - if you are the FO and you are convinced that (in no specific order) Bagley, Bjelica, Giles, Labissiere and Davis are the future. Would you trade with the Wizards for Mahimni/Oubre?

They are $14M over the cap - so it would have to be a combination of players that gets them close.

Using who? Willie? Lets put it this way, I think the Kings have like a few weeks to move Willie if they have any inclination he won't be a long term piece and they want some value. The best trade after that to me is using him to yes, trade for a SF that's in a similar contract situation that hopefully another team sees as a why not move. Three targets could be Oubre, Stanley Johson, and Justise Winslow. I don't know if taking on that kind of salary would needed to make that work unless those players have really outplayed Willie up to that point. If Willie weren't used then taking on salary might be needed. Any way they look at it they better not think they can just wait until summer to sign one of those RFA's. It ain't gonna happen. This offseason showed the Kings if they have any targets out there they need to get their rights to have even a remote shot at them.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#114 » by becorz » Tue Aug 7, 2018 9:51 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Using who? Willie? Lets put it this way, I think the Kings have like a few weeks to move Willie if they have any inclination he won't be a long term piece and they want some value. The best trade after that to me is using him to yes, trade for a SF that's in a similar contract situation that hopefully another team sees as a why not move. Three targets could be Oubre, Stanley Johson, and Justise Winslow. I don't know if taking on that kind of salary would needed to make that work unless those players have really outplayed Willie up to that point. If Willie weren't used then taking on salary might be needed. Any way they look at it they better not think they can just wait until summer to sign one of those RFA's. It ain't gonna happen. This offseason showed the Kings if they have any targets out there they need to get their rights to have even a remote shot at them.

Why would Miami trade Winslow for WCS when they have 10000000 centers on their team? Why does Detroit need him with Blake and Drummond around? The Wizards have Dwight right now and the only way they trade Oubre is if they don't want to pay him....but then they have to pay WCS.

WCS is simply not going anywhere because other teams don't need a center.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#115 » by dckingsfan » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:00 pm

becorz wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:Using who? Willie? Lets put it this way, I think the Kings have like a few weeks to move Willie if they have any inclination he won't be a long term piece and they want some value. The best trade after that to me is using him to yes, trade for a SF that's in a similar contract situation that hopefully another team sees as a why not move. Three targets could be Oubre, Stanley Johson, and Justise Winslow. I don't know if taking on that kind of salary would needed to make that work unless those players have really outplayed Willie up to that point. If Willie weren't used then taking on salary might be needed. Any way they look at it they better not think they can just wait until summer to sign one of those RFA's. It ain't gonna happen. This offseason showed the Kings if they have any targets out there they need to get their rights to have even a remote shot at them.

Why would Miami trade Winslow for WCS when they have 10000000 centers on their team? Why does Detroit need him with Blake and Drummond around? The Wizards have Dwight right now and the only way they trade Oubre is if they don't want to pay him....but then they have to pay WCS.

That is true. But SacKing makes a good point - the Kings can just hold tight.

But it was why I put the trade out there - I am not sure it makes sense unless you think Oubre would be a good piece in two years.

I think that the Wizards match for Oubre in the off-season.
Sactowndog

Post#116 » by Sactowndog » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:28 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
becorz wrote:

But it was why I put the trade out there - I am not sure it makes sense unless you think Oubre would be a good piece in two years.

Doubt the Wizards match Oubre. They are already in the Luxery tax and they aren’t matching a back up to Porter.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#117 » by dckingsfan » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:37 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
becorz wrote:Why would Miami trade Winslow for WCS when they have 10000000 centers on their team? Why does Detroit need him with Blake and Drummond around? The Wizards have Dwight right now and the only way they trade Oubre is if they don't want to pay him....but then they have to pay WCS.

Doubt the Wizards match Oubre. They are already in the Luxery tax and they aren’t matching a back up to Porter.

I think they will match Oubre. Everything out of that FO tells me that they will do so - Grunfeld always spends against himself.

Having said that - Oubre could tank, be the same or breakout. I think he will breakout and that would definitely make it tougher on the Wizards. There will be soooo many teams with cap space next year that it will make it tough.

Depending on the direction the season goes - I can see the Wizards moving Oubre or Satoransky with Mahimni to get out of the luxury tax.

But the Kings can just stay put and see what happens with their current set of youngsters. I threw out the possible trade because it would be easier for the Kings to match than to try to compete on the open market - that is, if they are interested.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#118 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:52 pm

becorz wrote:

I'm not saying any of these deals are probable or possible and as I said, a why not move could be a reason. Other teams might see Willie for the potential multi-positional defender he came into the league as which is valuable to teams willing to use it. And Willie's in the last year of his contract, it's very possible that Willie goes somewhere without the Kings getting jack or **** next summer if a GM or two see the same things KD was gushing over a while back. It might give a team like Miami a different look. Also, who knows how much longer Whiteside is in the picture.

As for Washington, the Oubre/Porter Jr. situation may never come to a head, then again it might. Dwight isn't a long term piece for them whereas Willie could be. This is all just ideas though because who knows what Willie does this year or any of those other players. As it sits right now there are 3 options in a similar contract scenario as Willie so it could make some sense if teams just want to go a different direction with no guaranteed commitment.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#119 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:55 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
becorz wrote:Why would Miami trade Winslow for WCS when they have 10000000 centers on their team? Why does Detroit need him with Blake and Drummond around? The Wizards have Dwight right now and the only way they trade Oubre is if they don't want to pay him....but then they have to pay WCS.

If they want to keep Oubre I can see them shopping Porter Jr. at the deadline. Although that contract might be something no team wants any part of. I wouldn't.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#120 » by dckingsfan » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:13 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:That is true. But SacKing makes a good point - the Kings can just hold tight.

If they want to keep Oubre I can see them shopping Porter Jr. at the deadline. Although that contract might be something no team wants any part of. I wouldn't.

No, there plan is to keep Wall/Beal/Oubre/Porter. It will hurt - but that is the plan. I am thinking they are going to try to move Mahimni before the trade deadline. They would either include a first or Oubre.

It will be fascinating.

Return to Sacramento Kings