Bagley

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

darbstar
Junior
And1: 48

Bagley 

Post#1 » by darbstar » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am

Firstly, does anyone even come on this board? It’s like a ghost town

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Bagley so far?
I was very down on him up until the last 2 preseason games where he is starting to show something. He is just complete athleticm at this stage but I think he will just keep slowly improving in all other areas.

Kings overall look horrible so far and will struggle to win many games from what they have shown in preseason
J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Re: Bagley 

Post#2 » by J_T » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 pm

darbstar wrote:Firstly, does anyone even come on this board? It’s like a ghost town

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Bagley so far?
I was very down on him up until the last 2 preseason games where he is starting to show something. He is just complete athleticm at this stage but I think he will just keep slowly improving in all other areas.

Kings overall look horrible so far and will struggle to win many games from what they have shown in preseason

I think that his ceiling is being 2nd best player on a 1st round exit team.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#3 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:26 pm

I think the entire NBA will be a ghost town this year with the imbalance being what it is, but with the Kings specifically, they obviously are on the same road to nowhere. The talent on the team is being misused worse than anything we've ever seen and as Kings fans we've seen it all!

Bagley is like most 19 year old big men, he'll take time. The problem is beyond him or any player at this point so it's going to be painful to watch until something changes around him and the rest.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#4 » by nolang1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:44 am

Amare Stoudemire averaged 15.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes his rookie year. Bagley is 6 months younger than Amare was as a rookie. A team-oriented version of Amare who doesn't suffer knee injuries is a 10-time all-star.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 pm

nolang1 wrote:Amare Stoudemire averaged 15.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes his rookie year. Bagley is 6 months younger than Amare was as a rookie. A team-oriented version of Amare who doesn't suffer knee injuries is a 10-time all-star.

Are you saying that’s what Bagley is? Who brought up Amar’e?
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#6 » by nolang1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
nolang1 wrote:Amare Stoudemire averaged 15.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes his rookie year. Bagley is 6 months younger than Amare was as a rookie. A team-oriented version of Amare who doesn't suffer knee injuries is a 10-time all-star.

Plenty of people have. Use a search engine such as Google if you're curious.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am

nolang1 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Plenty of people have. Use a search engine such as Google if you're curious.

So that is your opinion of Bagley? I thought you were arguing against him. Glad you appreciate his skills. Hopefully your right. He looked better to end the preseason
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:57 am

Anthony Davis averaged 13/8 as a rookie (17/10 per 36), Amare's numbers were posted earlier. I bring those guys up because those two were young raw athletic big men as well. Both became pretty much unstoppable forces on offense and basically perennial all NBA guys. I don't think Bagley as high of a ceiling as AD because of defense, I think Bagley can become a good defender, just not a DPOY type defender. But I think Bagley has a higher ceiling than Amare because of his rebounding and I think he has higher potential defensively.

But ya I don't expect super eye popping numbers from him this year, I wouldn't be shocked if he averages something like 14/8 and a lot of hot takes of him being a horrible pick at #2. But I expect a pretty consistent and fast paced growth.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Anthony Davis averaged 13/8 as a rookie (17/10 per 36), Amare's numbers were posted earlier. I bring those guys up because those two were young raw athletic big men as well. Both became pretty much unstoppable forces on offense and basically perennial all NBA guys. I don't think Bagley as high of a ceiling as AD because of defense, I think Bagley can become a good defender, just not a DPOY type defender. But I think Bagley has a higher ceiling than Amare because of his rebounding and I think he has higher potential defensively.

But ya I don't expect super eye popping numbers from him this year, I wouldn't be shocked if he averages something like 14/8 and a lot of hot takes of him being a horrible pick at #2. But I expect a pretty consistent and fast paced growth.

I've been more impressed with Bagleys defense than anything else so far. He's showing he has the desire to be a shot blocker. Without AD's length he probably won't be as effective but if he can combine his quick feet and fluid mobility with that desire he could be really good.

I can see similarities with Amare but I still think he lacks what made Amare so special and that was his power around the rim as a finisher. He moved people around. I think at Bagleys best he'll be some combo of Amare, Danny Manning, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim with good defense and rebounding. The question is how much does he develop his all around wing game if he has one.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#10 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Anthony Davis averaged 13/8 as a rookie (17/10 per 36), Amare's numbers were posted earlier. I bring those guys up because those two were young raw athletic big men as well. Both became pretty much unstoppable forces on offense and basically perennial all NBA guys. I don't think Bagley as high of a ceiling as AD because of defense, I think Bagley can become a good defender, just not a DPOY type defender. But I think Bagley has a higher ceiling than Amare because of his rebounding and I think he has higher potential defensively.

I've been more impressed with Bagleys defense than anything else so far. He's showing he has the desire to be a shot blocker. Without AD's length he probably won't be as effective but if he can combine his quick feet and fluid mobility with that desire he could be really good.

I can see similarities with Amare but I still think he lacks what made Amare so special and that was his power around the rim as a finisher. He moved people around. I think at Bagleys best he'll be some combo of Amare, Danny Manning, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim with good defense and rebounding. The question is how much does he develop his all around wing game if he has one.

Ya I never bought the him being this horrific defender narrative. I think no doubt he is a very raw defender, but he is big and athletic and he is going to play hard. I dont think he has the length to be an elite defender but I think he can become a good versatile defender for sure.

Bagley is definitely more finesse than Amare, but I think he is still going to get the job done just as well. I think definitely towards the end of the preseason you started to see him getting used to the speed of the game. Started to see him use that quick 2nd jump more often, he found himself in much better spots as well, and overall just started to look a lot more comfortable out there.

Again I think he can be a 14/8 guy right away. He needs to learn a little hook/floater with his right hand. He can create space with that lightening quick spin move of his in the post. But he gives it all up when hes doing it to his right because he forces it up with his left hand. I think this year we will see him score mostly off of athleticism and hustle. Next year we will see more of a faceup game and a little more right handed shots down low. Then year 3 I think we will see his game expand out to the 3 and I think he can become a scary player. Defensively I think he is going to be solid-good, if he can show a legit ability to guard 3-5 then he has a chance to be a really good defender.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#11 » by blind prophet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 am

darbstar wrote:Firstly, does anyone even come on this board? It’s like a ghost town

This is the abyss, River Styx, hell hole.

You are asking about a pick most of us didn't like, who hasn't shown much so far.

We've got no pick this year, and I'd wager most of us think we are bottom 5. I'm optimistic we will be better than the Hawks and win like 22 games this year.

We are around, but what's there to talk about?

May be more active around here after we start 1-9 or 2-8 and start getting pissed off, but then again maybe not as I don't think any of us have much hope this year.

If we had any faith in the front office, we'd be trying to talk stuff like trades and trying to tinker, or if we had something to lose like Cousins a way to fix things.

I'm going to enjoy the hell fire thank you very much for now. Come back when most of us are angry, or have wishful thinking.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#12 » by BoogieTime » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:38 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Ya I never bought the him being this horrific defender narrative. I think no doubt he is a very raw defender, but he is big and athletic and he is going to play hard. I dont think he has the length to be an elite defender but I think he can become a good versatile defender for sure.

Bagley is definitely more finesse than Amare, but I think he is still going to get the job done just as well. I think definitely towards the end of the preseason you started to see him getting used to the speed of the game. Started to see him use that quick 2nd jump more often, he found himself in much better spots as well, and overall just started to look a lot more comfortable out there.

Again I think he can be a 14/8 guy right away. He needs to learn a little hook/floater with his right hand. He can create space with that lightening quick spin move of his in the post. But he gives it all up when hes doing it to his right because he forces it up with his left hand. I think this year we will see him score mostly off of athleticism and hustle. Next year we will see more of a faceup game and a little more right handed shots down low. Then year 3 I think we will see his game expand out to the 3 and I think he can become a scary player. Defensively I think he is going to be solid-good, if he can show a legit ability to guard 3-5 then he has a chance to be a really good defender.

Bro, I think your boy might be on pace to get some folks fired and be the butt of what if we took Doncic for a decade, but as a fan I have to be hopeful. Is he skilled enough, or see the floor well enough to be a great modern big? Time will tell. I hope for him to be a solid starter. That’s what I can accept

Return to Sacramento Kings