ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #1 Sacramento vs Utah

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Game #1 Sacramento vs Utah 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Alright fellas the seasons finally here. I know its been quiet around here and most of you are disappointed in the offseason.

Interested in a few things tonight.

1. How much does Joerger play his vets.. Randolph, Koufos, McLemore, Shump. (Not sure if Koufos and Shump are even ready to play?)
2. How does Buddy do starting?
3. What does the rotation look like? Are we going 13 deep in Joerger fashion or is he going to learn his lesson and give the young guys big minutes.

I know it seems like a wasted year, we are terrible and have no draft pick. But I still feel things are moving in the right direction, we have some really good young guys and we need a few of them to make the leap. This will be a good test year to see who fits moving forward.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,507

Re: Game #1 Sacramento vs Utah 

Post#2 » by codydaze » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:41 pm

I fully expect the rotations to be out of control for the first few weeks of the season. I would hope by late November we're more locked into an 8-9 man rotation but who knows with Joerger. I just watched an interview with Joerger where he kind of implied Justin Jackson would be seeing a good amount of time as a small 4 which I hate the idea of. Not only does that cut into Bagley and Giles playing time, he will get destroyed on the defensive end playing the 4.

I'm hoping for big things from Buddy and I'm more excited to see how this team gels with Bogi back on the floor.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:55 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Alright fellas the seasons finally here. I know its been quiet around here and most of you are disappointed in the offseason.

Interested in a few things tonight.

1. How much does Joerger play his vets.. Randolph, Koufos, McLemore, Shump. (Not sure if Koufos and Shump are even ready to play?)
2. How does Buddy do starting?
3. What does the rotation look like? Are we going 13 deep in Joerger fashion or is he going to learn his lesson and give the young guys big minutes.

I know it seems like a wasted year, we are terrible and have no draft pick. But I still feel things are moving in the right direction, we have some really good young guys and we need a few of them to make the leap. This will be a good test year to see who fits moving forward.

Is there a time you felt things weren’t moving in a positive direction?

I think there is a world which Fox/Buddy/Bogdan/Bagley/Giles are able to show out and become a competitive core, though I’m still expecting new management.

Tonight will be exciting, I’ll try to make it

I think “tiny backcourt” with Buddy starting at SF, Bagley, and to my chagrin that he’s not gone yet, old faithful Stein
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#4 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Outside of the game Elston coached I didn't like what I saw in preseason. Same cramped paint, same useless passing, same useless horn sets. Maybe tonight will be different. We'll know early if and when the game starts with two bigs at the elbows handing off passes to guards. :lol:
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:29 pm

codydaze wrote:I fully expect the rotations to be out of control for the first few weeks of the season. I would hope by late November we're more locked into an 8-9 man rotation but who knows with Joerger. I just watched an interview with Joerger where he kind of implied Justin Jackson would be seeing a good amount of time as a small 4 which I hate the idea of. Not only does that cut into Bagley and Giles playing time, he will get destroyed on the defensive end playing the 4.

I'm hoping for big things from Buddy and I'm more excited to see how this team gels with Bogi back on the floor.
That's what I expect from joerger. Hopefully those lineups where Jackson is playing small ball 4 are the same lineups bagley is playing 3 hahahaha.

We have so many bigs we need to make some decisions early in the season.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#6 » by ducler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,507

Post#7 » by codydaze » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:43 pm

I'll also add that I know expectation are fairly low for this team but we also need to not freak out and think the sky is falling when we, inevitably, look like a bad basketball team. This year is going to be rough with a lot of losses, we need to look at individual improvement above anything else.

Things I'd like to see over the course of the year:

- Fox develops a more consistent jumper and starts to make the defense play him more honestly. (I'd be thrilled with 32-34% on 4+ attempts a game from deep)
- Buddy makes more strides on the defensive end and establishes himself as a great glue guy who can spread the floor.
- Bagley's overall comfort on the floor improves and we see flashes of go-to scorer potential.
- Giles stays healthy first and foremost and shows glimpses of someone who can anchor the defense.
- Bogdan shows he's the steady hand of this team.
- Justin Jackson becomes noticeable on the court.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#8 » by JohnWillow » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:18 pm

I'm guys ready for this season, this is the last week before my long waited vacation, so I will have to watch all of the games live at night... at least one thing we can agree, we have no pick, so we have to cheer for the wins.

I was grumpy all summer after the draft, but I'm moving on because nothing can be changed about that, let's enjoy Kings basketball and hope for the surprise season.

I hope Joerger isn't the same old ''I talk guy'', but he does not stick to his words, like last season, because he has said a lot of nice things this offseason, so I hope it converts it on the court.

Kind a sad, that Bogi is injured, was looking forward to see our team full strenght at the start.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#9 » by KF10 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 pm

We will probably get destroyed by the Jazz again but I'm still looking forward to this game.

The only thing that will ruin my mood is Joerger's archaic game plan and weird fetish with veterans.

Other than that, GO KINGS!
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:41 pm

KF10 wrote:We will probably get destroyed by the Jazz again but I'm still looking forward to this game.

The only thing that will ruin my mood is Joerger's archaic game plan and weird fetish with veterans.

Other than that, GO KINGS!

That’s the thing that’s giving me pause on going. I went to the preseason Jazz game too. It’s going to need to be somewhat competitive..
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#11 » by blind prophet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Best reasonable expectation is that it's close headed into the 4th.

This is a dangerous game though for Utah, they just obliterated us in preseason & home opener. I got us starting 1-9 or at best 2-8. But out of the first 10 games this would be the one we'd steal if you told me we we'd more than that in advance.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#12 » by BoogieTime » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 pm

blind prophet wrote:Best reasonable expectation is that it's close headed into the 4th.

This is a dangerous game though for Utah, they just obliterated us in preseason & home opener. I got us starting 1-9 or at best 2-8. But out of the first 10 games this would be the one we'd steal if you told me we we'd more than that in advance.

I’m not sure it’s humanly possible to steal this, after what we saw in preseason. Jazz looked like the second best team in the league after the Warriors, thoroughly annihilated us. Tough to go to a game where you can’t have a solid confidence in winning, but opening night festivities are on point
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:15 am

I think im the only person in the world (aside from Buddy himself) who thinks he has potential to be a star.

Really hoping he plays 35mpg and is the focal point of the offense!
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#14 » by KF10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:17 am

9-0 start? Hmm, interesting.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#15 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:18 am

9-0. Let’s end the game now.

But not liking neither of Bagley/Giles. Thought Mason deserved the tiny lineup, but I guess yogi for defensive purposes
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#16 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:19 am

Glad I came, very least it will be competitive
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#17 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:19 am

System finally ditched? Kings don't look like crap? Nice.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#18 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:40 am

I ALREADY DESPISE SHUMPERT. Absolutely cannot wait for Bogi to get back. I'd rather see ben shmucklemore out there over shump
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#19 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:41 am

I love bagley, the potential is unreal for that guy
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#20 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 am

Not bad, not bad. Finally gave the Kings guards some space and suprise they don't suck buttcrack.

Return to Sacramento Kings