Bagley in the rookie doghouse smfh

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Game #1 Sacramento vs Utah 

Post#43 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Lost in LA wrote:Joerger is awful, he will ruin this team

I've been saying this for God knows hold long. Hes in capable of changing. I think we should get a reddit campaign going and have people stand outside G1 with signs saying fire joerger.

I went from going to about 10-12 games per year to not going at all last year. I wont go till hes gone
FlipBaller31
Sophomore
And1: 200

Post#44 » by FlipBaller31 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 pm

I have no idea why the clear better player for that game was subbed out when the game was still winnable and kept in "PF" Justin Jackson. Bagley got 12 fking mins. Skal got no burn. But glad WCS is playing well so they can increase his trade value.

I dont get why we invested so much on our bigs and they ended up warming the bench.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#45 » by codydaze » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:22 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I've been saying this for God knows hold long. Hes in capable of changing. I think we should get a reddit campaign going and have people stand outside G1 with signs saying fire joerger.

I went from going to about 10-12 games per year to not going at all last year. I wont go till hes gone

I had given Joerger the benefit of the doubt for a long time because of his success in Memphis but I'm finally starting to come around on the idea that he is not the right coach for this team.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#46 » by ICMTM » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm not with Joerger either. I wanted Mark Jackson to get the job offer, but it didn't happen.

Hopefully Joerger can prove us wrong, but he IMO is the issue.
KANGZZZZZ!
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#47 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm

codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I had given Joerger the benefit of the doubt for a long time because of his success in Memphis but I'm finally starting to come around on the idea that he is not the right coach for this team.

His system is god awful. He got lucky in Memphis that the system/roster was already in place to benefit his play style. I was really excited when he came on board because I figured that he only used that style because it was the strength of that team, little did I know thats the only style of basketball he knows. If he coached in the 90's he could be successful. We have one of the youngest most athletic teams in the league, and last year we were allergic to fast paced transition offense.

It makes no sense either because by all accounts Vivek wants to emulate the Warriors style, but instead we are copying the offense Memphis ran with the wrong roster. I'm hoping he allows Fox, Buddy, Bogdan to run more with the bigs this year.

We need a modern day coach, no more retreads. I wanted Luke Walton, I thought he did a great job in GS and I think he coached the Lakers team up a lot last year.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#48 » by jazanetti » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Bjelica - 27 min
Bagley - 12
Giles - 9
Skal - 0.
Everything as expected. Waiting for ZBo and Kosta.

Sent from my MI 3W using RealGM mobile app
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#49 » by Silver Man » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Joerger's love for Justin Jackson is unreal considering the guy cannot shoot threes. Even without Bogs I would much rather Jackson's minutes going somewhere else and by somewhere else I mean literally anywhere else. Once Frank came in and Fox left everything just fell apart. I've been quite harsh on WCS in years past but he did step up nicely tonight as a leader and played with some fire which makes me happy his agent informed he's in a contract year. Fox's growing every game in front of our eyes is amazing. The kids an absolute stud. Bjelica is a player as well. Cannot say this enough but wow Justin Jackson is absolutely terrible. His "best" attribute is supposedly shooting but he's absolute barf at shooting.

As for Giles I love the guy and think he's going to be excellent for us offensively but wow watching him in the pick n roll was brutal. All a learning experience for him and with his offensive abilities even a little improvement on the PNR defense will go a long way for us.

As for Joerger, substitutions sucked, but he got the guys to play hard and intense throughout which is expected form a home season opener so we'll see if that continues which I do think it will.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/shot-chart/201810170SAC.html

Shot chart picture wasn't working so here's the link to the shot chart.

The shot chart alone is pretty telling of the Kings. The amount of long twos we took as a team is disgusting. Joerger needs to understand a long two is the worst shot in the game. We are already not a great team compared to the rest of the league and by taking the long two it is putting us a an even more disadvantage. This is not completely Joergers fault as our roster is poorly constructed with how little three point shooters we have but at the same time watching so many long twos being taken is a sad thing to see that while other teams have adapted to the new NBA a while ago we still have not adapted a very simple concept. The main point I'm also trying to make here with the long twos is our defense is not going to win us any games. Its just not, we aren't a great defensive team so if we are going to win its going to be by outscoring the other teams 90% of the time and shooting long twos is going to extremely hamper that opportunity by leaving that extra point out there.

Last thing watching last nights game Joe Ingles would be such an amazing player for us to have.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#50 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm

One step at a time I guess. He finally ditched the high post garbage and played to the strengths of his team. If he goes away from it again I hope they re-hire him after they first fire him just so they can fire him twice.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#51 » by nolimit0820 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Fans are brutal. DJ has his mishaps but considering what he has worked with in the short time he's been here he has done a great job.

Glad he ditched the high post. The team really got up and down last night. Defensively battled, rotations with the first unit were strong. IQ dropped with the second.

I'm okay with MBIII starting there. We did the same thing with Fox and look at him now. He doesn't look like a 2 year player in his first game. MBIII will be our franchise player at the 4. I dont care if he gets second team all rookie. He'll be playing 35 min later in season and will develop incredibly.

Choppy post, but doing it under the table during a meeting LOL true fan
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#52 » by codydaze » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:58 pm

jazanetti wrote:Bjelica - 27 min
Bagley - 12
Giles - 9
Skal - 0.

I mean, to be fair, Beli was balling and should have closed the game. Giles got in quick foul trouble, Bagley was the only that got shafted last night. Jackson playing 30 minutes is the real problem.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#53 » by codydaze » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Silver Man wrote:Joerger's love for Justin Jackson is unreal considering the guy cannot shoot threes. Even without Bogs I would much rather Jackson's minutes going somewhere else and by somewhere else I mean literally anywhere else. Once Frank came in and Fox left everything just fell apart. I've been quite harsh on WCS in years past but he did step up nicely tonight as a leader and played with some fire which makes me happy his agent informed he's in a contract year. Fox's growing every game in front of our eyes is amazing. The kids an absolute stud. Bjelica is a player as well. Cannot say this enough but wow Justin Jackson is absolutely terrible. His "best" attribute is supposedly shooting but he's absolute barf at shooting.

As for Giles I love the guy and think he's going to be excellent for us offensively but wow watching him in the pick n roll was brutal. All a learning experience for him and with his offensive abilities even a little improvement on the PNR defense will go a long way for us.

As for Joerger, substitutions sucked, but he got the guys to play hard and intense throughout which is expected form a home season opener so we'll see if that continues which I do think it will.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/shot-chart/201810170SAC.html

Shot chart picture wasn't working so here's the link to the shot chart.

The shot chart alone is pretty telling of the Kings. The amount of long twos we took as a team is disgusting. Joerger needs to understand a long two is the worst shot in the game. We are already not a great team compared to the rest of the league and by taking the long two it is putting us a an even more disadvantage. This is not completely Joergers fault as our roster is poorly constructed with how little three point shooters we have but at the same time watching so many long twos being taken is a sad thing to see that while other teams have adapted to the new NBA a while ago we still have not adapted a very simple concept. The main point I'm also trying to make here with the long twos is our defense is not going to win us any games. Its just not, we aren't a great defensive team so if we are going to win its going to be by outscoring the other teams 90% of the time and shooting long twos is going to extremely hamper that opportunity by leaving that extra point out there.

Last thing watching last nights game Joe Ingles would be such an amazing player for us to have.

We were one of the top teams in 3P% last year though, it's by design that we take so many mid range jumpers. The shot chart is incredibly telling. Utah gets 90% of their scoring from the paint or from outside, meanwhile we're taking a crap load of mid range jumpers. That just won't work in this league.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#54 » by KF10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Joerger simply doesn't value the 3PT shot and the layup. Why does he prefer the long 2PTers over those, most arguably, the best shots in the NBA of this era?
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,189

Post#55 » by Mickey8 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:46 am

City of Trees wrote:Now that was an entertaining game!

Bjelica and Yogi both balled out today. I was unaware Bjelica had that much game! He's long too. Signings are looking good after game 1.

Another game, another day i question Joerger's rotation.

I noticed Skal got no run at all.

Fox is gonna be a problem!

Well in Europe and with the Serbian national team he was do it all kind of a guy , In Minnesota he was reduced to being a spot up three point shooter , three point shooting was never his strongest suit in Europe but he's shooting in the NBA improved, too bad Minnesota wasted his talent .
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#56 » by City of Trees » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:59 am

KF10 wrote:Joerger simply doesn't value the 3PT shot and the layup. Why does he prefer the long 2PTers over those, most arguably, the best shots in the NBA of this era?
And I dont want to hear long 2's are the only plays he is able to teach. 18% crap.

Joerger is a bad fit in todays NBA plain and simple

Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#57 » by Cappy_Smurf » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:23 am

Jazz fan here. Just wanted to say I was impressed with how much heart the kings showed last night. I felt bad about some of the comments people made after that pre-season blowout, because Utah can do that to anybody when their offense is clicking. They did the same thing to GS twice last year by 30 and 40 points, so nobody should look at that game as an indicator of the kings being a bad team.

It might take another year or two, but I think things are headed in the right direction. You've got a bunch of young guys who are already looking good, and just need some time to take off. Definitely looks like there's some light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with the upcoming season.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#58 » by jazanetti » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:45 am

codydaze wrote:
jazanetti wrote:Bjelica - 27 min
Bagley - 12
Giles - 9
Skal - 0.

I mean, to be fair, Beli was balling and should have closed the game. Giles got in quick foul trouble, Bagley was the only that got shafted last night. Jackson playing 30 minutes is the real problem.
The real problem is that the only goal right now is not PO run or trying to win one more game. It's developing young players (except getting rid of Joerger and Vlade's gang of course). Bjelica is not the one who should play 30 minutes while Bagley, Giles and Skal are sitting.
And don't worry about Jackson, Bogi'll take his minutes.

Return to Sacramento Kings