ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings General Discussion 2018-2019

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Re: Kings General Discussion 2018-2019 

Post#661 » by sacking123 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:44 pm

I really liked Swanigan as a prospect. Hopefully a new start gives both of those guys an opportunity, although I doubt Swanigan sees time this season.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#662 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:52 pm

Kings waived Mclemore. We now have two open roster spots.

My prediction is Troy Williams and they keep the other spot open

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#663 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:54 pm

The available bigs market is getting crowded. Kanter, Lopez, Gortat. Maybe Jordan...

I don't see a move for us since we didn't move WCS but it's interesting.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#664 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:57 pm

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:What position does Swanigan play, Wikipedia lists it as ‘Bust’

I would’ve preferred DJ or a proven option. I would’ve liked a starting C, but oh well
Bruiser PF/C

We needed a tough guy. Mason was up for the job and only got beard and not chin haha
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#665 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:58 pm

I do consider Enes an upgrade to WCS, but you still need Giles getting reps. Interesting what might happen there. WCS bought out or waived? Admittedly I’m not his biggest fan
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#666 » by sacking123 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:01 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:The available bigs market is getting crowded. Kanter, Lopez, Gortat. Maybe Jordan...

I don't see a move for us since we didn't move WCS but it's interesting.

I think we will end up with Kanter and backup PG.
What they do with the minutes at C I don't know. I don't see a happy ending with that.

I'm hoping to stand pat a little bit and get depth in case of injuries, unless its DJ.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#667 » by becorz » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:04 pm

BoogieTime wrote:I do consider Enes an upgrade to WCS, but you still need Giles getting reps. Interesting what might happen there. WCS bought out or waived? Admittedly I’m not his biggest fan

I am just as big of a WCS hater as anyone else, but suggesting they get rid of him for nothing right now is crazy. He is still playing well and is still our best or second best (depending on how you feel about Bagley) big.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#668 » by pillwenney » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:23 pm

None of the available bigs are enough of an upgrade over Willie (if they are at all) to justify messing with the chemistry or fit at this point. I don't really have any desire to pick anybody else up. Glad we'll be able to convert Williams' deal though.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#669 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:30 pm

Love the under the radar pick up of Swanigan. It seems like all the missed draft pickups with Sac end up here eventually. lol.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#670 » by SactoKingsFan » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:37 pm

Acquiring Kanter to be a part of this playoff push would be a mistake. He's one of the worst defensive bigs. His defensive instincts are terrible, doesn't put in much effort and he can't defend the PnR. Teams will exploit Kanter"s defense whenever he's on the court. Willie actually provides positive value and is a plus defender.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#671 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:46 pm

SactoKingsFan wrote:Acquiring Kanter to be a part of this playoff push would be a mistake. He's one of the worst defensive bigs. His defensive instincts are terrible, doesn't put in much effort and he can't defend the PnR. Teams will exploit Kanter"s defense whenever he's on the court. Willie actually provides positive value and is a plus defender.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm also not sure that having a post up big is that important now with the additions of Barnes and Burks. They Kings lost some things with the trades but they gained two players that can get shots out of the offensive structure as slashers and Barnes can post really well too.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#672 » by donkeylips » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:49 pm

I’m hoping for a rolo or dj buyout.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#673 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:00 pm

Vlade says the Kings aren't going to rush to fill the empty roster spots.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#674 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:10 pm

Kings view Swanigan as a development project.

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#675 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:19 pm

City of Trees wrote:Kings view Swanigan as a development project.

We need toughness and I doubt KK will be here next year.

Maybe we'll get lucky.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#676 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:31 pm

sdballer wrote:This is the problem with the mods allowing this to continue. Anyone else that posts rumors or speculation is open for comments, criticism, etc. But because he frames it as super secret inside info, no one is allowed to dispute or question it which means this always ends up turning into a temper tantrum.

If it makes you feel better to keep suggesting you are the special kings and every other teams insider on this board, go for it but stop freaking out when your info gets challenged just like any other person on this board

Get the facts straight ! The real problem is that and a handful of others attempt to dictate this board as if you not only start trouble , speak for me or others were you have no right to do so , you claim what another member knows or does not know to other members on the board . You do not know me , You do not know what I know , You cannot claim that I do not know stuff or what I am saying is untrue when I have been proven right . Many times I have announced rumors that are not anywhere online were a day - a week later all of a sudden these reports get put out their from other sources . I do not care if any one credits me or not . But to discredit me or call me fake etc. , bash me with no real good reason + gang up on me with your brothers & friends for what ? I have never once initiated any issue with you or anyone else but yet you look for me & start with me . You talk about the Mods about me . I have not done anything wrong . You and a handful of others for over 4 years now keep initiating childish antics & drama and should simply ignore me and mind your business rather than starting with me or anyone else . Grow up , stop trying to censor anyone or dictate what I can say . Etc. ETc.

I have never sought you or any of you to start anything . Get the facts straight . If you or anyone stopped speaking for me , lieing to others claiming I do not know what I do as you have no right to or proof . You simply stopped attacking me or others unjustly and you simply posted real opinions , facts or whatever in regards to the Kings all would be fantastic . You should not be on this site / board or any other to start the kind of drama you and a handful of others do here .

If you do not want me defending myself etc. Do not give me a reason to do so . Grow up and act like you can be civil
I never started with you or anyone else nor will I if you and them stop your childish behaviors .
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#677 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:34 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
dozencousins wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
Yeah, a lot of things reported are not factual.

Mobbin everyone knows t he response you gave to McCeltic is very much directed towards me . You do not know what I know or do not know .
Do not speak for me or anyone else . I know what I know and only reports facts as to what is going on .
You are a problematic user whom has a deep history of starting drama on this site . More so with me and you always start it .

Please grow up and leave me alone . You have every right as everyone else does to not agree or think I am b.s. if you want . What you do not have a right to do is speak as if you are speaking for me or anyone else . If so you are claiming you have inside knowledge as to directly knowing me and or what I know which you do not .
I do not want problems with you and would rather us never speak . I Will not allow you or anyone to lie in regards to me or unjustly start issues . Grow up and stop these things PLEASE ! So everyone can enjoy this site / board for what it is meant for and that is fun , insight , knowledge . It is not meant for childish drama , those picking fights , stirring the pot etc.

That was a general statement about things that I have seen "reported" here, on twitter, reddit, instagram and the Athletic. It was more about how teams may or may not throw smokescreen then about insiders how may be wrong about info they have received from any source.

That you believe it's always about you is telling.

You are lieing here . Anyone with any insight to how you have been towards me knows it was directed at me and you know it . YOu are claiming other wise so you can fake what yiou were doing so the mods don't think you are doing anything wrong when you are .

NIce try
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#678 » by dozencousins » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:37 pm

City of Trees wrote:The ignore feature will work wonders here people.
codydaze wrote:
sdballer wrote:This is the problem with the mods allowing this to continue. Anyone else that posts rumors or speculation is open for comments, criticism, etc. But because he frames it as super secret inside info, no one is allowed to dispute or question it which means this always ends up turning into a temper tantrum.

If it makes you feel better to keep suggesting you are the special kings and every other teams insider on this board, go for it but stop freaking out when your info gets challenged just like any other person on this board

You can just put him on your ignore list and not see any of his posts rather than go back and forth about something that really doesn't matter.

I really hope he does exactly what you mentioned .

That would be fantastic
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#679 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:40 pm

dozencousins wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
dozencousins wrote:

Mobbin everyone knows t he response you gave to McCeltic is very much directed towards me . You do not know what I know or do not know .
Do not speak for me or anyone else . I know what I know and only reports facts as to what is going on .
You are a problematic user whom has a deep history of starting drama on this site . More so with me and you always start it .

Please grow up and leave me alone . You have every right as everyone else does to not agree or think I am b.s. if you want . What you do not have a right to do is speak as if you are speaking for me or anyone else . If so you are claiming you have inside knowledge as to directly knowing me and or what I know which you do not .
I do not want problems with you and would rather us never speak . I Will not allow you or anyone to lie in regards to me or unjustly start issues . Grow up and stop these things PLEASE ! So everyone can enjoy this site / board for what it is meant for and that is fun , insight , knowledge . It is not meant for childish drama , those picking fights , stirring the pot etc.

That was a general statement about things that I have seen "reported" here, on twitter, reddit, instagram and the Athletic. It was more about how teams may or may not throw smokescreen then about insiders how may be wrong about info they have received from any source.

That you believe it's always about you is telling.

You are lieing here . Anyone with any insight to how you have been towards me knows it was directed at me and you know it . YOu are claiming other wise so you can fake what yiou were doing so the mods don't think you are doing anything wrong when you are .

NIce try

Get some help man.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#680 » by sdballer » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:41 pm

dozencousins wrote:

Get the facts straight ! The real problem is that and a handful of others attempt to dictate this board as if you not only start trouble , speak for me or others were you have no right to do so , you claim what another member knows or does not know to other members on the board . You do not know me , You do not know what I know , You cannot claim that I do not know stuff or what I am saying is untrue when I have been proven right . Many times I have announced rumors that are not anywhere online were a day - a week later all of a sudden these reports get put out their from other sources . I do not care if any one credits me or not . But to discredit me or call me fake etc. , bash me with no real good reason + gang up on me with your brothers & friends for what ? I have never once initiated any issue with you or anyone else but yet you look for me & start with me . You talk about the Mods about me . I have not done anything wrong . You and a handful of others for over 4 years now keep initiating childish antics & drama and should simply ignore me and mind your business rather than starting with me or anyone else . Grow up , stop trying to censor anyone or dictate what I can say . Etc. ETc.

I have never sought you or any of you to start anything . Get the facts straight . If you or anyone stopped speaking for me , lieing to others claiming I do not know what I do as you have no right to or proof . You simply stopped attacking me or others unjustly and you simply posted real opinions , facts or whatever in regards to the Kings all would be fantastic . You should not be on this site / board or any other to start the kind of drama you and a handful of others do here .

If you do not want me defending myself etc. Do not give me a reason to do so . Grow up and act like you can be civil
I never started with you or anyone else nor will I if you and them stop your childish behaviors .

I really don't care if you post real rumors or not on here. What I care about is that you seem to believe you are the only person on the board who no one else can challenge. If anyone else here posts a rumor or speculation, others can and do critique it and we all move on. But you turn every trade discussion into your own personal thread, including calling out other people who may speculate about something that doesn't match your "inside info". I have no problem with the back and forth on rumors. It's part of the fun of being a fan. But that's not what you are after. You want everyone to bow down to your info and let you claim whatever you want.

As I said, its a simple solution. Post what you want and deal with people calling it out. Just like EVERY OTHER USER ON THIS BOARD.

Return to Sacramento Kings