codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Re: Kings General Discussion 2018-2019 

Post#701 » by codydaze » Fri Feb 8, 2019 9:09 pm

dozencousins wrote:
dozencousins wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Agreed - I have him on ignore and the thread reads really well.

THANK GOD for that

By the way Sincerely CodyDayze thank you for suggestion to them what I have been simply asking them to do for years now

I just want to keep this board civil and focused on this team. Asking them to ignore and not engage with your posts goes both ways, including you not engaging if people try calling you out. Anyone is allowed to post anything they want (within reason) here and I know how annoying things may get from both sides but the back and forth bickering is not productive to the purpose of this community.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#702 » by becorz » Fri Feb 8, 2019 9:26 pm

codydaze wrote:I really like the Corey Brewer signing as well, I wouldn’t mind him sticking around the rest of the year.

I also like the Corey Brewer signing, but do we think he will get enough PT to stick around? Unless the plan is to bench Yogi and have Bogi play point (and it might be, given that he and Burks sort of duplicates Yogi), I don't see how Brewer gets a lot of run. But the more I think about it, I do kind of like the Bogi/Burks/Brewer/Giles/Bagley lineup, even if it is a little light on shooting.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#703 » by codydaze » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:57 pm

becorz wrote:
codydaze wrote:I really like the Corey Brewer signing as well, I wouldn’t mind him sticking around the rest of the year.

I also like the Corey Brewer signing, but do we think he will get enough PT to stick around? Unless the plan is to bench Yogi and have Bogi play point (and it might be, given that he and Burks sort of duplicates Yogi), I don't see how Brewer gets a lot of run. But the more I think about it, I do kind of like the Bogi/Burks/Brewer/Giles/Bagley lineup, even if it is a little light on shooting.

He'd likely get situational minutes and would be more of a solid injury insurance.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#704 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:17 pm

codydaze wrote:
becorz wrote:

He'd likely get situational minutes and would be more of a solid injury insurance.
I see him getting minutes with a Burks/Bogi backcourt off the bench because both guards can run some Point

Bogi
Burks
Brewer
Bagley
Giles

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#705 » by codydaze » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:23 pm

City of Trees wrote:
codydaze wrote:
becorz wrote:I also like the Corey Brewer signing, but do we think he will get enough PT to stick around? Unless the plan is to bench Yogi and have Bogi play point (and it might be, given that he and Burks sort of duplicates Yogi), I don't see how Brewer gets a lot of run. But the more I think about it, I do kind of like the Bogi/Burks/Brewer/Giles/Bagley lineup, even if it is a little light on shooting.

I see him getting minutes with a Burks/Bogi backcourt off the bench because both guards can run some Point

Bogi
Burks
Brewer
Bagley
Giles

You think Yogi gets bumped from the rotation? He's been playing pretty well lately. I see Yogi or Brewer getting minutes off the bench depending on the matchup.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#706 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:40 pm

Depth.

You have to have it in the west now. And reasonable wing size to deal with the bigger vet wings in the west. That’s the reason.

I still want RoLo as Willies b/u. Defense and rebounding and a guy who can still run with guys. Shift Marvin tonthe starting five. Shift Harry to the 4 with the second unit along with NB at the 3 where he belongs. The second unit gives you and entirely different look and just as nasty as the first. Bogie runs the point and Burks the 2. It’s also a huge lineup and can early rest the starters to keep them fresh for the late game and helps to wear out the opposition starters.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#707 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:45 pm

codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Bogi
Burks
Brewer
Bagley
Giles

You think Yogi gets bumped from the rotation? He's been playing pretty well lately. I see Yogi or Brewer getting minutes off the bench depending on the matchup.
I dont see Yogi getting completely bumped but I can see Joerger using this line up in his rotation.

becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#708 » by becorz » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:01 am

City of Trees wrote:
codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I see him getting minutes with a Burks/Bogi backcourt off the bench because both guards can run some Point

Bogi
Burks
Brewer
Bagley
Giles

I dont see Yogi getting completely bumped but I can see Joerger using this line up in his rotation.

Yeah, I think Brewer/Yogi are going to be play based on what we need at the time. I am just worried that Brewer might be a little more in demand than we think and bails after his contract. He played really well in Philly and I am surprised they didn't sign him back, even with what they did at the deadline.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#709 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:46 am

becorz wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Yeah, I think Brewer/Yogi are going to be play based on what we need at the time. I am just worried that Brewer might be a little more in demand than we think and bails after his contract. He played really well in Philly and I am surprised they didn't sign him back, even with what they did at the deadline.

I didn't watch every game in Philly but I wasn't super impressed with the few I saw. It may have been a chemistry thing and not being up on the plays but he looked lost at times and was pretty porous on defense. I'm hoping he can add a spark and some toughness but the risk is low.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#710 » by sacking123 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:35 am

Hope this works

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This just isn’t acceptable at all.
I keep on wanting to back this guy and defend him etc, but come on it’s getting TOO much Willie.
If the Kings aren’t going to sign him to an extension then maybe signing one of the waived guys, Kanter or Rolo is better. Surely they will come in and give effort. Doesn’t WCS know that it’s a contract year for him? Teams are watching Willie!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#711 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 9, 2019 4:11 pm

2 games out of 6th place :D

(just being optimistic)
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#712 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:22 pm

OT but LOL

Read on Twitter

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#713 » by OGSactownballer » Sat Feb 9, 2019 7:17 pm

City of Trees wrote:OT but LOL

Read on Twitter

:lol:
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#714 » by Silver Man » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Just do to the fact that he was discussed a bit by us looking into trading for him Lin looks be being bought out and headed to Toronto.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#715 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Silver Man wrote:Just do to the fact that he was discussed a bit by us looking into trading for him Lin looks be being bought out and headed to Toronto.

Yogi is playing phenomenal, so I didn’t see the need. But interesting
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 525

Post#716 » by Silver Man » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
Silver Man wrote:Just do to the fact that he was discussed a bit by us looking into trading for him Lin looks be being bought out and headed to Toronto.

Yogi is playing phenomenal, so I didn’t see the need. But interesting

Oh I had and still have no interest in Lin. I was just pointing it out that he ended up being bought out and likely headed to Toronto.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#717 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:29 pm

dckingsfan wrote:2 games out of 6th place :D

(just being optimistic)

Actually it’s very realistic with the logjam of the 4-10 zone this year.

I keep waiting for a team to jump out of the pack but I think that they really are just that close in equitable talents between those teams.

Now if Houston stays healthy they are in the upper tier for sure. But they are also one injury away from dropping back to the pack. And if something happens to Harden...

We own the season series against San Antonio. We can still beat out Utah and should be able to pass up the Clippers outright here over the stretch run. Portland has a huge road schedule to finish out and I believe we can win that series as well still (1-1 right now correct me if I am wrong).

So we’ll see but I’m feeling really good about this teams structure and ability to win the slow down game now.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#718 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:2 games out of 6th place :D

(just being optimistic)

Actually it’s very realistic with the logjam of the 4-10 zone this year.

I keep waiting for a team to jump out of the pack but I think that they really are just that close in equitable talents between those teams.

Now if Houston stays healthy they are in the upper tier for sure. But they are also one injury away from dropping back to the pack. And if something happens to Harden...

We own the season series against San Antonio. We can still beat out Utah and should be able to pass up the Clippers outright here over the stretch run. Portland has a huge road schedule to finish out and I believe we can win that series as well still (1-1 right now correct me if I am wrong).

So we’ll see but I’m feeling really good about this teams structure and ability to win the slow down game now.

Don't look now but I think we are in 8th... man, a win in Denver would be huge psychologically, no?
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#719 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:24 pm

You better believe it. Andnit vaults is right to the center of the group that occupy’s that 4-8 range.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#720 » by codydaze » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:41 pm

The next 6 game stretch is going to be crucial if we want to take that 8th seed, especially if we're going for the 6.

@DEN, @GS, @OKC, @MIN, vs. MIL, vs. LAC

I can't see us going worse than 2-4, 3-3 is safe but 4-2 is deal. I think 44 wins is what should be shooting for to guarantee ourselves a spot. Can't wait to see what playoff basketball in Golden 1 would look like!

Return to Sacramento Kings