ImageImageImageImageImage

Joerger on hotseat? Per wiretap

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Joerger on hotseat? Per wiretap 

Post#1 » by blind prophet » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:35 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251673/Kings-Front-Office-Frustrated-By-How-Dave-Joerger-Has-Handled-Young-Players

The front office has grown frustrated by how the minutes and roles of the Kings' young prospects have been handled.

Thought we may make use of this thread here for awhile, maybe compile things in a single thread.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Re: Joerger on hotseat? Per wiretap 

Post#2 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:37 am

Come on. This is Malone all over again. Can we learn a lesson ever on this team?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
darbstar
Junior
And1: 51

Post#3 » by darbstar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:43 am

Although 8-7 is a good start, the point is kings ain’t going to be threatening this season so why not give more minutes to Bagley, Giles and whoever else to develop them as much as possible.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:49 am

I hoped it was beef with FO and Joerger so that FO could be let go, and Joerger kept.. but Vlade quelled the rumor

Now it looks like it’s from Bagley’s camp, and I was already against the pick without another LaVar situation
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#5 » by blind prophet » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:50 am

The only major complaint I have so far this season was a single game of having Bjelica get abused over and over by JJJ.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm would love to think Vivek learns from his mistakes.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Has anyone read Sam Amick's story on the Kings? I dont subscribe to the Athletic. Share a summary with the group!

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,434

Post#8 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:58 am

City of Trees wrote:Has anyone read Sam Amick's story on the Kings? I dont subscribe to the Athletic. Share a summary with the group!

Williams arrived a month after Scott Perry left his post as a Kings executive to become the New York Knicks’ general manager, and he came with the strong support of Ranadive and his most trusted and controversial confidante, Matina Kolokotronis. The Kings’ chief operating officer has held a variety of roles in her 22 years with the franchise, most notably her time as team attorney in 2000 when she helped Hedo Turkoglu break free of an overseas contract conflict so he could start his NBA career in Sacramento. Through those early highs working with then-president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie and the Maloofs to all these years of lows, no other high-ranking Kings official has had a longer part in this basketball play.

Her voice is heard on decisions big and small — never more so than the move to bring the popular Divac back to the organization as vice president of basketball and franchise operations before former general manager Pete D’Alessandro headed for the exits (more specifically, Denver) three months later. Divac’s arrival sparked D’Alessandro’s departure during a period of great discomfort, and he would later take over the front office.

By all accounts, Kolokotronis’ level of influence on both the business and basketball sides is at an all-time high. The same can’t be said for internal morale.

Divac and Williams work alongside fellow assistant general managers Ken Catanella (the former Detroit Pistons assistant general manager who is in his third season in Sacramento) and former King Peja Stojakovic (hired in Aug. 2015 and elevated to his current role in May, though he focuses on player development and scouting).

Cue Biggie…

“And if you don’t know, then now you know.”

All of these Kings people simply must find a way to come together and ensure that this kind of nonsense stops happening.

Yet the truth about the Kings experience is that shouting “Kangz” from the top of the Tower Bridge doesn’t do anyone any good. There are passionate fans here who want their optimism back, players who want to believe that it’s not the same old story in Sacramento.

That one-word punchline is nothing more than a byproduct of bad basketball and mismanagement that has crossed so many regimes. And if the Kangz want to earn their good name back, then getting out of the way when there are rare signs of progress would be a good start.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#9 » by SactoKingsFan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 am

This kind of garbage is embarrassing. What kind of coach do they think will take the job if Joerger is fired after exceeding expectations.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#10 » by Lost in LA » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:03 pm

just asa the organization was beginning to look professional
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#11 » by becorz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:55 pm

I always thought Scott Perry's influence on the Kings was overrated....but he definitely would not have leaked anything like that to the press.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#12 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:42 am

Fake news

Return to Sacramento Kings