Post#21 » by codydaze » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:13 am

We have got ourselves a bright future.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Game #53 Sacramento vs San Antonio 

Post#22 » by bondom34 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:16 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#23 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:20 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:Nothing makes me happier than Bags passing the ball successfully. Not a knock at all but I want him to really learn that good things happen when you make the right play and don't just force your shot.
I counted 3 assists in the 4th quarter

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#24 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:21 am

bondom34 wrote:Bagley....

https://streamable.com/qx2sd
Monster!

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#25 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:25 am

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:Nothing makes me happier than Bags passing the ball successfully. Not a knock at all but I want him to really learn that good things happen when you make the right play and don't just force your shot.
I counted 3 assists in the 4th quarter

Exactly. One of the reasons this was the best game I have watched him play. I'm cool with him wanting to be the alpha and showing off some because that is the team mentality. What I'm not cool with is him doing is getting the pass in the post or on the elbow and everyone else on the team disappears. I didn't see that tonite and I'm happy.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#26 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:52 am

What is really impressive to me is that with LMA starting to assert and take control of the paint, Marvin stepped up and wrestled it back.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#27 » by BoogieTime » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:46 am

Great stuff, all around.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#28 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:49 am

City of Trees wrote:I like Joerger's substitution here... Puts Giles and Bagley in with Fox, Buddy, and Shump.

I noticed that and was immediately excited. It will almost be a shame when Bagley starts because he's bringing such a lift off the bench almost every game. When he was out we were so one dimensional. Crazy to think we in some ways rely on a 19 year old. He's getting better every game!
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#29 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:50 am

That's the only criticism you can have of his game right now. He tends to be a bit of a ball-hog. Hopefully as the game slows down he will change that a bit. Then again, he's the kind of guy you will want to take close to 20 shots a game.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#30 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 10:06 am

That was a fun game to go too. Marvin's athleticism is just something that just sticks out like a sore thumb every time you watch him. He is just so damn bouncy and so quick.

Love your guys young core of

Fox
Hield
Bogdan
Bagley
Giles

The Giles/Bagley duo had such a huge impact on tonight's game.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#31 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:08 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:

That's the only criticism you can have of his game right now. He tends to be a bit of a ball-hog. Hopefully as the game slows down he will change that a bit. Then again, he's the kind of guy you will want to take close to 20 shots a game.

That's the only criticism that looks like it could really be lasting imo if he doesn't buy in every night like he did tonight.

His strength and ability to play bully ball and finish consistently with contact will improve as he gets older and hopefully stronger but isn't great yet.

He is still learning how to play with energy and focus. It's telling that this is game 53 and this is his breakout game. And I don't want to hear it's because he isn't starting. If he was doing this every game then it would be a no brainer to start him. I don't know if it's a behind the scenes type deal, where Coach has really started to challenge him in light of the all-star break coming up and the whispers of his unhappiness in not starting. Or it's just his natural development that has gotten to this point but I think coach made the right choice bringing him along with a plan.

He can also work on his jump shot from range.

But like I said, these are things that I think development will improve greatly and I'm really excited from what I saw last night. It looks like he will be a mix of Giannas and KD with a better post up game. In other words, just being himself!

Remember when we lost Cousins and it wasn't a given we'd ever have a franchise player of that caliber again. So crazy that we may be sitting here with 3 of them plus Bogi, Giles, WCS, Ferrell and JJ.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings