ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #57 Sacramento @ Denver

Moderators: codydaze, City of Trees, KF10

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,220
And1: 3,343
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#61 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:42 am

KF10 wrote:WC$


So i saw you do this before and I thought it was a typo. Well done! $100M
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,076
And1: 3,002
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#62 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:42 am

codydaze wrote:
KF10 wrote:Interior physicality and rebounding needs improvement.

I wonder how the Kings are going to find it in the off-season.


I think it will probably just end up being our achilles heel for the next 2-3 years as Bagley and Giles start to physically mature. They’re going against some grown man strength night in, night out and that will come in time.


Yeah.

I hope we see improvement from those guys sooner than later. If not, gotta look at FA this summer.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,076
And1: 3,002
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#63 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:43 am

City of Trees wrote:
KF10 wrote:WC$


So i saw you do this before and I thought it was a typo. Well done! $100M


Haha

It was deliberate. Dude is talented but he’s a contract player through and through.
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#64 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:49 am

codydaze wrote:
KF10 wrote:Interior physicality and rebounding needs improvement.

I wonder how the Kings are going to find it in the off-season.


I think it will probably just end up being our achilles heel for the next 2-3 years as Bagley and Giles start to physically mature. They’re going against some grown man strength night in, night out and that will come in time.


I thin games like this shows Vlade what we'll need. Once Kosta is gone I think it will become a priority. You don't wanna take minutes from the core guys but this show we need some beef.

The sad thing is, when I think back on it, Papa would have filled that role for us if he wasn't such a hot head. Back up center, bully to match up when we needed.
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#65 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:51 am

KF10 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
KF10 wrote:Interior physicality and rebounding needs improvement.

I wonder how the Kings are going to find it in the off-season.

We needed a center at the break. Gasoline/Jordan/Kanter. We could have solidly competed with that


Yeah, I wished they would have went hard for Jordan or Gasol too.

WC$ is too lanky and soft on the boards. Jokic dropped a triple double on him with ease. KK played Jokic well.


After the first 2 plays Kosta got bullied too though.
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,076
And1: 3,002
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#66 » by KF10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
KF10 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:We needed a center at the break. Gasoline/Jordan/Kanter. We could have solidly competed with that


Yeah, I wished they would have went hard for Jordan or Gasol too.

WC$ is too lanky and soft on the boards. Jokic dropped a triple double on him with ease. KK played Jokic well.


After the first 2 plays Kosta got bullied too though.


Sure. But he had more defensive plays (imo) than WCS apart from WCS' vital steal somewhere in the second half.

But yeah, we gotta improve somehow at this department.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,220
And1: 3,343
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#67 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 am

Kings were out rebounded 36-15 in the 2nd half? It showed.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
Posts: 778
And1: 152
Joined: Jun 23, 2011
 

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#68 » by enderwilson » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:46 am

So close.

Definitely a good development game. It's hard to come here, play a solid four quarters against the Nuggets and have a chance to pull out a win. I think Denver has had our number all season, but we really made them work for it.

Jokic is just too damn big and skilled. Watching Bagley and Giles bounce off of him all night trying to match up on him was frustrating. Only WCS and Koufos had the size or strength to defend him with much effect. It's just hard for us to compete with a team that fields a frontcourt of Milsap and Jokic.

Off shooting nights from Buddy and Bogdan. One two shots go down from either of them helps decide the game in our favor. We also let them beat us on a number of cheaty leak / full-court passes for easy buckets. The game was ultimately decided by a few issues that I have every confidence this team can address.

On the other end, our defense looked really good. We did a great job of containing them in the half-court through much of the game. While we lost in the rebounding stats, we won most of the other non-scoring stats.
bleeds_purple
Veteran
Posts: 2,802
And1: 1,442
Joined: May 22, 2014

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#69 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 am

Denver came out playing like crap and then woke up. Their composure and defense for the last two and a half quarters was impressive. Jokic is so good. Even when he's beating us I can't help but enjoy his game. Honestly, this was very close to being a blow out for Denver even though they came out like crap. They just missed a ton of layups and threes during moments they were getting ready to take control of the game.

On the other hand, we didn't keep our composure when their defensive intensity increased. Tiny little mistakes and rushing things cost us. There were a handful of plays where we missed a sure basket that quickly turned into a score for Denver within a few seconds. Those 4/5 point swings are back breaking.
jazanetti
Junior
Posts: 259
And1: 38
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
     

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#70 » by jazanetti » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 am

codydaze wrote:Barnes with 19/11/4 and 2 steals with 7 minutes left. His percentages don’t look great but he’s been taking good shots for the most part. Not forcing too much outside of the offense.

This is the same what I could say about JJ. No upgrade.
And I see on Porter... :banghead:
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,456
And1: 3,445
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#71 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Yeah, maybe Vlade should have opened his pocket a bit more... I guess time will tell, but I think giving up Bogdan Bogdanovic and seconds would have been reasonable.

Image
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,721
And1: 2,500
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#72 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:54 pm

jazanetti wrote:
codydaze wrote:Barnes with 19/11/4 and 2 steals with 7 minutes left. His percentages don’t look great but he’s been taking good shots for the most part. Not forcing too much outside of the offense.

This is the same what I could say about JJ. No upgrade.
And I see on Porter... :banghead:


I don't agree. Barnes is a big upgrade over JJ. Porter would have been my first choice too but not if the price was Bogdan.
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#73 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:09 pm

codydaze wrote:
jazanetti wrote:
codydaze wrote:Barnes with 19/11/4 and 2 steals with 7 minutes left. His percentages don’t look great but he’s been taking good shots for the most part. Not forcing too much outside of the offense.

This is the same what I could say about JJ. No upgrade.
And I see on Porter... :banghead:


I don't agree. Barnes is a big upgrade over JJ. Porter would have been my first choice too but not if the price was Bogdan.


Exactly.

Anyone saying that Barnes isn't a superior player than JJ just isn't watching the games.

Barnes is a better player, better shooter, better defender, more experience and more versatile.
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,220
And1: 3,343
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#74 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:11 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Yeah, maybe Vlade should have opened his pocket a bit more... I guess time will tell, but I think giving up Bogdan Bogdanovic and seconds would have been reasonable.

Image
I too wanted Porter ... But he will come back down to earth at some point. Those shooting %'s are crazy!
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#75 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:18 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Yeah, maybe Vlade should have opened his pocket a bit more... I guess time will tell, but I think giving up Bogdan Bogdanovic and seconds would have been reasonable.


I think it's important to note that Porter had this effect on the Bulls as the #1 option in that game vs a mismatch (6'6 Justin Holiday). He didn't fair nearly as well vs Ariza or Middleton.
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,456
And1: 3,445
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: Game 57: Sacramento Kings (30-26) @ Denver Nuggets (38-18) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#76 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:33 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Yeah, maybe Vlade should have opened his pocket a bit more... I guess time will tell, but I think giving up Bogdan Bogdanovic and seconds would have been reasonable.

I think it's important to note that Porter had this effect on the Bulls as the #1 option in that game vs a mismatch (6'6 Justin Holiday). He didn't fair nearly as well vs Ariza or Middleton.

Solid point...

Return to Sacramento Kings