2019 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#41 » by BoogieTime » Mon May 27, 2019 1:57 am

nolang1 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:I don't really watch college basketball - so I am generally no help here - but I did watch a lot of Euro ball. I like Luka Samanic.

First, he is really working on his body. Second, he is already an athletic freak. Third, I think he can be an effective rebounder at the next level. Fourth, his shot is solid and I think will get better over time.

But I am guessing Vlade is all over this... I think he would be a pretty nice steal in the second round.

He'll be picked long before that. He was the best player on the court during one of the combine scrimmages and shut it down after that, so he almost certainly got a promise in the first round. I was underwhelmed enough by the college prospects as a whole this season that at 45 and later I'd think the best chance for a diamond in the rough would be from drafting an international prospect.

interesting if he got a promise. Now that we’re on internationals, I wonder how Brazdeikis will translate, I like tough/skilled players like that, but don’t know if he will be able to play the 3 or 4.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#42 » by codydaze » Tue May 28, 2019 5:30 pm

dckingsfan wrote:I don't really watch college basketball - so I am generally no help here - but I did watch a lot of Euro ball. I like Luka Samanic.

First, he is really working on his body. Second, he is already an athletic freak. Third, I think he can be an effective rebounder at the next level. Fourth, his shot is solid and I think will get better over time.

But I am guessing Vlade is all over this... I think he would be a pretty nice steal in the second round.

In before folks start screaming we took the wrong Luka.

He's interesting though, I had also read up on him a little bit hopefully he's available when we're on the clock.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#43 » by dckingsfan » Tue May 28, 2019 7:17 pm

codydaze wrote:

In before folks start screaming we took the wrong Luka.

He's interesting though, I had also read up on him a little bit hopefully he's available when we're on the clock.

Or maybe we "bagged" the right Marvin and Luka in the end :)

It would be amazing if he was still there... we will see. Looks like he is going mid 30s. I would trade 40 + 60 to trade up if he got close. My 1/2 cent.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#44 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:26 pm

A guy that really intrigues me is Mfiondu Kabengele.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/mfiondu-kabengele
http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/mfiondu-kabengele.html
https://hoopshabit.com/2019/03/28/2019-nba-draft-mfiondu-kabengele-low-on-draft-boards-despite-skill-set/

I think he will go in the late 1st - early 2nd so we'd have to move up but I'd be willing ot do that for this kid. Seems special to me.

What do you guys think?
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#45 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 28, 2019 11:48 pm

How many of these 2nd round picks do you guys think we actually add this year?
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#46 » by nolang1 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:36 am

dckingsfan wrote:
nolang1 wrote:

He'll be picked long before that. He was the best player on the court during one of the combine scrimmages and shut it down after that, so he almost certainly got a promise in the first round. I was underwhelmed enough by the college prospects as a whole this season that at 45 and later I'd think the best chance for a diamond in the rough would be from drafting an international prospect.

I watch a lot of international ball - I was pretty underwhelmed with the depth there as well. But we both know there will be a few out there :)

A few interesting ones I think will be available during the Kings' picks are Arturs Zagars, Paul Eboua, and Dalibor Ilic. Zagars (who may not stay in the draft) is a very skilled PG who was MVP of the last FIBA U18 European championships while Eboua and Ilic are combo forwards who are on opposite ends of the spectrum: Eboua has some defensive potential with his athleticism and wingspan while Ilic is more in the mold of a Bjelica as an advanced stats-friendly efficient low-usage player.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#47 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 29, 2019 12:53 pm

nolang1 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
nolang1 wrote:He'll be picked long before that. He was the best player on the court during one of the combine scrimmages and shut it down after that, so he almost certainly got a promise in the first round. I was underwhelmed enough by the college prospects as a whole this season that at 45 and later I'd think the best chance for a diamond in the rough would be from drafting an international prospect.

I watch a lot of international ball - I was pretty underwhelmed with the depth there as well. But we both know there will be a few out there :)

A few interesting ones I think will be available during the Kings' picks are Arturs Zagars, Paul Eboua, and Dalibor Ilic. Zagars (who may not stay in the draft) is a very skilled PG who was MVP of the last FIBA U18 European championships while Eboua and Ilic are combo forwards who are on opposite ends of the spectrum: Eboua has some defensive potential with his athleticism and wingspan while Ilic is more in the mold of a Bjelica as an advanced stats-friendly efficient low-usage player.

Yeah, maybe a draft and stash and wait and see? Arturs Zagars would be fine for that. Of course the best thing for him is not to get drafted this year. He is skilled but he isn't NBA ready by any stretch - he would have to get soooo much stronger.

Same for Eboua - he just can't shoot well enough their and his D is suspect (and that isn't good given the L he played in) I was underwhelmed (kind of a noD/no3 kind of SF). I think he has some serious development before I wouldn't even use a second rounder on him. My 1/2 cent.

You bring up Dalibor Ilic - he is interesting. Not that big a PF but boy can he rebound and he is a pretty good rim protector - I can't believe he is more that 6'7 or 6'8". And I like his shot (but I only watched him play for BC Igokea and only a couple of games. I just don't know if his game would translate to the NBA.

Still, this year's Euro crop outside of Doumbouya and Bitadze (and for me Luka Samanic) isn't that deep. But Vlade will know those guys and probably has his eyes set on a couple. Nice to have 3 second round picks :D
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#48 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 29, 2019 12:56 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:How many of these 2nd round picks do you guys think we actually add this year?

That is a really good question, especially given we will probably have four open roster spots at a minimum. I'm not a college hoopster watcher - so I can't comment on the college players. But international - I would say that non would be ready this year. I guess Samanic. But the rest really need more experience overseas first.

You might ask that question on the Wizard's board. Those guys always seem to nail the second round picks.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#49 » by codydaze » Fri May 31, 2019 5:16 pm

I've been looking into some second round guys and two names that caught my attention were Chuma Okeke and Admiral Schofield.

Okeke is recovering from an ACL tear but I wouldn't mind going the Harry Giles route with him and just letting him rehab, maybe spend some time in Stockton. He can shoot the outside ball though, good athlete in transition, solid defender and versatile at the forward spots.

Schofield is a four year guy out of Tennessee and another solid all around type guy at the forward spots. Big, strong athlete can shoot the outside ball, really solid rebounder and good defender. First team All SEC and from what I read he's got a fire to him that could fit nicely with our young group of guys.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#50 » by codydaze » Fri May 31, 2019 5:19 pm

I see Brandon Clarke falling to the late 1st in some mocks as well. I would do what it takes to trade up to 20-24 to grab him if he's there.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#51 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:43 am

The workouts so far haven’t brought in a lot of names. I’m encouraged that one of the names they’ve brought in is one of my favorite few prospects in Roby though, hopefully that increases those odds (in my eyes). We have a few weeks left though
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#52 » by Sacramento_King » Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:28 am

BoogieTime wrote:The workouts so far haven’t brought in a lot of names. I’m encouraged that one of the names they’ve brought in is one of my favorite few prospects in Roby though, hopefully that increases those odds (in my eyes). We have a few weeks left though

Jordan Bone is a huge sleeper in my eyes. Read his scouting report. Super fast. Good shot. Uber Athletic. I keep looking like what am I missing. Size? We have Yogi and Mason and he’s 6’3. Guy just looks like he’d be a great fit and work with current team well.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#53 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:46 am

BoogieTime wrote:The workouts so far haven’t brought in a lot of names. I’m encouraged that one of the names they’ve brought in is one of my favorite few prospects in Roby though, hopefully that increases those odds (in my eyes). We have a few weeks left though

I’m with you. I’m hopeful, but I’m also worried because Vlade has really only drafted players who’ve worked out for the team. I’m not inspired by Shamorie Ponds and Tacko Fall. I do like Roby and Dedric Lawson though. Jalen Pickett is super interesting.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#54 » by codydaze » Thu Jun 6, 2019 4:11 pm

I think not having a first round pick has a lot to do with it, especially if we don't plan on using all three second round picks. Probably looking more for guys that might be able to fill out the summer league roster and some potential guys for Stockton.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#55 » by City of Trees » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:35 am

Sagaba Konate is one of my favorite 2nd round players. I'd be so happy if we draft him. I don't care which pick we use.... Just get him!

6'7. 5 big body with length (7'0 wingspan) that can guard multiple positions and protect the rim better than 95% of the players in this draft. He is what you want in a big these days.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#56 » by City of Trees » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:40 am

Other prospects I like

Matisse Thybulle
Daniel Gafford
Jontay Porter
Zylan Cheatham
Isaiah Roby
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#57 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:16 am

City of Trees wrote:Other prospects I like

Matisse Thybulle
Daniel Gafford
Jontay Porter
Zylan Cheatham
Isaiah Roby

I think Thybulle ends up on 1st team all rookie if he gets in the right situation. I love his potential fit with a lot of teams.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#58 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 pm

City of Trees wrote:Sagaba Konate is one of my favorite 2nd round players. I'd be so happy if we draft him. I don't care which pick we use.... Just get him!

6'7. 5 big body with length (7'0 wingspan) that can guard multiple positions and protect the rim better than 95% of the players in this draft. He is what you want in a big these days.

I like him. I would want to make sure his medicals are clear but he seems like a good fit for us. Like a guy that could become a Montrezl Harrell type for us. Can't have too many of them haha. Has to be telling though that we have worked out 96 guys in the 2nd rd range and haven't had him in yet. But who knows.

I saw one pundit put it out there that Vlade is thinking about moving up to the 20s...

You hear anything like that?
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#59 » by JohnWillow » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Draft is happening this thursday?

If I'm correct we have like 3 second round picks?

Haven't really paid attention to this years likely 2nd round prospects...

There is not a lot of draft and stash guys worth to take a flier, maybe with that Lithuanian kid.

I personally will be dissapointed if we draft another undersized PG... Give me some big wing player Who can defend, Best case scenario moving up to Late first round using our two seconds to get that wing, I liked that Auburn kid Okeke Who tore his ACL in the tourney he is projected Late 1st round early 2nd round pick.

Is there anyone else around that range with my criteria?
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,699

Post#60 » by JohnWillow » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 pm

To be honest looking at our next three years draft situation we have combined 2 first round (our own) and freaking 8 second round pick.

Now I want them to move up to take Okeke.

Edit: I would hope to not use next years second round picks because in next years draft high school players will be available right? Then there will be a lot of interesing names.
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.

Return to Sacramento Kings