Re: 2019 College Basketball / NBA Draft Thread 

Post#21 » by Kingsfanaus » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:05 am

We need to let WCS walk.

Hopefully these guys are available

Draft
40: Charles Bassey, Jalen McDaniels
43: Darius Bazley
60: Carson Edwards

Bassey looks like he could be a beast. Jalen looks to be able to get up and down the floor well with the kings offence.

Darius Bazley May go up but if you watch his footage he’s a gun and could be a great fit at the 3!

Carson can flat out shoot and has plenty of pace to keep the foot down when Fox is off. Would be an upgrade on frank mason and potentially yogi aswell
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#22 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:14 am

blind prophet wrote:This should be interesting trying to scrounge with all our seconds.

There are 3 things I'd like to try and get, maybe they work out, maybe not, but try.

1. An average shooter or better pg, really more important to be a facilitator, trueish pg. Maybe we get lucky and have a backup pg after some development on the cheap. This will probably be a senior.

2. Big body bruiser. Swanigan may or may not workout, so double our chances on the cheap.

3. Draft the most athletic full sized SF who looks like he can play some D

I won't be looking into things for a bit.

Also I'm open to trading Bogi for a prospect as well.

You had me until the trading Bogi part.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#23 » by Sacramento_King » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:50 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
blind prophet wrote:This should be interesting trying to scrounge with all our seconds.

There are 3 things I'd like to try and get, maybe they work out, maybe not, but try.

1. An average shooter or better pg, really more important to be a facilitator, trueish pg. Maybe we get lucky and have a backup pg after some development on the cheap. This will probably be a senior.

2. Big body bruiser. Swanigan may or may not workout, so double our chances on the cheap.

You had me until the trading Bogi part.

Yeah. I'm letting Bogi prove that he was just worn out and still recovering from surgery and just had a wasted season. With rest, healing and training, I'm thinking much better season coming up.

I'm really hoping we get Matisse Thybulle. He would fit the 3 and d with more emphasis on the defense and the three as a work in progress. Maybe, we can grab an injured player who slips like a Jontay Porter or Chuma Okeke.

I also think an energy big like Jaylen Hoard would fit well.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Post#24 » by dckingsfan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:46 pm

I am open to trading Bogi for a starting C. But that is just me.

Looks like we will have:
PG: Fox, Ferrell
SG: Hield, Bogi
SF: Barnes
FC: Bagley, Giles, Bjelica, Swanigan

Guessing they let Mason go...

So, yes a PG, SG and SF with the three second round picks, there don't seem to be any bruisers of note in the second round of this draft class. Of course you go with BPA.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#25 » by jazanetti » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Bogi is good as 6th man, but if we'll have a chance to get solid starter, I'm ok about trading him.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#26 » by BoogieTime » Tue May 14, 2019 2:01 am

Hopefully we don’t jump up tomorrow, but really hope if we do it’s not 1/2
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#27 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue May 14, 2019 2:21 am

BoogieTime wrote:Hopefully we don’t jump up tomorrow, but really hope if we do it’s not 1/2

If the Kings jump up from that far down to top 3 then the Kings luck would be rolling after all those years of torment.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Hopefully we don’t jump up tomorrow, but really hope if we do it’s not 1/2

If the Kings jump up from that far down to top 3 then the Kings luck would be rolling after all those years of torment.

We aren’t keeping the pick :)
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#29 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue May 14, 2019 8:29 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

We aren’t keeping the pick :)

I know, but the Sixers and C's are relying on the Kings luck this go around. I think they used all the magic dust draft wise after moving up last year.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#30 » by BoogieTime » Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 am

I didn’t think Vlade’s trade a few years back would bother me as much tonight, but man, I wish we had a Zion ticket
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#31 » by BoogieTime » Wed May 15, 2019 12:58 am

Glad we didn’t jump, but not good for the leagues ratings for Zion/Morant going to NO/Mem, and not good for us for those players to be in the West
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#32 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed May 15, 2019 12:58 am

In the end Vlades supposed worst trade of all time lands with a small thud. Even if Boston lands some crazy superstar shocker it can't really be placed on Vlades shoulders so meh. Sad to see the Bulls get hosed again. All those years of Jordan. Balance finds a way.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#33 » by codydaze » Wed May 15, 2019 2:10 am

So in total, that trade with Philly netted them Jonathon Simmons, a top 20 protected first in 2020 and a second round pick (the return for Fultz trade). We ended up with Fox but lost out on the chance to grab Tatum. I’m not mad.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#34 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Our first pre-draft workouts have been announced. The guy that really interest me out of these 5 is Reggie Perry. He is a spring loaded big, that runs the floor, plays defense, can rebound and stretch the floor decently.

https://www.nba.com/kings/news/sacramento-kings-anounce-first-pre-draft-workout?

Anthony Cowan (G – 6’0” 170 lbs.) Maryland

Jon Axel Gudmundsson (G – 6’4” 190 lbs.) Davidson

Xavier Sneed (F – 6’5” 210 lbs.) Kansas State

Yoeli Childs (F – 6’8” 225 lbs.) BYU

Reggie Perry (C – 6’8” 239 lbs.) Mississippi State

Kevin Samuel (C – 6’11” 250 lbs.) TCU
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#35 » by BoogieTime » Sat May 25, 2019 4:58 am

Isaiah ROby the only guy that personally peaks my interest it looks like in the first workouts in terms of consideration for the first two picks. Talented kid worth a good look by our staff.

Let’s see who else comes by, let’s see some more of the prominent names
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#36 » by KF10 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:58 pm

I kinda want to see if we can get Tacko in. Not sure how successful he’s gonna be in the NBA level but dude is a living defensive wall if he has some sort of success with the translation of his game in the pros.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#37 » by BoogieTime » Sun May 26, 2019 6:15 am

Also, I shudder at the thought, but wasn’t it the 2019 New Orleans pick, that Vlade may have bumbled in negotiations, that was rescinded in the Boogie trade once Boogie learned of the trade and threatened not to re-sign with who was trading for him (instead of trading for him without the notification)? It was rumored that 2019 pick was a part of the trade as well originally? Vlade claimed that was the better deal a couple days back if I recall, one more first from the Pelicans. I’ll try to assume that it would’ve been protected to some degree if it was in play
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#38 » by dckingsfan » Sun May 26, 2019 1:04 pm

I don't really watch college basketball - so I am generally no help here - but I did watch a lot of Euro ball. I like Luka Samanic.

First, he is really working on his body. Second, he is already an athletic freak. Third, I think he can be an effective rebounder at the next level. Fourth, his shot is solid and I think will get better over time.

But I am guessing Vlade is all over this... I think he would be a pretty nice steal in the second round.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#39 » by nolang1 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:52 pm

dckingsfan wrote:I don't really watch college basketball - so I am generally no help here - but I did watch a lot of Euro ball. I like Luka Samanic.

First, he is really working on his body. Second, he is already an athletic freak. Third, I think he can be an effective rebounder at the next level. Fourth, his shot is solid and I think will get better over time.

But I am guessing Vlade is all over this... I think he would be a pretty nice steal in the second round.

He'll be picked long before that. He was the best player on the court during one of the combine scrimmages and shut it down after that, so he almost certainly got a promise in the first round. I was underwhelmed enough by the college prospects as a whole this season that at 45 and later I'd think the best chance for a diamond in the rough would be from drafting an international prospect.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#40 » by dckingsfan » Mon May 27, 2019 1:07 am

nolang1 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:I don't really watch college basketball - so I am generally no help here - but I did watch a lot of Euro ball. I like Luka Samanic.

He'll be picked long before that. He was the best player on the court during one of the combine scrimmages and shut it down after that, so he almost certainly got a promise in the first round. I was underwhelmed enough by the college prospects as a whole this season that at 45 and later I'd think the best chance for a diamond in the rough would be from drafting an international prospect.

I watch a lot of international ball - I was pretty underwhelmed with the depth there as well. But we both know there will be a few out there :)

Return to Sacramento Kings