Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#281 » by sacking123 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:55 am

blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Does anyone actually listen to Carmichael Dave in the morning?

Apparently Sam Amick was on his show this morning and said Kings-Rockets have held talks.

I've said I'm not a huge Capela fan, but if we can get Tucker & Gordon and for cheap. Still retain enough to resign Barnes, its a no brainer to me.

Capela/Giles
Bagley/Tucker
Barnes
Buddy/Bogi
Fox/Gordon

Flip Bjelica for any wing you can. That is absolutely a playoff team in the west. One of the best benches in the entire league. Bogi/Gordon would light other teams benches up.

Dave responded to me a bit about Capela at another site, and yeah I heard it.

Just next seasons contracts.

Capela + Gordon is about 30.5 million + 8.35 for Tucker

38.85 million ish
-6.825 Bjelica

32 million off the cap.

We have about 59 million potentially

Leaves us 17 million. Can you keep Barnes with that? I dunno.

Dumping Ferrell allows us to keep Barnes.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
NevadaBlake
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#282 » by NevadaBlake » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Does anyone actually listen to Carmichael Dave in the morning?

Apparently Sam Amick was on his show this morning and said Kings-Rockets have held talks.

I've said I'm not a huge Capela fan, but if we can get Tucker & Gordon and for cheap. Still retain enough to resign Barnes, its a no brainer to me.

Capela/Giles
Bagley/Tucker
Barnes
Buddy/Bogi
Fox/Gordon

Flip Bjelica for any wing you can. That is absolutely a playoff team in the west. One of the best benches in the entire league. Bogi/Gordon would light other teams benches up.

Its a no brainier as long as they dont have to give up massive of collateral.
NevadaBlake
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#283 » by NevadaBlake » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:01 am

blind prophet wrote:

Capela/Giles
Bagley/Tucker
Barnes
Buddy/Bogi
Fox/Gordon

Dave responded to me a bit about Capela at another site, and yeah I heard it.

Just next seasons contracts.

Capela + Gordon is about 30.5 million + 8.35 for Tucker

38.85 million ish
-6.825 Bjelica

32 million off the cap.

We have about 59 million potentially

Leaves us 27 million. Can you keep Barnes with that? I dunno.

I think we have to do what we can do to keep Barnes, but dont think he is worth more than 20 million a year and highly doubt he will get more than that. If he does I feel you have to let him go.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#284 » by blind prophet » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:04 am

My math was off fellas, we have plenty of loot to keep Barnes, I was off by ten million in my estimate.

Sorry for the confusion.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#285 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:12 am

Capela/Giles
Bagley/Tucker
Barnes
Buddy/Bogi
Fox/Gordon

Good to hear that we’ve held talks
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#286 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:15 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:Would you guys rather have Capella or Dedmon at 12/year? I kind of feel like Dedmon would flat out be better for us.

If we do the deal with the Rockets we should look to move Capella for Smart like I suggested.
I'm more interested in Eric Gordon/PJ than I am capela. Wouldnt mind swinging a trade for smart then figuring everything else out.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#287 » by becorz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That's....steep
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#288 » by Silver Man » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:44 pm

becorz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That's....steep

Was afraid when Barnes opted out we were gonna do something stupid with him and here it is.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#289 » by OhioKingsFan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:49 pm

The Magic are only going to offer Vuc $22.5M per year ($90M over 4 yrs)?

I'd offer a 3 yr/$80M deal or a 4 yr/$100M deal. The Kings would have needs on defense, but the offense would be amazing, both in transition and the half-court.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#290 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:28 pm

OhioKingsFan wrote:The Magic are only going to offer Vuc $22.5M per year ($90M over 4 yrs)?

I'd offer a 3 yr/$80M deal or a 4 yr/$100M deal. The Kings would have needs on defense, but the offense would be amazing, both in transition and the half-court.

Before this time period I was happy with the Horford notion, but that’s before other centers became more readily available. Kings need to be on that than over Horford IMO, if that’s all Vuc is offered. I wonder if a “mans agreement” with Horford has already been made...
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,005

Post#291 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:31 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OhioKingsFan wrote:The Magic are only going to offer Vuc $22.5M per year ($90M over 4 yrs)?

Before this time period I was happy with the Horford notion, but that’s before other centers became more readily available. Kings need to be on that than over Horford IMO, if that’s all Vuc is offered. I wonder if a “mans agreement” with Horford has already been made...

I would rather have Vuc at $22.5M than Barnes.

My 1/2 cent.
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#292 » by sacking123 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:45 pm

So is it max 40m cap space left that we could have if we renounce WCS and waive the 2 PGs?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#293 » by KF10 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:04 am

simonbampfield wrote:So is it max 40m cap space left that we could have if we renounce WCS and waive the 2 PGs?

Something like that.

Last time I checked, if Barnes’ contract start at $19m-$20m in year 1, the Kings will have ~$42m-$43m in cap space.
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#294 » by sacking123 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:24 am

KF10 wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:So is it max 40m cap space left that we could have if we renounce WCS and waive the 2 PGs?

Something like that.

Last time I checked, if Barnes’ contract start at $19m-$20m in year 1, the Kings will have ~$42m-$43m in cap space.

I was working on 19,750,000 starting money for HB and if we try for max space we have 43m.
I’m trying to work out Vlade’s play here.
Houston could be making the FO shift gears a little though.
If the Rockets do have a Cappela deal lined up (and it’s not us) I would love to see us grab Gordon/Tucker.
We could realistically sign any of the 5s on the market on top of that move (probably not Horford, but I still don’t see him getting 4 years without sacrificing salary).
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#295 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:06 am

In other words Beverley's people say he doesn't want to be a back up. Can't count this one against Vlade.

Read on Twitter
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#296 » by sacking123 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:23 am

Well the FO has extended the QO to WCS. So much for the max cap space. I know Vlade has a hard on for WCS, but certainly a S&T incoming.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#297 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:34 am

simonbampfield wrote:Well the FO has extended the QO to WCS. So much for the max cap space. I know Vlade has a hard on for WCS, but certainly a S&T incoming.
Kings can still maneuver max cap space by delaying the Barnes signing. The door is still open if Barnes is OK waiting
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#298 » by kalenclayton » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:46 am

City of Trees wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:Well the FO has extended the QO to WCS. So much for the max cap space. I know Vlade has a hard on for WCS, but certainly a S&T incoming.
Kings can still maneuver max cap space by delaying the Barnes signing. The door is still open if Barnes is OK waiting

All they have to do is pull Willie’s QO if they want max cap space. I’m not sure where you are getting the max space from delaying Barnes’ contract though. His cap hold is more than his salary.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#299 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:48 am

kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

All they have to do is pull Willie’s QO if they want max cap space. I’m not sure where you are getting the max space from delaying Barnes’ contract though. His cap hold is more than his salary.
You're right good point.
Call Me Geoff
Junior
And1: 68

Post#300 » by Call Me Geoff » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:19 pm

This isn’t true at all. The Kings can always rescind the offer and release Willies cap hold. They couldn’t and shouldn’t let him walk for nothing. If they sign a big like Al or Vuc then they’ll let go of Willie, if they don’t then you get what you can for Willie. He’s still an asset with value around the league.

Return to Sacramento Kings