ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,268
And1: 3,387
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#381 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Watching the Jump is basically watching Rachel Nichols read my Twitter time line for me.
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#382 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Also...

Code: Select all

Stretch
Matt Barnes            $2,133,541
Cap Holds   
Alec Burks            $17,304,773
Kosta Koufos          $16,605,050
Willie Cauley-Stein   $14,090,625
Corey Brewer           $2,400,000
                      $52,533,989
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 8,518
And1: 4,877
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#383 » by RipPizzaGuy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:24 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
ICMTM wrote:Anyone know our cap number now?


Ya I'm curious as well. Just spit balling but

Barnes 22?
Dedmon - 13?
Ariza - 12?

Should give us 13 million or so? Please pat Beverley!


I'm coming up with 17mil in space left including all the non guarnteed guys, Barnes dead money, Dedmon, Ariza, and Barnes.


Great news.

I'm guessing we bring in a better PG (cojo?) retain yogi as the 3rd stringer, then bring koufos back. Probably call that an offseason? Keep some space and a roster spot open like we did last year, wouldnt be a terrible idea.

Dedmon/Giles/Koufos
Bagley/bjelica
Barnes/Ariza/James
Buddy/Bogdan/Guy
Fox/cojo/yogi
User avatar
blind prophet
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 2,230
Joined: Dec 08, 2011
 

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#384 » by blind prophet » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:26 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:Dave Joeger about to be on "The Jump" on ESPN


That show had a lot of noise, sound effects lol. Kinda crazy show they have there. He looked pretty good, wonder if he will do that sort of thing now.
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#385 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:27 pm

Who is Cojo?
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#386 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Who is Cojo?


Cory joesph
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#387 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Edit - update with Barnes, Dedmon and Ariza...

Code: Select all

Player       2019-20         2020-21         2021-22
Barnes      $21,250,000     $21,250,000     $21,250,000
Dedmon      $13,333,333     $13,333,333     $13,333,333
Ariza       $12,500,000     $12,500,000
Bagley       $8,556,120     $8,963,640      $11,312,114
Bogdanovic   $8,529,386       
Bjelica      $6,825,000     $7,150,000    
Fox          $6,392,760     $8,099,627    
Hield        $4,861,208       
Ferrell      $3,150,000       
Giles        $2,578,800     $3,976,510    
Swanigan     $2,033,160     $3,665,787    
Mason        $1,618,520       
             $91,628,287     $78,938,897     $45,895,447


Code: Select all

Stretch
Matt Barnes            $2,133,541
Cap Holds   
Alec Burks            $17,304,773
Kosta Koufos          $16,605,050
Willie Cauley-Stein   $14,090,625
Corey Brewer           $2,400,000
                      $52,533,989
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#388 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:32 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Also...

Code: Select all

Stretch
Matt Barnes            $2,133,541
Cap Holds   
Alec Burks            $17,304,773
Kosta Koufos          $16,605,050
Willie Cauley-Stein   $14,090,625
Corey Brewer           $2,400,000
                      $52,533,989


Yeah, I expect all those cap holds to be released. Brewer is the only one that may be in the cards for us at that price and I think his mins get taken by Ariza. He can get 2mil from tons of teams for what he will bring them.
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#389 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Edit - update with Barnes, Dedmon and Ariza...

Code: Select all

Player       2019-20         2020-21         2021-22
Barnes      $21,250,000     $21,250,000     $21,250,000
Dedmon      $13,333,333     $13,333,333     $13,333,333
Ariza       $12,500,000     $12,500,000
Bagley       $8,556,120     $8,963,640      $11,312,114
Bogdanovic   $8,529,386       
Bjelica      $6,825,000     $7,150,000    
Fox          $6,392,760     $8,099,627    
Hield        $4,861,208       
Ferrell      $3,150,000       
Giles        $2,578,800     $3,976,510    
Swanigan     $2,033,160     $3,665,787    
Mason        $1,618,520       
             $91,628,287     $78,938,897     $45,895,447


Code: Select all

Stretch
Matt Barnes            $2,133,541
Cap Holds   
Alec Burks            $17,304,773
Kosta Koufos          $16,605,050
Willie Cauley-Stein   $14,090,625
Corey Brewer           $2,400,000
                      $52,533,989


So 91.6 + 2.1 = 93.7

109 - 93.7 = 15.3
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#390 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:39 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm guessing we bring in a better PG (cojo?) retain yogi as the 3rd stringer, then bring koufos back. Probably call that an offseason? Keep some space and a roster spot open like we did last year, wouldnt be a terrible idea.

Possible that they don't bring in Joseph or bring Koufos back... I think that would be prudent at this point since Sac could still make a significant trade because of their available cap space. But if they did bring in Joseph and bring back Koufos - I would be fine with that... just mulling over your post.
simonbampfield
Analyst
Posts: 3,639
And1: 847
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#391 » by simonbampfield » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:41 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Edit - update with Barnes, Dedmon and Ariza...

Code: Select all

Player       2019-20         2020-21         2021-22
Barnes      $21,250,000     $21,250,000     $21,250,000
Dedmon      $13,333,333     $13,333,333     $13,333,333
Ariza       $12,500,000     $12,500,000
Bagley       $8,556,120     $8,963,640      $11,312,114
Bogdanovic   $8,529,386       
Bjelica      $6,825,000     $7,150,000    
Fox          $6,392,760     $8,099,627    
Hield        $4,861,208       
Ferrell      $3,150,000       
Giles        $2,578,800     $3,976,510    
Swanigan     $2,033,160     $3,665,787    
Mason        $1,618,520       
             $91,628,287     $78,938,897     $45,895,447


Code: Select all

Stretch
Matt Barnes            $2,133,541
Cap Holds   
Alec Burks            $17,304,773
Kosta Koufos          $16,605,050
Willie Cauley-Stein   $14,090,625
Corey Brewer           $2,400,000
                      $52,533,989


So 91.6 + 2.1 = 93.7

109 - 93.7 = 15.3

Wasn't Barnes' deal declining? If so it would start around $22,750.000 or there about's.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#392 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:45 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
So 91.6 + 2.1 = 93.7

109 - 93.7 = 15.3

Wasn't Barnes' deal declining? If so it would start around $22,750.000 or there about's.


We haven't seen those #'s for sure. I strictly went off what we know.
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#393 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:49 pm

simonbampfield wrote:So 91.6 + 2.1 = 93.7

109 - 93.7 = 15.3

Wasn't Barnes' deal declining? If so it would start around $22,750.000 or there about's.[/quote]
Definitely possible - haven't seen the structure of Dedmon's contract either...
User avatar
benchmobbin02
Veteran
Posts: 2,962
And1: 362
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#394 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Read on Twitter
"We are going to be in a better position in two years. I wanna hear from these same people in two years." - VLADFATHER FEB. 25TH 2017
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 8,518
And1: 4,877
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#395 » by RipPizzaGuy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm guessing we bring in a better PG (cojo?) retain yogi as the 3rd stringer, then bring koufos back. Probably call that an offseason? Keep some space and a roster spot open like we did last year, wouldnt be a terrible idea.

Possible that they don't bring in Joseph or bring Koufos back... I think that would be prudent at this point since Sac could still make a significant trade because of their available cap space. But if they did bring in Joseph and bring back Koufos - I would be fine with that... just mulling over your post.
What kinda trade would you be looking at? I think were kinda set 2-5 unless we plan to move bogdan or bjelica? I guess we could be targeting a pg via trade, but who?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#396 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:So 91.6 + 2.1 = 93.7

109 - 93.7 = 15.3

I believe they could wait and sign Barnes after other FA to increase that ~$15M number. But I think they are budgeting next year for Hield and Bogdan too.
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 8,518
And1: 4,877
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#397 » by RipPizzaGuy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:52 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Read on Twitter
Where would he fit at this pt? I dont want to push Giles out the rotation? I'm fine with trading bjelica but I dont see this with dedmon coming

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#398 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm guessing we bring in a better PG (cojo?) retain yogi as the 3rd stringer, then bring koufos back. Probably call that an offseason? Keep some space and a roster spot open like we did last year, wouldnt be a terrible idea.

Possible that they don't bring in Joseph or bring Koufos back... I think that would be prudent at this point since Sac could still make a significant trade because of their available cap space. But if they did bring in Joseph and bring back Koufos - I would be fine with that... just mulling over your post.
What kinda trade would you be looking at? I think were kinda set 2-5 unless we plan to move bogdan or bjelica? I guess we could be targeting a pg via trade, but who?

I am fully in speculation mode - but I could see something with a team like Miami or OKC that needs to get under the cap. Adding picks would be a good thing. But agree that we are set - and really 1-5, IMO.
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 15,761
And1: 3,602
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#399 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:55 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Where would he fit at this pt? I dont want to push Giles out the rotation? I'm fine with trading bjelica but I dont see this with dedmon coming

This!

Dedmon/Bagley as our starters
Bjelica/Giles off the bench
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 8,518
And1: 4,877
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#400 » by RipPizzaGuy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:56 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Where would he fit at this pt? I dont want to push Giles out the rotation? I'm fine with trading bjelica but I dont see this with dedmon coming

This!

Dedmon/Bagley as our starters
Bjelica/Giles off the bench
Love this front court btw. And also dont forget with Ariza coming, I'm guessing he and barnes play some minutes together at 3/4

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Sacramento Kings