Post#621 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:01 am

City of Trees wrote:Another idea

Bogi
2020 1st top 5 protected
Giles
Ariza (included for salary)

for

Jrue Holiday

Kings get one of the most underrated two way players to pair with Fox in the back court

That wouldn’t be the direction IMO. They’d want to accumulate young assets. Not get a vet to make them treadmill for this and next year. But he is underrated (instead of a good pick this/next year)
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#622 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:11 am

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Another idea

Bogi
2020 1st top 5 protected
Giles
Ariza (included for salary)

for

Jrue Holiday

Kings get one of the most underrated two way players to pair with Fox in the back court

That wouldn’t be the direction IMO. They’d want to accumulate young assets. Not get a vet to make them treadmill for this and next year. But he is underrated (instead of a good pick this/next year)

I'd still do it because at this point i have zero faith in the Kings making smart decisions in the draft. Plus the Kings wouldn't be a treadmill team with Fox and Bagley still developing. It's okay because N.O. is probably not attracted to this deal.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#623 » by City of Trees » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:20 am

Who should we target?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#624 » by kalenclayton » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:35 am

City of Trees wrote:Who should we target?

If our true goal is to make the playoffs without sacrificing too much flexibility (Vlade’s goal), then I’m targeting East teams that are losing. Tristan Thompson could be a really nice pickup, but I’m not sure we have the right assets. To be honest, I don’t think the Kings should make a move with this goal in mind. We don’t have the right players to trade to get an impact player in return, all while keeping the “superteam, just young” together.

If we decide to do a soft-reset, getting the Bulls to pay us for taking Felicio would be my pick.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#625 » by blind prophet » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:24 pm

Just have to make a decision to pay Bogi a lot, or move him for something now. Same with Bjelica as a team option next season.

A young rookie deal wing, or draft assets.

Nothing comes to mind specifically. But if we keep them both and they are gone next season I'm going to be pissed.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#626 » by City of Trees » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:52 am

I'd prefer to keep Bogi over Buddy but Buddy's extension coupled with his current play will make him difficult to move next season. Vlade has made some poor decisions in all aspects of building this roster. I think its time for him to go.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#627 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 am

City of Trees wrote:I'd prefer to keep Bogi over Buddy but Buddy's extension coupled with his current play will make him difficult to move next season. Vlade has made some poor decisions in all aspects of building this roster. I think its time for him to go.

It was time for him to go the day he was hired. We were all just trying to be optimistic because we were stuck with him. Vlade is a legend, but I never ever wanted him as a GM and now we see why. He was in over his head. I tried so hard to believe in him, but he has failed.

Also, I believe Buddy is better than this. We’ve seen it before. I think what we are seeing is an adjustment period with growing pains. He’s being pushed outside of his comfort zone and he isn’t being coddled like before. I think he could come out of this a much better player than before, but I do realize that he could just as well sink.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#628 » by City of Trees » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 am

kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I'd prefer to keep Bogi over Buddy but Buddy's extension coupled with his current play will make him difficult to move next season. Vlade has made some poor decisions in all aspects of building this roster. I think its time for him to go.

It was time for him to go the day he was hired. We were all just trying to be optimistic because we were stuck with him. Vlade is a legend, but I never ever wanted him as a GM and now we see why. He was in over his head. I tried so hard to believe in him, but he has failed.

Also, I believe Buddy is better than this. We’ve seen it before. I think what we are seeing is an adjustment period with growing pains. He’s being pushed outside of his comfort zone and he isn’t being coddled like before. I think he could come out of this a much better player than before, but I do realize that he could just as well sink.

He was never fit to be General Manager of an NBA team, look no further than his resume at the time of hire.

Vivek really missed his chance to utilize Vlade's team chemistry strengths. Soon he will be OUT as GM and finished with the team. It's a shame really.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#629 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:30 am

blind prophet wrote:

Just have to make a decision to pay Bogi a lot, or move him for something now. Same with Bjelica as a team option next season.

Nothing comes to mind specifically. But if we keep them both and they are gone next season I'm going to be pissed.

Why does he need to moved now? He can always be moved in a sign and trade. I'd rather move Buddy in any event.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#630 » by blind prophet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:09 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Why does he need to moved now? He can always be moved in a sign and trade. I'd rather move Buddy in any event.

Typically sign & trades don't pay as much as full RFA rights. But I'm not sure how the rest of the league views Buddy's new contract given his recent play.
magicmouse
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#631 » by magicmouse » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 pm

How about a trade with the Magic:
Sac in: Fournier, Aminu and Birch
Sac out: Hield, Bjelica, Dedmond

Sacramento gets out of the financial mess and will be able to get Fournier and Birch on an expiring contract. (fournier player option). He can be signed for a longer and cheap contract. Fournier is known to like Sacramento and will love to play there. He is a great fit in Sacramento. Aminu is a good all around defensive mind bench who will keep up with some of current Bjelica production. He is a tradable assest in the future if it doesnt work out. Birch is a hustle guy. Pretty much a cheap Dedmon version.
The Magic will get a very needed SG and a back up center who is likeable in Orlando. Bjelica will fortify the bench.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#632 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 pm

magicmouse wrote:How about a trade with the Magic:
Sac in: Fournier, Aminu and Birch
Sac out: Hield, Bjelica, Dedmond

Sacramento gets out of the financial mess and will be able to get Fournier and Birch on an expiring contract. (fournier player option). He can be signed for a longer and cheap contract. Fournier is known to like Sacramento and will love to play there. He is a great fit in Sacramento. Aminu is a good all around defensive mind bench who will keep up with some of current Bjelica production. He is a tradable assest in the future if it doesnt work out. Birch is a hustle guy. Pretty much a cheap Dedmon version.
The Magic will get a very needed SG and a back up center who is likeable in Orlando. Bjelica will fortify the bench.

I don’t like it. Fournier and Bogdanovic have similar games that I’m not sure would help each other. Maybe they would though. Smart players tend to figure it out. Still, I think it would be asset mismanagement to sell Buddy right now at his lowest. He’s much better than what he’s shown this season. Walton is miscasting him as a ball handler (along with many other players). The Kings would be smart to stand pat at the deadline. At the most, they can look into moving Dedmon and a few vets if they don’t see a chance of the playoffs.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#633 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:30 am

kalenclayton wrote:

I obviously agree Vlade shouldn’t be here. I pick my chops for Hinkie, as I feel like he could be a fit with the state of the team. But.....

Unfortunately, even though everyone wants Vlade gone and Vivek has to feel that pressure, he was just given that 4 year extension. And he’s tied to the coaching staff. We have a relatively poor financial ownership group that might not like handing out contracts left and right. Plus, it may be egg on Vivek’s face to can him too soon. Unfortunately, no matter what Vlade does, I can see us putting up with him for another year and a half at least
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#634 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:23 am

And another negative thing about the state of our current management and this trade thread, I think they know their seats are getting warm

So they might not have the long term in mind. Which means if Bjelica would be better traded for a solid first, if it was available, they might hold onto him to win games to keep their seats non hot as possible (not saying Bjelica should be traded, but you get my point)
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#635 » by sacking123 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:36 am

BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

I obviously agree Vlade shouldn’t be here. I pick my chops for Hinkie, as I feel like he could be a fit with the state of the team. But.....

Unfortunately, even though everyone wants Vlade gone and Vivek has to feel that pressure, he was just given that 4 year extension. And he’s tied to the coaching staff. We have a relatively poor financial ownership group that might not like handing out contracts left and right. Plus, it may be egg on Vivek’s face to can him too soon. Unfortunately, no matter what Vlade does, I can see us putting up with him for another year and a half at least

See this is the thing. Vlade said the team would be in a better position within x amount of years otherwise he would step down.
If this continues it shouldn’t be Vivek that fires him, it should be him that steps down.
This is something that was said and he should be held accountable for that.
At this rate, the team has not improved since he took over, end of story, period.
I don’t care about potential, I don’t care about anything else except results. Who in the media is going to hold him accountable to this?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#636 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Per Amick on KHTK this morning:

Amick says Atlanta told him they offered a deal for Dedmon that included two 2nds. Vlade rejected and countered with asking for a 1st. No players names where mentioned but the conversation with Amick sounded like the Kings would get out of Dedmon's committed money... in other words it was an expiring plus two 2nds.

VladFather has been demoted to VladChild. Take the deal!

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#637 » by codydaze » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:36 pm

City of Trees wrote:Per Amick on KHTK this morning:

Amick says Atlanta told him they offered a deal for Dedmon that included two 2nds. Vlade rejected and countered with asking for a 1st. No players names where mentioned but the conversation with Amick sounded like the Kings would get out of Dedmon's committed money... in other words it was an expiring plus two 2nds.

You've got to be pretty delusional to think you're getting a 1st for Dedmon. Especially from the team that is literally the worst team in the league :banghead:
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#638 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 pm

You’ve got to be kidding! Hope Amick has it wrong, and it was Atlanta asking for the compensation, but then Vlade is so incompetent this could be true, shockingly
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#639 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 pm

BoogieTime wrote:

You’ve got to be kidding! Hope Amick has it wrong, and it was Atlanta asking for the compensation, but then Vlade is so incompetent this could be true, shockingly
Amick was crystal clear. Atlanta told him they offered two 2nds for Dedmon and the Kings said no they want a 1st for him.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#640 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:24 pm

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Amick was crystal clear. Atlanta told him they offered two 2nds for Dedmon and the Kings said no they want a 1st for him.

Texas Chuck over at the trade board brings up the notion that Amick might be beholden to the Kings somehow.

But if not, shocking stuff

Return to Sacramento Kings