ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#821 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:21 am

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of dismantling the roster. Fox is ready. Holmes is ready. You have solid role players in Bogi and Barnes. IMO a tweak can correct this ships course.

My proposal:

Buddy and the 12th pick for Jrue Holiday.


Holiday is a STUD. Defense, scoring, intangibles, reliable, leadership, and playmaking is what he brings which is a far cry from Buddy's skill set.

Fox
Holiday
Bogi (resigned)
Bagley
Holmes

Sixth man: Barnes combo forward


That lineup could eat. Honestly the idea of hiring Hinkie and his process could be a deal breaker for me. The pandemic has allowed me space from basketball and it honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be. Hearing The Process has come to town after a 14 year drought could mean I walk away from the Kings for a while. I need to see them compete.
BoogieTime
Analyst
Posts: 3,048
And1: 1,116
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#822 » by BoogieTime » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:37 am

City of Trees wrote:I'm not entirely sold on the idea of dismantling the roster. Fox is ready. Holmes is ready. You have solid role players in Bogi and Barnes. IMO a tweak can correct this ships course.

My proposal:

Buddy and the 12th pick for Jrue Holiday.


Holiday is a STUD. Defense, scoring, intangibles, reliable, leadership, and playmaking is what he brings which is a far cry from Buddy's skill set.

Fox
Holiday
Bogi (resigned)
Bagley
Holmes

Sixth man: Barnes combo forward


That lineup could eat. Honestly the idea of hiring Hinkie and his process could be a deal breaker for me. The pandemic has allowed me space from basketball and it honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be. Hearing The Process has come to town after a 14 year drought could mean I walk away from the Kings for a while. I need to see them compete.


While I am on the tear it down train, the problem is Walton is such a piss poor bottom 5 coach it obfuscates if the team is just quitting on him. It’s hard to know with certainty if this group can compete

I like Jrue but he’s on the wrong side of 30 and expiring.

Finding some way to overpay Van Vleet after dropping salary might make more timeline sense if the team went that route (although I’m not with the route).
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#823 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:41 am

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I'm not entirely sold on the idea of dismantling the roster. Fox is ready. Holmes is ready. You have solid role players in Bogi and Barnes. IMO a tweak can correct this ships course.

My proposal:

Buddy and the 12th pick for Jrue Holiday.


Holiday is a STUD. Defense, scoring, intangibles, reliable, leadership, and playmaking is what he brings which is a far cry from Buddy's skill set.

Fox
Holiday
Bogi (resigned)
Bagley
Holmes

Sixth man: Barnes combo forward


That lineup could eat. Honestly the idea of hiring Hinkie and his process could be a deal breaker for me. The pandemic has allowed me space from basketball and it honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be. Hearing The Process has come to town after a 14 year drought could mean I walk away from the Kings for a while. I need to see them compete.


While I am on the tear it down train, the problem is Walton is such a piss poor bottom 5 coach it obfuscates if the team is just quitting on him. It’s hard to know with certainty if this group can compete

I like Jrue but he’s on the wrong side of 30 and expiring.

Finding some way to overpay Van Vleet after dropping salary might make more timeline sense if the team went that route (although I’m not with the route).
Steph, Harden, Klay, Russ, and KD are all older than Jrue and i think its safe to say they have a few good years left in their tank. Jrue just turned 30 in june so I'm not worried. As for his contract he it runs through 2022. Perfect for the Kings.
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 9,787
And1: 5,795
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#824 » by RipPizzaGuy » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 am

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I'm not entirely sold on the idea of dismantling the roster. Fox is ready. Holmes is ready. You have solid role players in Bogi and Barnes. IMO a tweak can correct this ships course.

My proposal:

Buddy and the 12th pick for Jrue Holiday.


Holiday is a STUD. Defense, scoring, intangibles, reliable, leadership, and playmaking is what he brings which is a far cry from Buddy's skill set.

Fox
Holiday
Bogi (resigned)
Bagley
Holmes

Sixth man: Barnes combo forward


That lineup could eat. Honestly the idea of hiring Hinkie and his process could be a deal breaker for me. The pandemic has allowed me space from basketball and it honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be. Hearing The Process has come to town after a 14 year drought could mean I walk away from the Kings for a while. I need to see them compete.


While I am on the tear it down train, the problem is Walton is such a piss poor bottom 5 coach it obfuscates if the team is just quitting on him. It’s hard to know with certainty if this group can compete

I like Jrue but he’s on the wrong side of 30 and expiring.

Finding some way to overpay Van Vleet after dropping salary might make more timeline sense if the team went that route (although I’m not with the route).
Steph, Harden, Klay, Russ, and KD are all older than Jrue and i think its safe to say they have a few good years left in their tank. Jrue just turned 30 in june so I'm not worried. As for his contract he it runs through 2022. Perfect for the Kings.
I haven't even thought about Jrue. Honestly would be the perfect guy for Sac. I'd love to find a way not to include #12 but it seems necessary here. Hoping Buddy can find some value around the league, maybe teams realize how awfully he was used in sac this year and could imagine him in a real Klay role.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#825 » by City of Trees » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:41 am

Buddy and Belly

For

Gordon Hayward


Kings move on from Buddy, GH is a big expiring.

Celtics get shooters
jazanetti
Junior
Posts: 277
And1: 42
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#826 » by jazanetti » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:40 am

City of Trees wrote:I'm not entirely sold on the idea of dismantling the roster. Fox is ready. Holmes is ready. You have solid role players in Bogi and Barnes. IMO a tweak can correct this ships course.

My proposal:

Buddy and the 12th pick for Jrue Holiday.


Holiday is a STUD. Defense, scoring, intangibles, reliable, leadership, and playmaking is what he brings which is a far cry from Buddy's skill set.

Fox
Holiday
Bogi (resigned)
Bagley
Holmes

Sixth man: Barnes combo forward


That lineup could eat. Honestly the idea of hiring Hinkie and his process could be a deal breaker for me. The pandemic has allowed me space from basketball and it honestly was not as bad as I thought it would be. Hearing The Process has come to town after a 14 year drought could mean I walk away from the Kings for a while. I need to see them compete.

Fox, Bagley and Holms on court at the same time is a disaster. If we are building around Fox, we have to generate max spacing and play 4 solid shooters with him.
I'd trade Holmes right now, while his price is high. Bjelica can be traded due to same reason. And I don't like the idea to get rid of Buddy at the bottom of his price due to bad shape after COVID and moving to the bench.
I'd try to run and gun with Fox-Buddy-Bazemor/Nesmith-Barnes-Bagley next season. This team won't win, but will score a lot. Price of Buddy and Barnes will rise and we'll get the chance for a top 2021 pick.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,986
And1: 2,779
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#827 » by codydaze » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:07 am

They've had some injuries, but with Indiana getting swept for a second year if they look to shake up that roster I would definitely gauge interest in Myles Turner and see what kind of package we could put together for him.
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#828 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:09 pm

Sixers insider Keith Pompey was on ESPN 1320 today to chat with D Lo and KC.

Pompey says folks around the Sixers are very excited about Buddy's availability. To make Embiid + Simmons work they need shooters and Buddy is the best available in trade.

Woj mentioned Buddy/Barnes for Tobias Harris/Josh Richardson.

Sign me up right now let's goooo.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
kalenclayton
Analyst
Posts: 3,220
And1: 931
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#829 » by kalenclayton » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 am

City of Trees wrote:Sixers insider Keith Pompey was on ESPN 1320 today to chat with D Lo and KC.

Pompey says folks around the Sixers are very excited about Buddy's availability. To make Embiid + Simmons work they need shooters and Buddy is the best available in trade.

Woj mentioned Buddy/Barnes for Tobias Harris/Josh Richardson.

Sign me up right now let's goooo.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app

I really, really like that trade if the team is pushing to compete. The team will need to get some size on the wing though. This is the post-trade roster (without factoring FA):
Fox-Joseph-Yogi-Guy
Bogi-Bazemore-James-Jeffries
Richardson-Brewer
Harris-Bjelica
Holmes-Bagley-Giles-Len
jeffjtk1234
Starter
Posts: 2,068
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#830 » by jeffjtk1234 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:18 am

Yeah that trade is legit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 9,787
And1: 5,795
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#831 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm

City of Trees wrote:Sixers insider Keith Pompey was on ESPN 1320 today to chat with D Lo and KC.

Pompey says folks around the Sixers are very excited about Buddy's availability. To make Embiid + Simmons work they need shooters and Buddy is the best available in trade.

Woj mentioned Buddy/Barnes for Tobias Harris/Josh Richardson.

Sign me up right now let's goooo.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app


I've long been a supporter of figuring out some sort of Buddy/Richardson swap.

The way I see it both are better fits on the other team. Richardson had a bad year in Philly, but I think he was similar to Buddy, utilized incorrectly. He should improve the defense and provide another somewhat capable playmaker for the team. Between Fox-Bogdan-Richardson and getting Buddy out it would certainly take pressure off Fox.

On the other hand with Simmons/Embid being the primary guys in Philly, Buddy would feast on open looks over there.

I really don't think Tobias is worth bringing on with that contract. Id also ask for a Bjelica/Thybulle swap if that was the case.

Tobias/Richardson/Thybulle for Bjelica/Buddy/Barnes. That makes sense to me.

Fox - Bogdan - Richardson - Tobias - Bagley
#12 - Thybulle - Holmes

Isn't a bad place to be next year. The front court defense would be awful, but at least we could score with the best of them.
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 9,787
And1: 5,795
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#832 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:10 pm

City of Trees wrote:Buddy and Belly

For

Gordon Hayward


Kings move on from Buddy, GH is a big expiring.

Celtics get shooters


Id actually be most down with this type of trade. Gordon is a guy i've thought would fit perfectly on this team for awhile. He may not be as good as he once was, but he can still play. Id love to see Fox - Bogdan - Hayward on the court at the same time. If Bogdan bought in that could be a nasty unselfish trio.
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#833 » by City of Trees » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:09 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Sixers insider Keith Pompey was on ESPN 1320 today to chat with D Lo and KC.

Pompey says folks around the Sixers are very excited about Buddy's availability. To make Embiid + Simmons work they need shooters and Buddy is the best available in trade.

Woj mentioned Buddy/Barnes for Tobias Harris/Josh Richardson.

Sign me up right now let's goooo.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app


I've long been a supporter of figuring out some sort of Buddy/Richardson swap.

The way I see it both are better fits on the other team. Richardson had a bad year in Philly, but I think he was similar to Buddy, utilized incorrectly. He should improve the defense and provide another somewhat capable playmaker for the team. Between Fox-Bogdan-Richardson and getting Buddy out it would certainly take pressure off Fox.

On the other hand with Simmons/Embid being the primary guys in Philly, Buddy would feast on open looks over there.

I really don't think Tobias is worth bringing on with that contract. Id also ask for a Bjelica/Thybulle swap if that was the case.

Tobias/Richardson/Thybulle for Bjelica/Buddy/Barnes. That makes sense to me.

Fox - Bogdan - Richardson - Tobias - Bagley
#12 - Thybulle - Holmes

Isn't a bad place to be next year. The front court defense would be awful, but at least we could score with the best of them.
For whatever reason I completely spaced on a smaller trade centered around Buddy and Richardson. I think it's a great idea.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 10,699
And1: 3,696
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#834 » by wco81 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:09 pm

Do you trade assets for players who have only a year left on their deals?

Confident in signing them to longer deals to stay?
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#835 » by City of Trees » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:18 pm

wco81 wrote:Do you trade assets for players who have only a year left on their deals?

Confident in signing them to longer deals to stay?
In Sacramento we need more than 1 year to wine and dine. Rule of thumb around here is no.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
Jkam31
Analyst
Posts: 3,443
And1: 2,191
Joined: Feb 23, 2014

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#836 » by Jkam31 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:34 pm

If we trade for Horford or Harris without getting Thybulle back we better boycott the team till vevik sells
kalenclayton
Analyst
Posts: 3,220
And1: 931
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#837 » by kalenclayton » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:37 pm

Jkam31 wrote:If we trade for Horford or Harris without getting Thybulle back we better boycott the team till vevik sells

It doesn’t need to be Thybulle, but necessary value needs to be there.
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 9,787
And1: 5,795
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#838 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Jkam31 wrote:If we trade for Horford or Harris without getting Thybulle back we better boycott the team till vevik sells


The reality is I don't think the GM comes in and makes a bad deal right off the bat. We saw what happened to Vlade loosing the trade with Philly (pre-doncic) he made a ton of good moves after that, but it was all overshadowed by trading our picks away.

I think the new GM is going to look to get this team back to flexibility. I could see Buddy being moved, Bogdan being resigned, and we wait another year. I

1. Is Bagley going to stay healthy and be a part of the teams future, or are we best to just cut our losses and move on.
2. Can Bogdan elevate his game without Buddy on the roster. We know hes got the talent, i'm looking for consistency.
3. If Fox stays healthy is he going to become a full on super star, or is what we saw the ceiling for him?
4. Is Barnes worth his salary on this team? Or should we look to dump him?

The new GM needs a year to figure this stuff out. Getting out of Buddy, and letting Parker/Joseph expire should get us back to cap flexibility.
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 9,787
And1: 5,795
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#839 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:19 pm

Going into the offseason I think our biggest priority should be to add another facilitator. Maybe even 2.

Id love to move Joseph for a better passing backup pg.

I also want to see one of Barnes/Buddy replaced with another guy who can create for himself and others. I always hoped that Bogdan would step into that role, but I think after 3 years we can tell hes not a 2nd guy, but a 3rd guy (as far as creating shots).

Its so sad to me that we are paying Joseph 12.5 mil per year, when the far superior TJ MCConnell is making 3.5 sigh...

Even swapping Buddy/Bjelica/Joseph for Hayward/McConnell would leave me feeling amazing about this team. Draft Aaron Nesmith, resign Bogdan, Len, Bazemore. Call it a summer.

Buddy/Bjelica for Hayward
#35 for McConnell

Fox - Bogdan - Hayward - Bagley - Holmes
McConnel - Nesmith - Bazemore - Barnes - Len

That team is winning 40+ games and back in playoff contention.
Jkam31
Analyst
Posts: 3,443
And1: 2,191
Joined: Feb 23, 2014

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#840 » by Jkam31 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:04 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Going into the offseason I think our biggest priority should be to add another facilitator. Maybe even 2.

Id love to move Joseph for a better passing backup pg.

I also want to see one of Barnes/Buddy replaced with another guy who can create for himself and others. I always hoped that Bogdan would step into that role, but I think after 3 years we can tell hes not a 2nd guy, but a 3rd guy (as far as creating shots).

Its so sad to me that we are paying Joseph 12.5 mil per year, when the far superior TJ MCConnell is making 3.5 sigh...

Even swapping Buddy/Bjelica/Joseph for Hayward/McConnell would leave me feeling amazing about this team. Draft Aaron Nesmith, resign Bogdan, Len, Bazemore. Call it a summer.

Buddy/Bjelica for Hayward
#35 for McConnell

Fox - Bogdan - Hayward - Bagley - Holmes
McConnel - Nesmith - Bazemore - Barnes - Len

That team is winning 40+ games and back in playoff contention.


I like this trade and a trade for Hayward however we need Bagley starting at Center not PF. I don’t know where we get the 6’7 - 6’8 SF but we need to do that

kalenclayton wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:If we trade for Horford or Harris without getting Thybulle back we better boycott the team till vevik sells

It doesn’t need to be Thybulle, but necessary value needs to be there.


I named Thybull cause that’s the only value that team has outside Embiid/Harris. And to trade for Harris or Horford contract without him coming here is malpractice

Return to Sacramento Kings