ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans

User avatar
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 9,089
And1: 6,776
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Apr 7, 2019 9:50 pm

Image
Read on Twitter
Image
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,225
And1: 3,344
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#2 » by City of Trees » Mon Apr 8, 2019 1:09 am

Last home game. Lets get the W Kings!
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,100
And1: 3,015
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#3 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:34 am

:-?
Lost in LA
Junior
Posts: 267
And1: 54
Joined: Jul 09, 2016
       

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#4 » by Lost in LA » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:42 am

let's finish strong in our last game
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,100
And1: 3,015
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#5 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:24 am

The Kings lost to a G League level team at the last home game of the season.

No Holiday, Randle or Davis.
kalenclayton
Veteran
Posts: 2,841
And1: 765
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#6 » by kalenclayton » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:28 am

KF10 wrote:The Kings lost to a G League level team at the last home game of the season.

No Holiday, Randle or Davis.

If the team could hold that 1st quarter offensive intensity and poise, then they could’ve killed the Pelicans. Instead, the Pelicans played really hard and scrapped out a win they had no business getting. The Kings should be ashamed. The defense in this game was horrid all around. Bagley and Bogi missed a lot of rotations from what I saw. I’m also not a fan of this “Bagley takes the ball up and tries to score 1-on-1” business. He’s not that player yet.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,100
And1: 3,015
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#7 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:37 am

kalenclayton wrote:
KF10 wrote:The Kings lost to a G League level team at the last home game of the season.

No Holiday, Randle or Davis.

If the team could hold that 1st quarter offensive intensity and poise, then they could’ve killed the Pelicans. Instead, the Pelicans played really hard and scrapped out a win they had no business getting. The Kings should be ashamed. The defense in this game was horrid all around. Bagley and Bogi missed a lot of rotations from what I saw. I’m also not a fan of this “Bagley takes the ball up and tries to score 1-on-1” business. He’s not that player yet.


I wonder if the post-all star is the true indication of where the Kings are at than the pre-all star break. We caught teams off guard with our pace and general havoc. Now? Not anymore. The Kings need to solidify their defensive level and get rid of Willie.
kalenclayton
Veteran
Posts: 2,841
And1: 765
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#8 » by kalenclayton » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:54 am

KF10 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
KF10 wrote:The Kings lost to a G League level team at the last home game of the season.

No Holiday, Randle or Davis.

If the team could hold that 1st quarter offensive intensity and poise, then they could’ve killed the Pelicans. Instead, the Pelicans played really hard and scrapped out a win they had no business getting. The Kings should be ashamed. The defense in this game was horrid all around. Bagley and Bogi missed a lot of rotations from what I saw. I’m also not a fan of this “Bagley takes the ball up and tries to score 1-on-1” business. He’s not that player yet.


I wonder if the post-all star is the true indication of where the Kings are at than the pre-all star break. We caught teams off guard with our pace and general havoc. Now? Not anymore. The Kings need to solidify their defensive level and get rid of Willie.

It might be. I do think that the team shouldn’t have moved on from Shump at the deadline. The team wasn’t ready to be without his leadership and defense yet. Barnes has been a nice addition, but we didn’t have to move Shump at all.

I agree that Willie probably has to go, or at the very least get re-signed and relegated to bench duty. He honestly brings positives, but we have abandoned what makes him valuable too often. It’s probably too late to work it out with him though. We both need a fresh start.
ozthegap
Senior
Posts: 549
And1: 113
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
 

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#9 » by ozthegap » Mon Apr 8, 2019 4:09 am

From a Wiz fan, thank you guys so much for losing this game! Was going to thank the Pelis for winning but their board is dead AF
kalenclayton
Veteran
Posts: 2,841
And1: 765
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#10 » by kalenclayton » Mon Apr 8, 2019 6:41 am

ozthegap wrote:From a Wiz fan, thank you guys so much for losing this game! Was going to thank the Pelis for winning but their board is dead AF

You’re welcome! :wink:
What do we win, and better yet, what interest to the Wiz have in this?
ozthegap
Senior
Posts: 549
And1: 113
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
 

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#11 » by ozthegap » Mon Apr 8, 2019 8:29 am

kalenclayton wrote:
ozthegap wrote:From a Wiz fan, thank you guys so much for losing this game! Was going to thank the Pelis for winning but their board is dead AF

You’re welcome! :wink:
What do we win, and better yet, what interest to the Wiz have in this?


you helped our tank of course.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,732
And1: 2,538
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Game #81 Sacramento vs New Orleans 

Post#12 » by codydaze » Mon Apr 8, 2019 3:57 pm

KF10 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
KF10 wrote:The Kings lost to a G League level team at the last home game of the season.

No Holiday, Randle or Davis.

If the team could hold that 1st quarter offensive intensity and poise, then they could’ve killed the Pelicans. Instead, the Pelicans played really hard and scrapped out a win they had no business getting. The Kings should be ashamed. The defense in this game was horrid all around. Bagley and Bogi missed a lot of rotations from what I saw. I’m also not a fan of this “Bagley takes the ball up and tries to score 1-on-1” business. He’s not that player yet.


I wonder if the post-all star is the true indication of where the Kings are at than the pre-all star break. We caught teams off guard with our pace and general havoc. Now? Not anymore. The Kings need to solidify their defensive level and get rid of Willie.


I would say pre all star break because for the most part until we were officially eliminated from playoff contention we were still playing really well. It was a combination of trying to get Barnes settled into the system along with a brutal stretch of the schedule we faced in my opinion. It's not like we were getting blown out by teams or weren't competitive, we dropped some games but we played some really good teams really tough. I saw Buddy and Fox make some comments after the game about working on the defensive end hard this summer so hopefully we see an improved defense next year. I think that's the next step this team needs and a defensive anchor at the 5 would go a long way.

Return to Sacramento Kings