Page 2 of 11

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:57 am
by BoogieTime
kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Isn’t it possible that maybe, just maybe, this guy is a really smart guy who interviewed well and is getting rewarded for it? That doesn’t sound too crazy, right?


I hope. Even leaving some of the optics out of it, I feel as if his resume’ is a bit underwhelming for the position comparatively, and it’s a distance away from a Hornacek/Monty Williams that were initially considered. I think the drama around Luke may have shortened the pool unfortunately. You can see why a experienced name might avoid the situation

Absolutely. The Walton thing kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hate that it’s something The team has to deal with. This is probably (very likely) the main problem and why Rana ended up the lead assistant. Still, there’s something to this guy. He seems to have a good resume, even though it does not include NBA or NCAA.


Looking forward to the Walton situation resolving. I was thinking the joint investigation would last a few weeks, but if so, why bring in assistants? Could last longer than anticipated.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:06 pm
by codydaze
BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
I hope. Even leaving some of the optics out of it, I feel as if his resume’ is a bit underwhelming for the position comparatively, and it’s a distance away from a Hornacek/Monty Williams that were initially considered. I think the drama around Luke may have shortened the pool unfortunately. You can see why a experienced name might avoid the situation

Absolutely. The Walton thing kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hate that it’s something The team has to deal with. This is probably (very likely) the main problem and why Rana ended up the lead assistant. Still, there’s something to this guy. He seems to have a good resume, even though it does not include NBA or NCAA.


Looking forward to the Walton situation resolving. I was thinking the joint investigation would last a few weeks, but if so, why bring in assistants? Could last longer than anticipated.


I thought I remembered someone reporting that it could take months if not a year or two for everything to get resolved. I don't remember who reported it and I can't find the tweet that said that though.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:00 pm
by blind prophet
Hopefully they settle outside of court.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:40 pm
by dckingsfan
Seems like the Kings are running a lot of second round prospects through their mill. Seems like they will be prepared if nothing else.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sun Jun 9, 2019 9:11 pm
by City of Trees
Kings are definitely diving in. I saw somewhere the count is at 72 prospect workouts and counting

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:37 pm
by BoogieTime
Going into this summer I feel a bit better than previous summers that something will get done, given how our young core looked.

two things I don’t want going on this summer though:

1. Acquiring of not much in FA. The last two summers, the middling vet collections of Bjelica/Yogi/Hill/Randolph/Carter etc drew some applause from some, but for me it was a collection of not much. We don’t need big names necessarily, but some young players with some upside through FA/trades will at least be optimism going forward, or very servicable vets.

2. The unfair conference balance continuing with the West getting better. This has been going on for too long. There was nothing positive about Zion/Morant ending up in the West, and I preferably don’t want Kawhi/Davis etc continuing the imbalance

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:12 pm
by dckingsfan
Congrats Mr. Fox!

De’Aaron Fox has been invited to join TDe’Aaron Fox has been invited to join Team USA’s Select Team at training camp in Las Vegas this summeream USA’s Select Team at training camp in Las Vegas this summer.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:11 pm
by BoogieTime
Highly concerned Kawhi goes to Lakers... Although fan pressure will be extremely high, he wants to be in LA, and when the Lakers make that pitch...

The West hopefully doesn’t continue to bury us. It could be plausible we could form a competitive nucleus and still get good draft picks the next few

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:19 am
by simonbampfield
BoogieTime wrote:Highly concerned Kawhi goes to Lakers... Although fan pressure will be extremely high, he wants to be in LA, and when the Lakers make that pitch...

The West hopefully doesn’t continue to bury us. It could be plausible we could form a competitive nucleus and still get good draft picks the next few


Yeah when you think the West can’t get any tougher than it has been over the last few years!
I don’t think there’s much chance of Kawhi not being in LA.
Possibly the only way is for KD to talk him into the Knicks.
That would be the best for the West. The alternative to the Lakers is Kawhi/Jimmy at Clippers which will be a really good team too.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:38 pm
by City of Trees
You guys hear Michael Porter Jr. has been ruled out of the Vegas SL with a knee sprain? His family truly struggles staying healthy.

The GB is wild!

Freighttrain wrote:Image

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:46 pm
by Sacramento_King
City of Trees wrote:You guys hear Michael Porter Jr. has been ruled out of the Vegas SL with a knee sprain? His family truly struggles staying healthy.

The GB is wild!

Freighttrain wrote:Image


They just seem snake bit. He would be great addition to Nuggets rotation if he could stay healthy.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Fri Jul 5, 2019 9:45 pm
by codydaze
BoogieTime wrote:Highly concerned Kawhi goes to Lakers... Although fan pressure will be extremely high, he wants to be in LA, and when the Lakers make that pitch...

The West hopefully doesn’t continue to bury us. It could be plausible we could form a competitive nucleus and still get good draft picks the next few


Honestly, I’d rather Kawhi go to the Lakers than the Clippers. It’s not like they’re really within our window anyway. If he goes to the Clippers then that’s one more team pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:19 am
by BoogieTime
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Highly concerned Kawhi goes to Lakers... Although fan pressure will be extremely high, he wants to be in LA, and when the Lakers make that pitch...

The West hopefully doesn’t continue to bury us. It could be plausible we could form a competitive nucleus and still get good draft picks the next few


Honestly, I’d rather Kawhi go to the Lakers than the Clippers. It’s not like they’re really within our window anyway. If he goes to the Clippers then that’s one more team pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.


I don’t want him him in either. The Lakers window with him and AD is long enough

The West imbalance has gone on for farrrr tooo long, which has been screwing the Kings for many years now, and doesn’t look to stop with the crap that’s went on this summer (though I do appreciate KD heading out a bit, but with an Achilles I can’t call it reciprocal in any way to Kawhi/Zion/Morant if the Kawhi thing happens)

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:26 am
by BoogieTime
There goes Kawhi to the Clippers, sigh. Not fair to us

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:43 pm
by Lost in LA
I think the Clippers are the team to beat now. The Kings' high point is still 2-4 years away at least. The West will be tough but Oklahoma will be weaker as will the Warriors and I would look for 45-48 wins next year as a target

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:20 pm
by dckingsfan
Yeah, would have been nice for George to stay in OKC and Kawhi to stay in Toronto. But in a way - it doesn't affect us in terms of making the playoffs. But now it will be a bit tougher getting out of the first round.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:43 pm
by RipPizzaGuy
This is a win for us...

Lakers
Houston
Denver
Okc
Utah
GS
Portland

Were all locks

It was us fighting with LAC and spurs for playoffs. Now okc moves way down, clippers move up.

So its us vs San antonio for 8th seed barring injuries. I like our chances!

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:36 pm
by Kings2016
RipPizzaGuy wrote:This is a win for us...

Lakers
Houston
Denver
Okc
Utah
GS
Portland

Were all locks

It was us fighting with LAC and spurs for playoffs. Now okc moves way down, clippers move up.

So its us vs San antonio for 8th seed barring injuries. I like our chances!


I don’t know about that for sure.

Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Warriors
Jazz
Trailblazers
Rockets
Are locks in my opinion
Spurs didn’t really do anything in free agency but finished 9 games ahead of the Kings last season. That’s a lot of games that the Kings need to improve.

OKC got way worse
Mavericks - May have improved more than us.
Pelicans to young.
Suns suck
Grizzlies aren’t good.

That being said I don’t believe the Kings really improved enough to improve 9 games in the standings. I think 47-48 wins will be needed again.I just don’t see it with the off season moves. It just my opinion. I hope I’m wrong, right now I give it to the Spurs for the 8 spot.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:54 pm
by madskillz8
Heard it here first: Lakers are more likely not making playoffs with such a lack of depth.

It will be a blood bath in west, every game matters and not much room for resting Lebron. A single injury to AD or Lebron, as in the case of last season, can keep them away from playoffs again.

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Posted: Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:28 pm
by dckingsfan
I think it is going to take 48 wins again. But - we picked up a legit C rotation. We got deeper and better at SF compared to the start of last year. Fox is going to improve. Bagley is going to make a big jump. Seems tough but doable.