Kings Hire Joe Dumars as Special Advisor 

Post#1 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Re: Kings Hire Joe Dumars as Special Advisor 

Post#2 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:13 pm

I mean... He was big in putting those Pistons rings together right? But didn't he also sign Ben Gordon, Charlie V, and Josh Smith to giant contracts?
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#3 » by Silver Man » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Makes sense to add a guy who can't draft and has some god awful contracts especially the Charlie V one.

Not like Vlade is any good anyways. Just laughable at this point.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#4 » by codydaze » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 pm

Silver Man wrote:Makes sense to add a guy who can't draft and has some god awful contracts especially the Charlie V one.

Makes sense to add a guy who has a championship ring as GM and won Executive of the Year.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Also Joe loves working the phone. Remember Vlade hates that.
Silver Man
Starter

Post#6 » by Silver Man » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 pm

codydaze wrote:
Silver Man wrote:Makes sense to add a guy who can't draft and has some god awful contracts especially the Charlie V one.

Makes sense to add a guy who has a championship ring as GM and won Executive of the Year.

And how'd he do the other 80% of his time? How was he in the draft? How was he with the signings?

Dumars was good for a couple years in the early 2000s. This is 2019. He hasn't been good in over 15 years. Realistically until Vlade is officially gone it's going to be a mess.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#7 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Silver Man wrote:
codydaze wrote:

And how'd he do the other 80% of his time? How was he in the draft? How was he with the signings?

Dumars was good for a couple years in the early 2000s. This is 2019. He hasn't been good in over 15 years. Realistically until Vlade is officially gone it's going to be a mess.

Wow, your selective memory and thinking is pretty helpful to your bias.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Silver Man
Starter

Post#8 » by Silver Man » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:26 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Silver Man wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Wow, your selective memory and thinking is pretty help to your bias.

Walk me through all the great draft picks Dumars had. Walk me through all the great moves Dumars made from 2004 on. Apparently my memory cannot recall.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#9 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:35 pm

Silver Man wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
Silver Man wrote:

Wow, your selective memory and thinking is pretty helpful to your bias.

Walk me through all the great draft picks Dumars had. Walk me through all the great moves Dumars made from 2004 on. Apparently my memory cannot recall.

I wasn't talking about Dumars. Was talking about Vlade. There have been good and bad decisions made in the past 3 years but we are most definitely better than when he got here and are poised to improve even more. You can have your opinion that he has caused a mess and I can disagree.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#10 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#11 » by OGSactownballer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:20 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Silver Man
Starter

Post#12 » by Silver Man » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:39 am

OGSactownballer wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Yes very thought out response per usual from posters on this forum. Zero articulate response, typical rippizzaguy though.

just the same from Very funny!!!!

Dealt with in PMs, let’s just try to keep the discussion on topic.

-codydaze
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:53 am

Silver Man wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Yes very thought out response per usual from posters on this forum. Zero articulate response, typical rippizzaguy though.

just the same from Very funny!!!!

It honestly didn't feel worthy of a articulate response. We just heard you whining in the draft thread, I did that there. It was met with no rebuttal or well thought out response.

If you want to throw some kind of pity party for being a Kings fan, or continue whining about how bad it is that we have Vlade, go ahead and do so. But when myself or others point out that we are clearly for the better and you ignore it, don't expect us to continue feeding into that BS
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#14 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:58 am

Silver Man wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
Silver Man wrote:

Wow, your selective memory and thinking is pretty help to your bias.

Dumars is an odd story. 2000 - 2004 was special: traded for Ben Wallace, signed Chauncey Billups in free agency, drafted Tayshaun Prince, traded for Rip Hamilton and Rasheed Wallace. Dumars literally built that Championship roster from the ground up.

But in between and after those moves is nothing but head scratching, head shaking, and fireable offenses. The most egregious was the 2003 draft. Dumars whiffed on a Pistons Dynasty.

How does one build a team like the 04 Pistons and then all of a sudden forget how to GM?

I have no problems with his coaching hires (Carlisle, Larry Brown, Flip Saunders).

Dumars has been around the game for probably longer than I've been on this earth. I'm sure he has knowledge that will bring value as an advisor. I'm OK as long as Dumars isn't making the decisions around here.

Return to Sacramento Kings