ImageImageImageImageImage

Julius Randle

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Julius Randle 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 pm

I haven't seen many of us talk about this kid at all this summer. Hes still only 24 years old and surprisingly he began shooting 3's much more often last year on a pretty decent percentage - 2.7 attempts at 35%. I realize that hes more of a 4, but he brings a lot of what we need to the table.

Bagley really wasn't a rim protector last year, but I think he showed some flashes and he was only 19-20. As he gets deeper into his career, I think thats a skill that will only get better as he gets bigger/stronger.

Randle is a great rebounder, can hit 3's, a decent man defender, hes a bruiser who brings physicality WCS never dreamed of, and hes also a pretty good passer. His age fits in our timeline perfectly, He checks almost every box except for rim protection.

A 4 big rotation of Giles/Bagley/Randle/Bjelica would work, or we could look to move Bjelica for more of a traditional center when we really need one.

Thoughts?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Re: Julius Randle 

Post#2 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:20 am

Interesting. I think Bagley is years away from being more effective at C, and would seem to operate in the space as him as well. There is only one ball to go around with now 5 scorers with him, and the rim protection issue. On the other hand there is so much more allure in paying a young, improving player with some upside than an older player like that I could almost overlook it if we couldn’t get a better younger fit
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:17 am

BoogieTime wrote:Interesting. I think Bagley is years away from being more effective at C, and would seem to operate in the space as him as well. There is only one ball to go around with now 5 scorers with him, and the rim protection issue. On the other hand there is so much more allure in paying a young, improving player with some upside than an older player like that I could almost overlook it if we couldn’t get a better younger fit

I think this has some merit but we could space out their minutes. Assuming each plays 32 or so minutes, they played 16 apart from eachother, and 16 minutes together.

Rim protection would be an issue, but I anticipate bagley to get better with age. I think we will see a pretty significant increase in his weaknesses this year.

He and bagley can both space the floor, so while theres some overlap to their games, I think it helps that both have a good mid-range game and can both extend to the 3. This isnt capela or adams who would just be clogging the paint all game. Plus Randle is a really good passer, he and Giles would have an interesting 2 big man game.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:02 am

Reports are Kings are interested.

So what's the plan? Sign Dedmon, slide Bagley to Center and pair him with Randle?

Fox / Joesph
Buddy / Bogdonavic
Barnes / ?
Randle / Giles / Bjelica
Bagley / Dedmon
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 618

Post#5 » by sackings916 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:31 am

I have Randle as my #1 target for the frontcourt. Randle and Bagley are both beasts on the boards. Both guys are super athletic, strong, quick and can score inside, outside and off the dribble. I would pair them and punish the teams going small. May have some trouble against the bigger Cs like Embiid and Jokic, but their quickness will give them trouble on the other end. Have Giles and Bjelica back them up, with Barnes getting some small ball PF mins as well. Bring back Koufus at the min for depth.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#6 » by SactoKingsFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 am

Not interested. Randle playing significant minutes would be a problem on defense. Much rather add Dedmon and Young or Favors if UTA decides to move on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Return to Sacramento Kings