Moderators: KF10, codydaze, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Starter
And1: 846

Re: Buddy Hield 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:41 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Honestly I'm a bit surprised Buddy hasn't been extended yet.

Probably means Vlade isn't just handing out the max.

The wait continues.

No reason to. You’d offer him longevity now for a deal. Otherwise you still have a lot of power with him next summer

Disagree here. 4/100 right now is what they should offer. If he has an excellent season next year like many of us predict, he’ll want the max. They should push for him to resign now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 25 has probably been offered. That would be a nice number
tor1234567
Pro Prospect
And1: 793

Post#22 » by tor1234567 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:54 am

2020 is a weak year for Free Agents, and as a result, Buddy will get a four year max offer from another team.

They would have locked him up by now, but are playing it safe since they will essentially be maxing out three players with Hield, Fox and Bagley. They probably want to see if Bogdan can improve enough to be a cheaper alternative to the core.
madskillz8
Junior
And1: 153

Post#23 » by madskillz8 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Is he a max player right now? No. Will he be offered a max contract next off-season? Yes, if he improves even slightly, so that is very possible considering his work ethic and passion for the game.

Kings should try convince him to sign extension for less than that before the season starts. However it would be tough job for the Vlade&Co. as they've just overpayed every single free-agent.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,731

Post#24 » by S.W.A.N » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:30 am

Outsider perspective.. Better sign him to that extension. Next years FA class is meh and he going to be at the top of the list. I know I'd love to poach him.
We the North

Return to Sacramento Kings