ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 10,954
And1: 7,519
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,673
And1: 4,943
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by KF10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:29 am

Down by 32 points in the 3rd quarter.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,673
And1: 4,943
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by KF10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:48 am

Is Walton even coaching?

From what I've seen, he just lets his players dictate the offense and has been almost been nonexistent in adjustments.

Little ball movement and paper defense.

Is this Walton's MO? I get it. He's a player's coach but at some point, you gotta coach and let his players know that the little ball movement and the turnovers are unacceptable. He needs to be willing to bench those who puts out little production.

I'm watching the Jazz feed and even their commentators mentioned the Kings' lack of ball movement ("it's only P&Rs and ISOs).
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,673
And1: 4,943
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#4 » by KF10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:57 am

It's been only 3 games but this is very concerning. The Kings are getting blown out in every game.

I hate to admit it but the players believed in their hype and has done ZERO to back it up.

Last season, the pre-all star break team was simply an illusion (fool's gold).

The post-all star break team was the reality of the state of this team. AKA below average
jeffjtk1234
Starter
Posts: 2,068
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#5 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:04 am

KF10 wrote:Is Walton even coaching?

From what I've seen, he just lets his players dictate the offense and has been almost been nonexistent in adjustments.

Little ball movement and paper defense.

Is this Walton's MO? I get it. He's a player's coach but at some point, you gotta coach and let his players know that the little ball movement and the turnovers are unacceptable. He needs to be willing to bench those who puts out little production.

I'm watching the Jazz feed and even their commentators mentioned the Kings' lack of ball movement ("it's only P&Rs and ISOs).


So I’ve noticed this too. I’m not sure what he’s doing. Our offense is fox iso’s. Our defense did non-existent. I don’t think he’s actually coaching...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,673
And1: 4,943
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#6 » by KF10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:17 am

jeffjtk1234 wrote:
So I’ve noticed this too. I’m not sure what he’s doing. Our offense is fox iso’s. Our defense did non-existent. I don’t think he’s actually coaching...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It's frustrating.

The team doesn't pass at all. On top of that, the Kings have been very sloppy with the ball i.e. turnover nightmare.

There is no heart or fight in this team.
frothbrain
Analyst
Posts: 3,130
And1: 1,254
Joined: Dec 04, 2011

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#7 » by frothbrain » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:21 am

Dave Joerger sends his regards Kings fans.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,673
And1: 4,943
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#8 » by KF10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:30 am

frothbrain wrote:Dave Joerger sends his regards Kings fans.


Don't troll.

Consider this a public warning to you and anyone else.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
Posts: 2,068
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#9 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:45 am

KF10 wrote:
jeffjtk1234 wrote:
So I’ve noticed this too. I’m not sure what he’s doing. Our offense is fox iso’s. Our defense did non-existent. I don’t think he’s actually coaching...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It's frustrating.

The team doesn't pass at all. On top of that, the Kings have been very sloppy with the ball i.e. turnover nightmare.

There is no heart or fight in this team.


The issue with the turnovers is a lack of a system. We are asking players to do too much and play outside their comfort zone. Barnes isn’t an iso guy. Honestly buddy isn’t an iso guy. We run 1-4 flat every time down the court and let fox attack but it doesn’t go anywhere. We don’t run any actions off of it, rarely a lazy pick and roll attempt.

I actually am not sure Walton even knows how to coach. I am very concerned moving forward.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BoogieTime
Analyst
Posts: 3,058
And1: 1,122
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:48 am

3 games in and I’m already about the lins. I’d prefer high picks, unfortunately Vlade/Walton won’t play the youth as their seats get warm. But at this point want them gone too. It’s about youth development for me, and I’m not happy with Fox’s play so far. Trae (you know my pre draft feelings on him), who IMO might be the best player in the 2018 class, has the title of best young pg, and wouldn’t allow a team to lay down like this
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,673
And1: 4,943
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#11 » by KF10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:50 am

Read on Twitter


Ouch.
User avatar
Hikari
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,974
And1: 205
Joined: Mar 23, 2006
Location: Lets just say with my wife.
       

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#13 » by Hikari » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:43 am

It really seems (from an outsiders point of view) that Walton had success in GS by letting the talent just run with what they knew.

Then in LA he had LBJ and let him run the show.

He is trying to let Fox run it with you. Walton doesn't seem to understand that he has to develop the potential.

I may be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app
bleeds_purple
Analyst
Posts: 3,530
And1: 1,803
Joined: May 22, 2014

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#14 » by bleeds_purple » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:54 pm

KF10 wrote:It's been only 3 games but this is very concerning. The Kings are getting blown out in every game.

I hate to admit it but the players believed in their hype and has done ZERO to back it up.

Last season, the pre-all star break team was simply an illusion (fool's gold).

The post-all star break team was the reality of the state of this team. AKA below average


I hate to admit it but while watching the Suns game I thought to myself "hmm...they seem to have more talent than us." Unless Fox and Bagley reach perennial all-star level this team is going nowhere. And it's only one game but Bagley looked to be the exact same player as last season i.e. talented but tunnel-visioned and physically weak.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,673
And1: 4,943
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#15 » by KF10 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:26 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
KF10 wrote:It's been only 3 games but this is very concerning. The Kings are getting blown out in every game.

I hate to admit it but the players believed in their hype and has done ZERO to back it up.

Last season, the pre-all star break team was simply an illusion (fool's gold).

The post-all star break team was the reality of the state of this team. AKA below average


I hate to admit it but while watching the Suns game I thought to myself "hmm...they seem to have more talent than us." Unless Fox and Bagley reach perennial all-star level this team is going nowhere. And it's only one game but Bagley looked to be the exact same player as last season i.e. talented but tunnel-visioned and physically weak.


I don't think they have more talent than us but the Kings may have overvalued the worth of their veterans though. Ariza looked washed, beyond his expiration date. Dedmon kind of look like a bust (I'll give him more time), Joseph can't hit the 3PT shot, an okay defender.

It doesn't look like either Fox or Bagley even lifted a single weight over the summer. They still look skinny. This is more towards Bagley because I would have been fooled if you show me his photo of his first day in the NBA and right now. Look exactly the same.
NoZoLakers
Head Coach
Posts: 6,594
And1: 2,064
Joined: May 20, 2017

Re: Game 3: Sacramento Kings (0-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-1) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#16 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Luke is a pupil of Phil Jackson, his coaching style seems to be let the players "figure things" out on their own based on what they practice...us lakers fan had same complaints, the team would struggle when they stop moving off ball and just go iso, although the stats says our team was decent defensively in terms of rankings it didn't feel like that last season at times where the paint was just wide open and teams would get whatever look they wanted

Return to Sacramento Kings