Game 27: Sacramento Kings (12-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (12-17) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Read on Twitter
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Re: Game 27: Sacramento Kings (12-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (12-17) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by nolimit0820 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:26 am

The only thing I'm "worried" about with this loss is the way we were getting bullied. I didn't look at stats but offensive rebounding was killer. Buddy had 6 points with 3 minutes left in game.

Marvin looked better offensively with Fox alongside of him. Fox is a different caliber. Great to see him out there again!
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:00 am

Fox looked great

Marvin, as the -19 suggests, didnt. It’s been a rough +/- for him this year. It’s a different animal with him. The rest of the top picks in last years draft unequivocally help their team win, whereas he has a lot of potential but may actually be helping the team lose games. That brings up the argument of whether he should be earning his time, which I certainly agree with. It’s a borderline playoff team that needs all hands on deck
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#4 » by SmellingColors » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:42 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Fox looked great

Marvin, as the -19 suggests, didnt. It’s been a rough +/- for him this year. It’s a different animal with him. The rest of the top picks in last years draft unequivocally help their team win, whereas he has a lot of potential but may actually be helping the team lose games. That brings up the argument of whether he should be earning his time, which I certainly agree with. It’s a borderline playoff team that needs all hands on deck

The Ringer had an article on Marvin and Deandre's impact on their teams. This was after the Suns had that hot start and before they somewhat dropped off. I agree that this is a team that can make the playoffs in this year's west without him.

www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2019/12/5/20995454/suns-kings-deandre-ayton-marvin-bagley
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:13 pm

SmellingColors wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Fox looked great

The Ringer had an article on Marvin and Deandre's impact on their teams. This was after the Suns had that hot start and before they somewhat dropped off. I agree that this is a team that can make the playoffs in this year's west without him.

www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2019/12/5/20995454/suns-kings-deandre-ayton-marvin-bagley

Nice read. It’s a compounding situation. The pick itself is already questioned, but Marvin will take a lot more time to develop as well

I have this discussion on another site. I do think the teams can sneak into the playoffs without him, but giving him 20+ minutes, rain or shine, could be the difference of not. Some people say, that we need to find out what we have and that getting our butts handed to us by Los Angeles doesn’t matter. I disagree. The rest of the team is busting their humps. I also don’t feel the LA teams are invincible. I also don’t see how Marvin learns a hell of a lot more being force fed minutes instead of playing 8-15, with the potential to earn more, when you have practice/off court tutelage etc etc

Return to Sacramento Kings