Where has Harry Giles been?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

darbstar
Junior
And1: 51

Where has Harry Giles been? 

Post#1 » by darbstar » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 am

Where has Giles been?
Has he been injured or has coach not been playing him?
If he hasn’t been injured I just don’t understand why it has taken this long to give him a go.

It’s not like he is playing behind All stars
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Re: Where has Harry Giles been? 

Post#2 » by sacking123 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:35 am

darbstar wrote:Where has Giles been?
If he hasn’t been injured I just don’t understand why it has taken this long to give him a go.

IMO this is one of the more stranger things that have gone on in the NBA.

On the broadcast versus Denver they mentioned everything Luke had said ie he missed some time in training camp and the opening of the season due to injury which meant some others got ahead of him, but they still really like him.
This can't be true though because if they did, the FO wouldn't have declined his option.
Doug and Grant both said he is a terrific worker (something that has always been said about him).
He is obviously talented and is a really good guy, but all I can think of is that his knees are absolutely shot. I hope that's not the case, but why else would the Kings not pick up his option given he has shown tremendous potential, is a GREAT locker room guy and isn't payed much at all.

I also think along the lines of Giles, we are really putting some of our guys in the wrong positions and that is what has caused a lot of perceived logjams and problems with fouling.
H20 is a 4. Bagley is a 4. Enough of this that they are 5s.
They can go up against small ball 5s because that is what they are themselves.
I'm not saying they won't grow into being 5s. But they aren't there yet and quite frankly they might never be. You don't play a developing player in the position they will eventually become, you play them in the position they are.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#3 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 am

The most frustrating thing is that we all saw last year Harry and Marvin have great chemistry yet we haven't seen them together at all this year.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#4 » by jazanetti » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Harry missed 3 years almost entirely. Now his experience is on high school senior year level, while his athleticism due to injuries is like 30+ y.o. player. He needs 3-4 years of very careful development, but still it could be all over at any time because of his next injury.
It is too much risk with very little chance of success.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#5 » by nolimit0820 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
darbstar wrote:Where has Giles been?

IMO this is one of the more stranger things that have gone on in the NBA.

On the broadcast versus Denver they mentioned everything Luke had said ie he missed some time in training camp and the opening of the season due to injury which meant some others got ahead of him, but they still really like him.
This can't be true though because if they did, the FO wouldn't have declined his option.
Doug and Grant both said he is a terrific worker (something that has always been said about him).
He is obviously talented and is a really good guy, but all I can think of is that his knees are absolutely shot. I hope that's not the case, but why else would the Kings not pick up his option given he has shown tremendous potential, is a GREAT locker room guy and isn't payed much at all.

I also think along the lines of Giles, we are really putting some of our guys in the wrong positions and that is what has caused a lot of perceived logjams and problems with fouling.
H20 is a 4. Bagley is a 4. Enough of this that they are 5s.
They can go up against small ball 5s because that is what they are themselves.
I'm not saying they won't grow into being 5s. But they aren't there yet and quite frankly they might never be. You don't play a developing player in the position they will eventually become, you play them in the position they are.

I couldn’t agree more in regard to positioning. I was watching Harry last night and thought about how defensively he wouldn’t be outmatched guarding the majority of fours. Offensively, his high post game is the best on the team so he could totally be on the floor. He’s got a good looking midrange game too.

Return to Sacramento Kings