Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 41: Sacramento Kings (15-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-15) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Read on Twitter
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Game 41: Sacramento Kings (15-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-15) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by kalenclayton » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:57 pm

If there was a game that Bagley wanted to show out, it would be this one. He should’ve had this circled on his calendar since the beginning of the season. He should’ve drew a few extra circles after he missed the first game. If he keeps talking himself, he better start presenting himself. This should be a start.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Game 41: Sacramento Kings (15-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-15) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:16 am

Just a bunch of meh. Other than Fox nothing is exciting me right now.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:28 am

Luka with a triple double early in the 3rd. If this game gets away from the Kings the fan base is going to be in a dark place.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:29 am

Ref's absolutely hate Fox. He doesn't get half the calls he should.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 am

City of Trees wrote:Just a bunch of meh. Other than Fox nothing is exciting me right now.

That’s a good thing about Fox

Very encouraged how he’s looked recently. That’s important for the franchise
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:54 am

Not watching the game but hear Grant is trying his best to talk down Luka and pump up Bagley. Yesterday on his show, which I only occasionally tune in, he was shilling for Bagley being special

Dude is a clown IMO. Totally beholden to the organization somehow. But there is no integrity to him. Maybe the organization is intentionally propagandizing the situation through him
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:02 am

I think I've reached my breaking point. Done investing 7-10 hours of my time every **** week for this ****. NBA is such a damn joke. Fox gets fouled every single play. Not only on offense but all of these horrible moving screens.

Doncic is the Nbas wonderboy who can do no wrong. **** the refs, **** the nba. **** basketball. Go niners

Edit: oh and **** luke worst coach in the league. Getting absolutely destroyed in the paint and on 2nd chance pts, so he plays 1 big and 2 pgs all game. This guys a schmuck.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#9 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:17 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I think I've reached my breaking point. Done investing 7-10 hours of my time every **** week for this ****. NBA is such a damn joke. Fox gets fouled every single play. Not only on offense but all of these horrible moving screens.

Doncic is the Nbas wonderboy who can do no wrong. **** the refs, **** the nba. **** basketball. Go niners

Edit: oh and **** luke worst coach in the league. Getting absolutely destroyed in the paint and on 2nd chance pts, so he plays 1 big and 2 pgs all game. This guys a schmuck.

I commend you for caring so much if they win, still. With their remaining schedule IMO playoffs are remote. For me, losing not only increases draft odds, but it expedites organizational change. Not to bring tanking talk to the game thread, just responding to this post in particular

But, also, I’m with you on the state of the team. I don’t watch anymore. But I still am able to talk about managing it and politicking it on the talk boards. I can compartmentalize those two. The state of the actual team is that I think it will bomb this year with Vlade/Luke, bomb, as the schedule gets tougher
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#10 » by SmellingColors » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:21 am

BoogieTime wrote:Not watching the game but hear Grant is trying his best to talk down Luka and pump up Bagley. Yesterday on his show, which I only occasionally tune in, he was shilling for Bagley being special

Dude is a clown IMO. Totally beholden to the organization somehow. But there is no integrity to him. Maybe the organization is intentionally propagandizing the situation through him

I just tuned into the game for the last couple minutes and Grant said Luka's ridiculously great stats as if they were nothing (22pts, 17asts, 15rbs). Meanwhile, Bagley has 12pts and 6rbs.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:26 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I think I've reached my breaking point. Done investing 7-10 hours of my time every **** week for this ****. NBA is such a damn joke. Fox gets fouled every single play. Not only on offense but all of these horrible moving screens.

I commend you for caring so much if they win, still. With their remaining schedule IMO playoffs are remote. For me, losing not only increases draft odds, but it expedites organizational change. Not to bring tanking talk to the game thread, just responding to this post in particular

But, also, I’m with you on the state of the team. I don’t watch anymore. But I still am able to talk about managing it and politicking it on the talk boards. I can compartmentalize those two. The state of the actual team is that I think it will bomb this year with Vlade/Luke, bomb, as the schedule gets tougher

It's not really only wins or losses. I just want to see them improve. I saw nothing here that shows they have learned from any of their mistakes. Awful defense, no energy, stupid rotations. Nobody improving.

The mavs literally get open 3 after open 3. Wide open layups, non stop 2nd chance points. And outside of fox I haven't seen anyone play with any intensity. We have to work hard on every single possession just to get a halfway decent shot.

Joseph is one of the worst players in the nba. The fact james isnt playing, and it took this long to get yogi minutes is horrible.

Giles and bagley haven't played a minute together. Instead we go small with 2pgs and bjelica at center. Meanwhile we get dominated on the glass.

At this point I'm thinking we literally scrap everything short of Fox and Bagley and start over. Pray that bagley improves with health and fox doesnt ask for a trade. It's just not a winning team. 1 guy on the entire team who can dribble penetrate. Nobody aside from holmes player defense.

Just over it. You are right probably best if we lose every game and get a top draft pick. But knowing the nba we will have top 5 odds, and get jumped 4 times.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:31 am

25, 17,15.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#13 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:32 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

It's not really only wins or losses. I just want to see them improve. I saw nothing here that shows they have learned from any of their mistakes. Awful defense, no energy, stupid rotations. Nobody improving.

The mavs literally get open 3 after open 3. Wide open layups, non stop 2nd chance points. And outside of fox I haven't seen anyone play with any intensity. We have to work hard on every single possession just to get a halfway decent shot.

Joseph is one of the worst players in the nba. The fact james isnt playing, and it took this long to get yogi minutes is horrible.

Giles and bagley haven't played a minute together. Instead we go small with 2pgs and bjelica at center. Meanwhile we get dominated on the glass.

At this point I'm thinking we literally scrap everything short of Fox and Bagley and start over. Pray that bagley improves with health and fox doesnt ask for a trade. It's just not a winning team. 1 guy on the entire team who can dribble penetrate. Nobody aside from holmes player defense.

Just over it. You are right probably best if we lose every game and get a top draft pick. But knowing the nba we will have top 5 odds, and get jumped 4 times.

They’ve quit on the coach. That’s a large part of it. As a last ditch effort I wonder if Vlade is actually going to can Luke and promote Igor
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:38 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

They’ve quit on the coach. That’s a large part of it. As a last ditch effort I wonder if Vlade is actually going to can Luke and promote Igor

The thing is with all these injuries, I'm sure there will be no major changes. We will get our draft pick, hopefully we have better health next year and try it again. I'm praying luke learns how to manage this team, cuz right now it's a joke.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#15 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 am

41 games have passed and the Kings still look like a hot mess.

Luka with an effortless triple double. Damn it Vlade.

Nobody is off limits. Everything is on the table. Should tank and fire Walton and his lackeys. Restart and hope to god that even with our crappy youth program and scouting, we manage to hit something in the draft.

Oh, and Vlade and co has to go as well.

I’m pressing the nuclear button and start from scratch. Hire Hinkie. Give him a blank check and power to do the hell he wants.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:48 am

KF10 wrote:41 games have passed and the Kings still look like a hot mess.

Luka with an effortless triple double. Damn it Vlade.

Nobody is off limits. Everything is on the table. Should tank and fire Walton and his lackeys. Restart and hope to god that even with our crappy youth program and scouting, we manage to hit something in the draft.

Oh, and Vlade and co has to go as well.

I’m pressing the nuclear button and start from scratch. Hire Hinkie. Give him a blank check and power to do the hell he wants.

Vivek is still paying Joerger. Vlade and Walton both have 4 yr deals. Ouch
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#17 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:54 am

City of Trees wrote:Vivek is still paying Joerger. Vlade and Walton both have 4 yr deals. Ouch

Such a piss poor organization from the top and bottom.

They ate their hype and delusions and look at where they are right now.

On pace to win 30 games.

This team might not even make it to 30 wins.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#18 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:02 am

Im onboard with a clean sweep of the front office. Every single person.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#19 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 am

On today’s Sacramento Bee:

Answer: YES
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#20 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:18 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Sacramento Kings