Harry Giles

Moderators: City of Trees, KF10, codydaze

darbstar
Junior
And1: 13

Harry Giles 

Post#1 » by darbstar » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:50 am

How is Harry Giles going?

Why did the Kings not pick up his option for next year?
kalenclayton
Analyst
And1: 902

Re: Harry Giles 

Post#2 » by kalenclayton » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:10 pm

darbstar wrote:How is Harry Giles going?

The FO said that they wanted to make Giles earn it. There were rumors that Giles came into camp overweight as well. That’s about all I have. I thought it was a stupid decision in the first place. I’m not back there making the decisions though.
BoogieTime
Veteran
And1: 1,089

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:57 pm

kalenclayton wrote:

The FO said that they wanted to make Giles earn it. There were rumors that Giles came into camp overweight as well. That’s about all I have. I thought it was a stupid decision in the first place. I’m not back there making the decisions though.

He’s not a center or power forward at this time. Doesn’t have the body or rim protection for center. Athleticism still subpar.

He’s played better recently, but I still don’t think it’s a big loss, yet
SmellingColors
Senior
And1: 67

Post#4 » by SmellingColors » Sun Mar 1, 2020 9:55 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

He’s not a center or power forward at this time. Doesn’t have the body or rim protection for center. Athleticism still subpar.

I can see that, but his passing and vision can really glue a lineup together. His mid-range has been really good the last few games as well. I think that's due more to consistent playing time. His big problem to me is his tendency to foul, but maybe that's because he's undersized for a center.
BoogieTime
Veteran
And1: 1,089

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:43 am

SmellingColors wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:The FO said that they wanted to make Giles earn it. There were rumors that Giles came into camp overweight as well. That’s about all I have. I thought it was a stupid decision in the first place. I’m not back there making the decisions though.

I can see that, but his passing and vision can really glue a lineup together. His mid-range has been really good the last few games as well. I think that's due more to consistent playing time. His big problem to me is his tendency to foul, but maybe that's because he's undersized for a center.

True. He is a good passer with good IQ. He’s a bit of a polarizing player, where I know some fans really love him. I like interior D/Rebounding so, for instance, I’d like Len to get the backup minutes over Harry when Richaun comes back, and would look to retain him (for hopefully around the price as Harry’s last year). But others may feel different

Return to Sacramento Kings