ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to Rebuild Again

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Analyst
Posts: 3,048
And1: 1,116
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Sat Aug 8, 2020 10:53 pm

King Baller wrote:The thing that disappoints me the most in hindsight is that Ronald Burkle does not own the Kings. He made an offer to save the KIngs for Sacramento, however, a conflict of interest as a part-owner of Relativity Sport forced him to drop out.

Burkle co-owns the NHL Pittsburgh Penguins and they won the Stanley Cup a total of 5 times in 1991, 1992, 2009, 2016 and 2017. With this history of success with a pro sports franchise I think the Kings would be in a better place with Burkle as an owner.

Vivek was great to save the KIngs for Sacramento but lacks the experience to be a winner in the NBA IMO. His choices for GM and Coach have not worked out. He had two good Coaches in Malone and Joerger.

He allowed an inexperienced GM Pete D'Allessandro to fire Malone prematurely. Pete D. became known as the "Gerbil" to Kings Fans.

Vlade was allowed to Fire Joerger after the KIngs best season since 2006. Joerger had a Conflict with Kings assistant gm Brandon Williams. Williams was said to have stabbed Joerger in the back repeatedly. Also Williams was the primary force behind the Kings drafting Marvin Bagley over Luka Doncic.

Vlade when hired as KIngs GM offered to step down in two seasons if the KIngs were not in a better place. While KIngs Fans love Vlade as a former player it is time for him to step down as KIngs GM.


Vlade Divac was the primary force of drafting Bagley
King Baller
Pro Prospect
Posts: 936
And1: 133
Joined: Aug 08, 2007

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#22 » by King Baller » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:53 am

BoogieTime wrote:
King Baller wrote:The thing that disappoints me the most in hindsight is that Ronald Burkle does not own the Kings. He made an offer to save the KIngs for Sacramento, however, a conflict of interest as a part-owner of Relativity Sport forced him to drop out.

Burkle co-owns the NHL Pittsburgh Penguins and they won the Stanley Cup a total of 5 times in 1991, 1992, 2009, 2016 and 2017. With this history of success with a pro sports franchise I think the Kings would be in a better place with Burkle as an owner.

Vivek was great to save the KIngs for Sacramento but lacks the experience to be a winner in the NBA IMO. His choices for GM and Coach have not worked out. He had two good Coaches in Malone and Joerger.

He allowed an inexperienced GM Pete D'Allessandro to fire Malone prematurely. Pete D. became known as the "Gerbil" to Kings Fans.

Vlade was allowed to Fire Joerger after the KIngs best season since 2006. Joerger had a Conflict with Kings assistant gm Brandon Williams. Williams was said to have stabbed Joerger in the back repeatedly. Also Williams was the primary force behind the Kings drafting Marvin Bagley over Luka Doncic.

Vlade when hired as KIngs GM offered to step down in two seasons if the KIngs were not in a better place. While KIngs Fans love Vlade as a former player it is time for him to step down as KIngs GM.


Vlade Divac was the primary force of drafting Bagley


Vlade is the GM, the buck stops there.
"I don't want to hear what he can't do. Tell me what the player can do to help us." Bill Walsh
Lost in LA
Junior
Posts: 326
And1: 74
Joined: Jul 09, 2016
       

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#23 » by Lost in LA » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:50 pm

That draft choice alone should require a new GM, Doncic was NBA ready and was clearly an excellent all round talent.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,663
And1: 4,928
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#24 » by KF10 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:58 pm

Vlade and his men were pro-Bagley (and Fox was pro-Bagley in the lead up to the draft too -- which played a big role into the decision making), while Vivek and ownership were pro-Doncic.

Vivek trusted Vlade and let him draft Bagley. Ever since then, there has always been grumblings and chatter in the past year that Vivek isn't happy with Vlade but nothing materializes from it.

If there is a right time for Vivek to meddle in, it is now -- to fire everyone and ride with a new GM.
User avatar
blind prophet
General Manager
Posts: 8,595
And1: 2,429
Joined: Dec 08, 2011
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#25 » by blind prophet » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:33 am

Carmichael Dave is now going by BID, or burn it down on twitter.
BoogieTime
Analyst
Posts: 3,048
And1: 1,116
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#26 » by BoogieTime » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:55 pm

blind prophet wrote:Carmichael Dave is now going by BID, or burn it down on twitter.


Grow the front office?

Vlade needs to be gone period. He doesn’t need an ambassador role
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,663
And1: 4,928
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#27 » by KF10 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Kings are eliminated from the POs.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,986
And1: 2,779
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#28 » by codydaze » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:02 pm

The solution to our troubles is simple. Ricky Ledo.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,986
And1: 2,779
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#29 » by codydaze » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm

On a serious note, I don't think there's any that should not be in the discussion to be moved outside of Fox. I'd probably keep Holmes around as well but everyone else can go. I would definitely be taking calls on Buddy, his contract isn't the greatest but there's no doubt plenty of teams out there would feel they can get something out him with the way he can shoot the ball.

I can't see a realistic situation where Vlade and Luke are gone next year so we just have to live with that and hope we can somehow manage to put a decent roster around Fox while we have the chance.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,663
And1: 4,928
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#30 » by KF10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 pm

codydaze wrote:On a serious note, I don't think there's any that should not be in the discussion to be moved outside of Fox. I'd probably keep Holmes around as well but everyone else can go. I would definitely be taking calls on Buddy, his contract isn't the greatest but there's no doubt plenty of teams out there would feel they can get something out him with the way he can shoot the ball.

I can't see a realistic situation where Vlade and Luke are gone next year so we just have to live with that and hope we can somehow manage to put a decent roster around Fox while we have the chance.


Vlade's and Walton's seat is getting warmer and warmer. I doubt they will plan for a rebuild. They will stick to their guns and rock with the same core.

Walton is going to "check the tape" and won't change his idiotic ways. Vlade is going to do something dumb.

This is the Kings' normal now.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
Posts: 2,068
And1: 292
Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#31 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:14 pm

Why can’t we move fox? He still can’t shoot from distance, watching games it is clear he gets no respect form deep and it causes major issues in our offense. I am a big fox fan but I’d absolutely unload him for the right offer. Rather have trae than fox for example.

What deal works? Not sure, just saying nobody should be untouchable on this roster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#32 » by City of Trees » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:23 am

Fox is going to be a star and the Kings have control of him for the next several years. From what I can tell the relationship is good so why would the Kings gamble by moving him when all logic says to keep the star players you draft. IMO Nothing but positives as far as Fox is concerned.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,663
And1: 4,928
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#33 » by KF10 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:31 pm

If Dumars is the permanent replacement for Vlade, this franchise is so stupid.

What has Dumars done after his 04 Pistons? Dude is Vlade-level BAD after his success.

He is the very definition of living off his past reputation.

The only argument of being a half step better than Vlade is his connections within the NBA similar to when we had Perry as the assistant GM. Dude was hooking us up with network benefits. No one wants to work with Vlade.

The Kings need to look for a new GM. Keep Dumars far away from the decision making role.
Jkam31
Analyst
Posts: 3,443
And1: 2,191
Joined: Feb 23, 2014

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#34 » by Jkam31 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:20 pm

KF10 wrote:If Dumars is the permanent replacement for Vlade, this franchise is so stupid.

What has Dumars done after his 04 Pistons? Dude is Vlade-level BAD after his success.

He is the very definition of living off his past reputation.

The only argument of being a half step better than Vlade is his connections within the NBA similar to when we had Perry as the assistant GM. Dude was hooking us up with network benefits. No one wants to work with Vlade.

The Kings need to look for a new GM. Keep Dumars far away from the decision making role.


Unfortunately no by good or proven will come work under Dumars
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,706
And1: 1,905
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#35 » by SD2042 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:52 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Why can’t we move fox? He still can’t shoot from distance, watching games it is clear he gets no respect form deep and it causes major issues in our offense. I am a big fox fan but I’d absolutely unload him for the right offer. Rather have trae than fox for example.

What deal works? Not sure, just saying nobody should be untouchable on this roster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Fox is in his third year right? If shooting is an issue of his, then why hasn't the Kings took it among themselves get with someone who can help Fox improve his lack of shooting?

Plus I wonder why Fox himself hasn' taken the time out around the offseason to get with a player or a shooting coach to help him improve his shooting issues.

To give up on him would not be the answer for the Kings. In-spite of their incompetence that runs rampant within the organization.

If anything, move on Buddy, Barnes, CoJo, MBIII and see what the Kings can get back in return.

Fire Luke Walton. The guy has no coaching style at all. Build a new direction and hope for the best.
BoogieTime
Analyst
Posts: 3,048
And1: 1,116
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#36 » by BoogieTime » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:46 pm

SD2042 wrote:
jeffjtk1234 wrote:Why can’t we move fox? He still can’t shoot from distance, watching games it is clear he gets no respect form deep and it causes major issues in our offense. I am a big fox fan but I’d absolutely unload him for the right offer. Rather have trae than fox for example.

What deal works? Not sure, just saying nobody should be untouchable on this roster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Fox is in his third year right? If shooting is an issue of his, then why hasn't the Kings took it among themselves get with someone who can help Fox improve his lack of shooting?

Plus I wonder why Fox himself hasn' taken the time out around the offseason to get with a player or a shooting coach to help him improve his shooting issues.

To give up on him would not be the answer for the Kings. In-spite of their incompetence that runs rampant within the organization.

If anything, move on Buddy, Barnes, CoJo, MBIII and see what the Kings can get back in return.

Fire Luke Walton. The guy has no coaching style at all. Build a new direction and hope for the best.


What does the Kings “incompetence that runs rampant” have to do with Fox? Is that just a barb from you?

Fox has extensively worked on his shot in his off time

What would be the point of moving MB3 now?
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,540
And1: 3,568
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#37 » by City of Trees » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:46 am

The rebuild needs to be laser focused on the front office.

The roster shouldn't be touched until the front office is bolstered with heavy hitters at every level.

Kings arent going anywhere unless they wipe the slate clean and get it right upstairs.
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 587
And1: 89
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#38 » by SmellingColors » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:34 pm

City of Trees wrote:The rebuild needs to be laser focused on the front office.

The roster shouldn't be touched until the front office is bolstered with heavy hitters at every level.

Kings arent going anywhere unless they wipe the slate clean and get it right upstairs.


Couldn't agree more. This is a FO issue that translates to the court. Treat the illness at the source. Then treat the symptoms after.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 16,342
And1: 168
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: Sacramento, Ca
     

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#39 » by ICMTM » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:33 am

The problem with the Kings:

Signing Harrison Barnes to a big contract. He's not that good. He sometimes shows up...he sometimes disappears.
Buddy Hield is even more inconsistent. He doesn't play defense. He dribbled his sandwich order off his leg, too! He doesn't have handles.
Bogdan is a combo guard. He handles the rock way too much. He doesn't have elite athleticism. Gets burned on defense as well.

And this is the problem with the Kings. The wing players SUCK. Before we traded for Barnes we had Shumpert and Jackson on the wing. They were + defenders and all they did was three and D. The three wings above are And1 ISO ball relics. Barnes is a good defender but Hield and Bogdanovich aren't. If we can turn that into 1 legit All Star player, an "Iman Shumpert" type, and a Danny Green type we're winning!

You literally can track our wins to whether those three shoot well or not. They aren't consistent enough as scorers for this style of basketball to be sustainable.

Other King issues

Marvin Bagley's lack of health. I do see 20/10 from him. If you look at the list of 20/10 guys who have played in the NBA you see a list of HOF players. Unfortunately for us the 20/10 player Bagley most resembles at the moment is Blake Griffin. I don't think Doncic and Fox are a good pair. Doncic is too ball dominant and Fox doesn't shoot it well enough to play off the ball. In fact I am tired of hearing Kings fans or media bring up the pick.

Vlade Divac is gone. I say he was a middle of the road GM. It sounds like his attitude was my way/highway. He at least stuck to his word and is on the highway. He got some wrong and some right. We're better now than we have been since Ron Artest was here. Although not the goal at least we were trending closer to .500

With that we do not need a full rebuild. We need:

*Fox to continue to get better
*Bagley to be who we hoped he would be (for me Chris Bosh is fair).
*Turn all the other roster pieces into a legit 2 or 3 wing.

If we can keep Alex Len I'd like that, too!
In Divac We Trust!
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,396
And1: 1,555
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Time to Rebuild Again 

Post#40 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter


I would be on board with this.

Return to Sacramento Kings