ImageImageImageImageImage

Doc Rivers fired

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,580
And1: 3,580
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Doc Rivers fired 

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:58 am

Another big name coach hits the unemployment line. Interesting fact is Doc signed an extension last year.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,693
And1: 4,963
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Doc Rivers fired 

Post#2 » by KF10 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:51 am

Rivers is an overrated coach.

Dude's main attribute is motivating his guys. Poor X&O's guy. Rivers would be decent as an assistant coach. But not as the main guy.

Needs a good roster to carry him.

I steer clear from this guy.
RipPizzaGuy
General Manager
Posts: 9,968
And1: 5,986
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: Doc Rivers fired 

Post#3 » by RipPizzaGuy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:33 am

KF10 wrote:Rivers is an overrated coach.

Dude's main attribute is motivating his guys. Poor X&O's guy. Rivers would be decent as an assistant coach. But not as the main guy.

Needs a good roster to carry him.

I steer clear from this guy.
While I agree he gets too much credit, he is a great regular season coach. I would think he could get the most out of this squad and could command respect from our guys. I wouldn't mind letting him coach the team for 3-4 years and building us up.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,693
And1: 4,963
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: Doc Rivers fired 

Post#4 » by KF10 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:57 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
KF10 wrote:Rivers is an overrated coach.

Dude's main attribute is motivating his guys. Poor X&O's guy. Rivers would be decent as an assistant coach. But not as the main guy.

Needs a good roster to carry him.

I steer clear from this guy.
While I agree he gets too much credit, he is a great regular season coach. I would think he could get the most out of this squad and could command respect from our guys. I wouldn't mind letting him coach the team for 3-4 years and building us up.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app


He’s fools gold, imo.

He is fine with the motivation stuff and stroking player’s egos but dude will crash hard if he manages a poor/lotto team like the Kings. There is a reason why a lot of the fans where Doc coached has turned on him and didn’t mind when he got outed.

I’ll look elsewhere.

Ride with Walton for another season and let him lead the tank.
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,459
And1: 1,575
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Doc Rivers fired 

Post#5 » by nolang1 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 9:46 pm

KF10 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
KF10 wrote:Rivers is an overrated coach.

Dude's main attribute is motivating his guys. Poor X&O's guy. Rivers would be decent as an assistant coach. But not as the main guy.

Needs a good roster to carry him.

I steer clear from this guy.
While I agree he gets too much credit, he is a great regular season coach. I would think he could get the most out of this squad and could command respect from our guys. I wouldn't mind letting him coach the team for 3-4 years and building us up.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app


He’s fools gold, imo.

He is fine with the motivation stuff and stroking player’s egos but dude will crash hard if he manages a poor/lotto team like the Kings. There is a reason why a lot of the fans where Doc coached has turned on him and didn’t mind when he got outed.

I’ll look elsewhere.

Ride with Walton for another season and let him lead the tank.


That's a somewhat weird comment to make considering Rivers is the only coach to win COY with a team that didn't make the playoffs. Last year's Clippers team obviously overachieved a great deal as well. He's just achieved enough at this point that he'd rather not coach a rebuilding team, but that doesn't mean he'd be bad at it. The fact of the matter is that most NBA coaches are more or less competent in terms of Xs and Os and don't make a huge impact on a team's record.

Return to Sacramento Kings