ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings off season FA thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Re: Kings off season FA thread 

Post#21 » by SmellingColors » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:00 pm

codydaze wrote:Assuming we don't match Bogi's offer sheet, our depth chart is looking like:

Fox/Joseph/Guy
Hield/Haliburton/Ramsey
Barnes/Jeffries/Woodard
Bagley/Bjelica
Holmes

I'd like to see us round out the roster with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Kyle O'Quinn. I could see both guys getting interest elsewhere but I think they'd fit into what it looks like we're trying to build. RHJ gives us a versatile defensive guy that would slot in as the 3rd PF, maybe some spot minutes at SF as well. KOQ gives us another hustle guy and good veteran presence behind Holmes.

Was about to post our depth chart after I saw Len signed with the Raptors, but you beat me to it. Would have liked to bring Len back as a backup big. I think you forgot Jabari Parker, too?

I think the biggest issue right now is our lack of height at Center. We played so much better with a large body like Len's holding it down, setting solid screens, and being a defensive presence especially with a shooter like Bjelica at the 4.

But if we're throwing this season out to develop assets, what about taking a flyer on Thon Maker? I admittedly haven't seen much good from him when I've watched, but he's still 7'0" and only 23. With a lack of depth at the 5 and no urgency to make the playoffs, he could get some run and see if there's anything there.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:00 pm

KF10 wrote:Len has signed with the Raptors.

Read on Twitter

Damn. I wanted him back.

Whiteside is still out here...
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,509

Post#23 » by codydaze » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 pm

SmellingColors wrote:
codydaze wrote:Assuming we don't match Bogi's offer sheet, our depth chart is looking like:

Fox/Joseph/Guy
Hield/Haliburton/Ramsey
Barnes/Jeffries/Woodard
Bagley/Bjelica
Holmes

I'd like to see us round out the roster with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Kyle O'Quinn. I could see both guys getting interest elsewhere but I think they'd fit into what it looks like we're trying to build. RHJ gives us a versatile defensive guy that would slot in as the 3rd PF, maybe some spot minutes at SF as well. KOQ gives us another hustle guy and good veteran presence behind Holmes.

Was about to post our depth chart after I saw Len signed with the Raptors, but you beat me to it. Would have liked to bring Len back as a backup big. I think you forgot Jabari Parker, too?

I think the biggest issue right now is our lack of height at Center. We played so much better with a large body like Len's holding it down, setting solid screens, and being a defensive presence especially with a shooter like Bjelica at the 4.

But if we're throwing this season out to develop assets, what about taking a flyer on Thon Maker? I admittedly haven't seen much good from him when I've watched, but he's still 7'0" and only 23. With a lack of depth at the 5 and no urgency to make the playoffs, he could get some run and see if there's anything there.

You're right, I totally forgot about Parker. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense with that in mind. Kyle O'Quinn and John Henson are the two guys I'd like to look at personally. I would've liked to bring Len back as well but not really the end of the world that he isn't coming back, he did play well for us though.

I'm not a huge Thon Maker fan, it wouldn't be the worst move since we're just talking about soaking up minutes at the 5 that are left after Holmes/Bagley but it's not a move I'd be too thrilled about.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by SmellingColors » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:29 pm

codydaze wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:

Fox/Joseph/Guy
Hield/Haliburton/Ramsey
Barnes/Jeffries/Woodard
Bagley/Bjelica
Holmes

You're right, I totally forgot about Parker. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense with that in mind. Kyle O'Quinn and John Henson are the two guys I'd like to look at personally. I would've liked to bring Len back as well but not really the end of the world that he isn't coming back, he did play well for us though.

I'm not a huge Thon Maker fan, it wouldn't be the worst move since we're just talking about soaking up minutes at the 5 that are left after Holmes/Bagley but it's not a move I'd be too thrilled about.

I'm not a fan really either, I was just looking at UFA Centers and he's one of the only ones with size that's in an age range I'd be interested in.

Then again, maybe we want to hold down the center spot with vets to give our guards more of the focus on development. Idk. That 5 spot is tricky to find inspiring options outside of a trade.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#25 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 pm

SmellingColors wrote:
codydaze wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:

I'm not a fan really either, I was just looking at UFA Centers and he's one of the only ones with size that's in an age range I'd be interested in.

Then again, maybe we want to hold down the center spot with vets to give our guards more of the focus on development. Idk. That 5 spot is tricky to find inspiring options outside of a trade.

Man that depth chart is depressing. AS of now, I would not give Joseph/Parker a single minute..

Guards - Fox, Buddy, Ramsey, Haliburton
Fowards - Barnes, Bagley, Woodard, Jefferies, Bjelica
Center - Holmes

Add 1 center and call it a day.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#26 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:18 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Man that depth chart is depressing. AS of now, I would not give Joseph/Parker a single minute..

Center - Holmes

Not depressing to me at all. I want Daquan, Woodard, and Ramsey to get minutes. Ramsey is probably more of a development type now but the other two need to play. And I also want Holmes to get minutes without he and Bagley having to play together. 3 main bigs will do the trick.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#27 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:23 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:

Center - Holmes

Not depressing to me at all. I want Daquan, Woodard, and Ramsey to get minutes. Ramsey is probably more of a development type now but the other two need to play. And I also want Holmes to get minutes without he and Bagley having to play together. 3 main bigs will do the trick.

Depressing in the sense that we are probably going to sign Whiteside, and then play Parker, Whiteside, and Joseph all bigish minutes. Id prefer to just cut those guys, and sign a bunch of guys like Thon, Frank Jackson, RHJ, and see if any of them can work out.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#28 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:25 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Center - Holmes

Depressing in the sense that we are probably going to sign Whiteside, and then play Parker, Whiteside, and Joseph all bigish minutes. Id prefer to just cut those guys, and sign a bunch of guys like Thon, Frank Jackson, RHJ, and see if any of them can work out.

OK, now that would be depressing. :lol:
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,509

Post#29 » by codydaze » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:39 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Center - Holmes

I don't see how Parker would be expected to play hardly any minutes, he wasn't even in the rotation last year and is behind the same group this year, with Bagley even getting minutes at the 4 as well. Between Holmes/Bagley, I don't see a lot of minutes at the 5 available so not too worried about it and I don't really mind giving CoJo minutes honestly.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#30 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:50 pm

codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I don't see how Parker would be expected to play hardly any minutes, he wasn't even in the rotation last year and is behind the same group this year, with Bagley even getting minutes at the 4 as well. Between Holmes/Bagley, I don't see a lot of minutes at the 5 available so not too worried about it and I don't really mind giving CoJo minutes honestly.

Didn't Parker come in with an injury? And then as the season went on he played a lot more at the end of the bubble? I get that we were kinda out by then and Bagley was injured but still. This is a guy whose averaged 24mpg, and I'd never put it passed Luke to play his "vets."

I hate the thought of playing Joseph. Much rather let Haliburton cover those backup pg minutes.

I expect -

Whiteside (26) Holmes (22)
Bagley (26) Bjelica (22)
Barnes (34) Parker (14)
Buddy (30) Haliburton (18)
Fox (32) Joseph (16)

I prefer

Holmes (28) Bagley (20)
Bagley (10) Bjelica (24) Barnes (14)
Barnes (18) Woodard (18) Jefferies (12)
Buddy (30) Haliburton (8) Ramsey (10)
Fox (34) Haliburton (14)

And if Ramsey starts the league in the g-league, then give extra minutes to Haliburton and Justin James.

Hope I'm wrong.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#31 » by dozencousins » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm

DMC singning with the Rockets
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#32 » by KF10 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:23 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by KF10 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:27 am

Read on Twitter
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#34 » by dozencousins » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:07 am

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
3 minutes ago
The Sacramento Kings have declined to match the Atlanta Hawks’ four-year, $72 million offer sheet for restricted free agent guard Bogdan Bogdanovic, sources tell ESPN.

Dammit !
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#35 » by dozencousins » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:09 am

Please trade Buddy as well ! He is all about himself and not the team !
dozencousins
Analyst

Post#36 » by dozencousins » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 am

With Bogi gone & limited cap the kind of free agents we should be looking at are youngsters such as

Jordan Bell
Glen Robinson III
Thon Maker

etc.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#37 » by KF10 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#38 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:54 am

Read on Twitter

It looks like McNair is looking for guys that are reliable, quality defenders.

There is a pattern here.

I like this trend.

If you squint your eyes, Whiteside is a big time shot blocker and rebounder who can affect the game in this way.

You can see this trend in his draft choices in the second round too.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by SmellingColors » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:07 am

KF10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

There is a pattern here.

I like this trend.

If you squint your eyes, Whiteside is a big time shot blocker and rebounder who can affect the game in this way.

I really wish we had gotten Derrick Jones. Wing player that has athleticism and defense, only 23, and a wing.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#40 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:03 am

SmellingColors wrote:
KF10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

There is a pattern here.

I like this trend.

I really wish we had gotten Derrick Jones. Wing player that has athleticism and defense, only 23, and a wing.

I'm not sure hes a great fit with Fox/Bagley just because he isn't really a shooter, but we probably had a home for him on the bench. The thing is it was likely going to cost us 12+ annually. Hes going to be a big minute player for the Blazers off the bench with a chance of starting if Collins misses time.

Return to Sacramento Kings