ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#1441 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 17, 2022 5:30 am

blind prophet wrote:I'm curious about your thoughts on this guys.

Pretend for a moment you are one of the other 29 GM's in the league. Monte calls you up to make a deal and you know at least for the time being he is a lame duck without a contract after this season.

Does that imply any desperation?

Would you ask for more?

Is this going to make his job harder?
It's fun to think about, but I really don't think this stuff has much impact. I remember when GS was trying to sign durant and had to dump Bogut, I was certain nobody would take him cheap. Dallas comes in and does exactly that.

I think majority of gms are making moves that they feel are best for their team and don't think about what's happening on the other side.

Still think it's dumb to leave him as a lame duck after signing Brown to a 4 year deal (which itself was dumb)

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1442 » by gobullschi » Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm

Bulls fan - looking for some cheap depth in the front court. Do you have any interest in a TPE?

Trey Lyles for TPE?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1443 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 17, 2022 8:02 pm

gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan - looking for some cheap depth in the front court. Do you have any interest in a TPE?

Trey Lyles for TPE?

Id imagine we hold onto Lyles (or use him in a bigger salary matching trade). Any interest in one Alex Len?
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1444 » by gobullschi » Tue May 17, 2022 8:11 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan - looking for some cheap depth in the front court. Do you have any interest in a TPE?

Trey Lyles for TPE?

Id imagine we hold onto Lyles (or use him in a bigger salary matching trade). Any interest in one Alex Len?

Personally- not interested in Alex Len, but I’m not that familiar with his game.

The intrigue with Lyles was adding some three point shooting to the front court at a low cost. It looked like there wasn’t much room for him in your rotation from afar.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1445 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 17, 2022 9:43 pm

gobullschi wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Trey Lyles for TPE?

Personally- not interested in Alex Len, but I’m not that familiar with his game.

The intrigue with Lyles was adding some three point shooting to the front court at a low cost. It looked like there wasn’t much room for him in your rotation from afar.

Our front court is pretty empty right now. I think Holmes is gone at some point this off-season. Right now the team is

Sabonis/Jones?
?????/Lyles
Barnes/???
DDV?//Holiday/Davis
Fox/Mitchell

So Lyles/Barnes are really our only forwards. I'm not against moving Lyles, but until we are able to add some forwards via draft, free agency, or trade, I cant see us just giving Lyles away.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#1446 » by Silver Man » Wed May 18, 2022 2:04 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Our front court is pretty empty right now. I think Holmes is gone at some point this off-season. Right now the team is

Sabonis/Jones?
?????/Lyles
Barnes/???
DDV?//Holiday/Davis
Fox/Mitchell

So Lyles/Barnes are really our only forwards. I'm not against moving Lyles, but until we are able to add some forwards via draft, free agency, or trade, I cant see us just giving Lyles away.

Also have Metu returning not that thats too much.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#1447 » by blind prophet » Wed May 18, 2022 2:10 am

Silver Man wrote:

Metu has a lot to prove, but he also has a lot of basic tools as well.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1448 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 18, 2022 2:26 am

blind prophet wrote:
Silver Man wrote:

Metu has a lot to prove, but he also has a lot of basic tools as well.

Ya but I don't think we can count on Metu being in the opening day rotation if we want to truly compete. If he ends up earning a spot then fantastic.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1449 » by City of Trees » Wed May 18, 2022 4:00 am

I'm comfortable shopping Fox again for the right return.

Davion is a guy I wouldnt mind putting in a Marcus Smart type of role.

Insert Davion who is more than ready, balance the roster with a Fox trade, draft young blood (Sharpe or Ivey)

If I'm Monte I run this scenario with my FO team.

Edit:

For instance a trade built around Fox for OG

Davion
Ivey
OG
Barnes
Sabonis

This scenario leans heavily on Ivey becoming a top flight scorer but you can see the core forming around defense and playmaking. Barnes is the next one gone as I'd turn my attention to finding Sabonis his counterpart
Silver Man
Starter

Post#1450 » by Silver Man » Wed May 18, 2022 2:19 pm

City of Trees wrote:I'm comfortable shopping Fox again for the right return.

Davion is a guy I wouldnt mind putting in a Marcus Smart type of role.

Insert Davion who is more than ready, balance the roster with a Fox trade, draft young blood (Sharpe or Ivey)

If I'm Monte I run this scenario with my FO team.

Edit:

For instance a trade built around Fox for OG

Davion
Ivey
OG
Barnes
Sabonis

This scenario leans heavily on Ivey becoming a top flight scorer but you can see the core forming around defense and playmaking. Barnes is the next one gone as I'd turn my attention to finding Sabonis his counterpart

While I agree with the concept of trading Fox I just can't see us trading Haliburton and then 6 months later trading Fox as well. It was one or the other not both.
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 429

Post#1451 » by Magicman125 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:22 pm

I ran this idea by the Philly board and think it could be beneficial for both teams, but how would you all feel about:

PHI sends: Tobias Harris and Thybulle
SAC sends: Barnes, Holmes, Holiday, and Lyles

I think an argument could be made for pick compensation to be sent from PHI to SAC in the realm of 2 2nds or 1 1st in addition to the players being sent.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1452 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 18, 2022 3:57 pm

Magicman125 wrote:I ran this idea by the Philly board and think it could be beneficial for both teams, but how would you all feel about:

I think an argument could be made for pick compensation to be sent from PHI to SAC in the realm of 2 2nds or 1 1st in addition to the players being sent.
Say no to Tobias.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1453 » by City of Trees » Wed May 18, 2022 4:33 pm

Magicman125 wrote:I ran this idea by the Philly board and think it could be beneficial for both teams, but how would you all feel about:

I'd say no. Philly will have a difficult time paying Thybulle so I see him on the move but he isn't worth taking Harris.
Silver Man
Starter

Post#1454 » by Silver Man » Wed May 18, 2022 4:52 pm

Absolutely no interest in Harris with him collecting $37,633,050 next year and $39,270,150 the following year. That would be a disastrous decision for us especially not getting future picks back.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1455 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 18, 2022 5:08 pm

City of Trees wrote:I'd say no. Philly will have a difficult time paying Thybulle so I see him on the move but he isn't worth taking Harris.

I think some of the hype around Thybulle has faded as well. He's just too much of a liability on the floor. Its incredibly difficult to play a 2/3 those kind of minutes when defenses have to pay zero attention to them. His playoff minutes tanked as he just couldn't be trusted.

I think he could be had for far cheaper than this type of trade.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1456 » by City of Trees » Wed May 18, 2022 5:14 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I'd say no. Philly will have a difficult time paying Thybulle so I see him on the move but he isn't worth taking Harris.

I think some of the hype around Thybulle has faded as well. He's just too much of a liability on the floor. Its incredibly difficult to play a 2/3 those kind of minutes when defenses have to pay zero attention to them. His playoff minutes tanked as he just couldn't be trusted.

I saw a Philly based sixers page came up with Thybulle to the Kings for 33/Holiday. I'll look for the link.
Silver Man
Starter

Post#1457 » by Silver Man » Wed May 18, 2022 5:39 pm

City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I saw a Philly based sixers page came up with Thybulle to the Kings for 33/Holiday. I'll look for the link.

This I would definitely do.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1458 » by City of Trees » Wed May 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Silver Man wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Found it.

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/17/new-mock-trade-has-sixers-sending-matisse-thybulle-to-kings-in-a-deal/
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#1459 » by codydaze » Wed May 18, 2022 6:02 pm

Silver Man wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Yeah if you can get Thybulle that cheap then I think it's a no brainer.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#1460 » by BoogieTime » Wed May 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Holiday is a pretty useless player, I'd be surprised if he carried much value, but sure

Return to Sacramento Kings