ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 616

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#1461 » by sackings916 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:44 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Holiday is a pretty useless player, I'd be surprised if he carried much value, but sure

How are you coming to this conclusion? He’s always been a solid shooter and defender.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,773

Post#1462 » by BoogieTime » Wed May 18, 2022 8:02 pm

sackings916 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Holiday is a pretty useless player, I'd be surprised if he carried much value, but sure

How are you coming to this conclusion? He’s always been a solid shooter and defender.

Having the displeasure of watching him here. I'd take someone absorbing him into their space, but as I said I'd love to move him for value in a perfect world
sackings916
Assistant Coach

Post#1463 » by sackings916 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:07 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
sackings916 wrote:

Having the displeasure of watching him here. I'd take someone absorbing him into their space, but as I said I'd love to move him for value in a perfect world

25 game sample size isn’t sufficient to say Holiday is a useless player. Especially after a midseason trade and having to adjust to a new team, system, city, etc
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,104

Post#1464 » by OxAndFox » Mon May 23, 2022 10:20 am

sackings916 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
sackings916 wrote:

25 game sample size isn’t sufficient to say Holiday is a useless player. Especially after a midseason trade and having to adjust to a new team, system, city, etc

The biggest factor was coaching when he got here. There was none.
So, wait until next season after we signed Brown so there is sure to be...ummm...oh crap.
sackings916
Assistant Coach

Post#1465 » by sackings916 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:40 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
sackings916 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

So, wait until next season after we signed Brown so there is sure to be...ummm...oh crap.

I think the biggest factor was he just went thru a cold stretch. Basketball and especially shooting is high variance, I think it was likely with a bigger sample size he would’ve regressed back to his normal 37-40% from 3 which was where he was at the last few years.
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,104

Post#1466 » by OxAndFox » Tue May 24, 2022 2:21 am

sackings916 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
sackings916 wrote:

I think the biggest factor was he just went thru a cold stretch. Basketball and especially shooting is high variance, I think it was likely with a bigger sample size he would’ve regressed back to his normal 37-40% from 3 which was where he was at the last few years.

That was definitely A factor.
Why I say coaching is, I believe it was the inconsistency in any sort of offensive system that saw him get hot one game, then cold, rinse and repeat.
That inconsistency is only going to lead to cold streaks (see almost all of March). The hot streak does come and it did over the last 5 games (12/19 from 3).
The scary thing about Holiday is that he will be going into this next season, barring a trade, with almost the same offensive system around him, none. So continue to expect to see the inconsistent shooting from him. That isn't cold streaks. It's

He has some actions off Sabonis that are good from their time in Indiana, but apart from that I don't see any way that he can thrive. When you add in that he isn't a true difference maker on the defensive end, I'm afraid Holiday is going to have another frustrating season.
A player and shooter like Holiday isn't going to be effective nor consistent without a built-in system that gets him shots. There simply isn't one in Sacramento and doesn't look likely to be one next season. Guys who can create either for themself or others will be good. Fox/Mitchell/Sabonis/Barnes (when he doesn't dribble it off his knee)/TD.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1467 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:03 am

I was researching previous trades and ran across this nugget:

Rockets

Traded • Thomas Robinson to Blazers for • rights to Kostas Papanikolaou • rights to Marko Todorovic • 2015 second round pick (less favorable of Nuggets, Timberwolves) (#37-Richaun Holmes) • 2017 second round pick (#45-Dillon Brooks) on 2013-07-10

Blazers traded two future 2nds that turned into Richaun Holmes + Dillon Brooks for T Rob. Amazing.
ArizonaKnicks
Ballboy
And1: 24

Post#1468 » by ArizonaKnicks » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:17 am

It's probably been posted- I wanted to see Kings fans reaction for moving the #4 pick to the Knicks on draft night.

Does Immanuel Quickley, Pick #11, Dallas 2023 1st, and a protect future Knicks 1st for the 4th pick engage you guys at all?

Is there any salary dump opportunities, that the Kings might want to look into as well?
AJ Griffin is NOT the answer in this year's draft. Those damaged knees are going to give us all Antonio McDyess flashbacks.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#1469 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:24 am

ArizonaKnicks wrote:It's probably been posted- I wanted to see Kings fans reaction for moving the #4 pick to the Knicks on draft night.

Does Immanuel Quickley, Pick #11, Dallas 2023 1st, and a protect future Knicks 1st for the 4th pick engage you guys at all?

Is there any salary dump opportunities, that the Kings might want to look into as well?

IQ is a fine player but trading down for him doesn't address Sacramento's roster needs. Financially, the Kings don't have any bad contracts they want to dump. I see the Kings showing little to no interest in your proposal.
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#1470 » by Madd Squabbles » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:04 pm

I have a trade proposal for you guys. I'm wondering if you would do this trade. And if not, what would it realistically take (even though this is the most that I would give up just to move up 4 spots)

Pelicans get:

SAC #4

Kings get:

Pels #8

2 Future FRPs (next year Pels have the option of swapping with the Lakers but I would top 5 protect this pick)

Jaxson Hayes (former lottery pick, 6'11" athletic power forward that has 3-point range but is on expiring contract)
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,570

Post#1471 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:14 pm

Madd Squabbles wrote:I have a trade proposal for you guys. I'm wondering if you would do this trade. And if not, what would it realistically take (even though this is the most that I would give up just to move up 4 spots)

Pelicans get:

SAC #4

Kings get:

Pels #8

2 Future FRPs (next year Pels have the option of swapping with the Lakers but I would top 5 protect this pick)

Jaxson Hayes (former lottery pick, 6'11" athletic power forward that has 3-point range but is on expiring contract)

Not interested in any type of deal like this.

Hayes has no role in Sacramento, and just got 3 years probation. He is negative value to us. And we aren't in a place to push the 4th overall pick down the road for future value.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#1472 » by Madd Squabbles » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:51 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:I have a trade proposal for you guys. I'm wondering if you would do this trade. And if not, what would it realistically take (even though this is the most that I would give up just to move up 4 spots)

Pelicans get:

SAC #4

Kings get:

Pels #8

Hayes has no role in Sacramento, and just got 3 years probation. He is negative value to us. And we aren't in a place to push the 4th overall pick down the road for future value.

Do you have a counter that's reasonably based on reality? :)
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1473 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:22 pm

Madd Squabbles wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Pelicans get:

SAC #4

Kings get:

Pels #8

Aside from Ingram/Zion which are obviously not realistic, there isn't much from the Pelicans I like aside from Murphy and Herb Jones.

Jones was a realgm darling last year, and some Kings fans like the idea of Jones + 8 for #4. I'm not a huge fan of that. I like Jones, seems like an awesome role player type, can possibly become similar to what DFS is in Dallas. I think the Kings need a higher upside guy than that if we are moving #4.

I'm just not seeing the 2 teams as a good fit. Both are trying to win.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#1474 » by Madd Squabbles » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:40 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Aside from Ingram/Zion which are obviously not realistic, there isn't much from the Pelicans I like aside from Murphy and Herb Jones.

Jones was a realgm darling last year, and some Kings fans like the idea of Jones + 8 for #4. I'm not a huge fan of that. I like Jones, seems like an awesome role player type, can possibly become similar to what DFS is in Dallas. I think the Kings need a higher upside guy than that if we are moving #4.

Wow! Not even Trey Murphy and/or Herb Jones and no amount of future FRPs could convince you to move down 4 spots!?! You drive a tough bargain.

Looks like we would not be able to hammer out a deal here. I don't believe the Pels would trade Herb Jones in this trade. He is too much of a fan favorite. Possibly Trey Murphy but I wouldn't trade him either, to be honest.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1475 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:50 pm

Madd Squabbles wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:

Wow! Not even Trey Murphy and/or Herb Jones and no amount of future FRPs could convince you to move down 4 spots!?! You drive a tough bargain.

Looks like we would not be able to hammer out a deal here. I don't believe the Pels would trade Herb Jones in this trade. He is too much of a fan favorite. Possibly Trey Murphy but I wouldn't trade him either, to be honest.

Well that's kind of the point.

Sure I would take Herb + Murphy + 8 for #4 + Holiday. The value is great. But I don't think the Pelicans should/would do that, which is why I don't see it as a good fit.

Kings should either draft at #4
trade down to 5 or 6 at the latest
trade the pick entirely + more if a guy like Donovan Mitchell becomes available

trading down to 7-12 with future 1sts does not fit the direction of this team. They want to make the playoffs next year, regardless if it looks realistic or not that is the teams goal.
Madd Squabbles
Junior

Post#1476 » by Madd Squabbles » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:54 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Well that's kind of the point.

Sure I would take Herb + Murphy + 8 for #4 + Holiday. The value is great. But I don't think the Pelicans should/would do that, which is why I don't see it as a good fit.

Kings should either draft at #4
trade down to 5 or 6 at the latest
trade the pick entirely + more if a guy like Donovan Mitchell becomes available

trading down to 7-12 with future 1sts does not fit the direction of this team. They want to make the playoffs next year, regardless if it looks realistic or not that is the teams goal.

I get it. Thanks for playing :)
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#1477 » by vtime » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:32 am

Would you guys take Kuzma and #10 for the 4 pick? Would that get you in the playoffs?
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#1478 » by kb02 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:33 am

vtime wrote:Would you guys take Kuzma and #10 for the 4 pick? Would that get you in the playoffs?

If Banchero is not available at 4, I would do Kuz, Deni, and #10 for 4. Though it sounds like the Kings are looking for a whole lot more than that to move down.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,529

Re: Draft Thread - Kings move up to #4 

Post#1479 » by codydaze » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:59 pm

Shams reporting Mcnair has been looking at a trade for John Collins that doesn't include the 4 pick. I wonder what that package would look like?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Draft Thread - Kings move up to #4 

Post#1480 » by City of Trees » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:39 pm

codydaze wrote:Shams reporting Mcnair has been looking at a trade for John Collins that doesn't include the 4 pick. I wonder what that package would look like?
Ham says the two teams were close to a deal for Collins at the deadline, but in the end ATL backed off. My guess is Barnes + a future protected 1st.

Return to Sacramento Kings