The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,669

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#1521 » by SelfishPlayer » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:17 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:Barnes is a win now sort of player, the Kings are nowhere close to winning now. So a trade to the Sixers for Thybulle, Korkmaz, and Danny Green.
"Your team isn't that good, give me a good player for free"

Sixers want to win now, Maxey is young and full of mistakes.

S&T DDV for maxey.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app

Wrong. Tyrese Maxey has one of the best career assist to turnover ratios in NBA history.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,137

Post#1522 » by OxAndFox » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:58 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
The point you're missing is all of this is to help them retain Miles Bridges. It doesn't stipulate in the original report they want to get off all of Hayward's money.
If they're expecting someone to take Hayward into cap space, which is fair and reasonable to ask for, it's going to cost them a lot more than #13/#15.
The teams that do have space and will use some of it, because Detroit is the only one that can take all of Hayward back, will want to dump unwanted salary which none of them really have, except maybe Buddy at the Pacers.

I am sure Monte has made phone calls and I would say his first offer would be something like I mentioned. If that's not good enough there of course is room to move, EVERY negotiation has this.
What I don't believe is Monte is going to shoot his shot and add $60m to the payroll and then go and try and acquire more win now pieces such as Collins which adds even more.

No no.. i very much understand the point is to dump salary to retain bridges. I just can't continue repeating myself. If you think saving 4 million + adding Holmes is worth 13 & 15, I genuinely hope you are right. But I'd bet my house it's not. And that there are plenty of teams who would save them more than 4 million without blinking an eye. I'd bet 13 + 15 + Hayward gets you Myles Turner and a hell of a lot more cap space than the kings can offer.

Absolutely, you're correct if the Pacers want to do that. I highly doubt they would trade Turner for these two picks and $60m for Hayward when they have Brogdan on the team. Could be more than $120m for the two to sit in street clothes most of the time. Which owner would put their hand up for that?
I would think that deal would have been made already had it been on the table for the Hornets considering there are literally only 4 teams that can take serious money on and the draft is coming up quickly. The Pacers, Pistons, Magic, Spurs won't want the Hornets drafting for them. In all of these scenarios though, said team that has cap space may, or may not, want to squeeze Miles Bridges away for themselves so the price is going to be high. All of these teams could use Bridges and would certainly fit in nicely. It may happen, it may not. All of these teams have different things going on and perhaps something gets done just before the draft or the Pacers/Pistons/Spurs/Magic are waiting to see who is available. We don't know, but because there hasn't been a deal means these teams are balking at the price.

And, I have not once said the Kings can save the Hornets the most money. I don't get why you keep quoting $4m like it's a gotcha moment for you. Congrats. :clap: Change it to the least amount of money the Hornets can legally take back.

The largest TPE is $20m currently, so $25m in theory. So it's either the teams with space or similar deals to the Kings which is also limited because of the number of expiring contracts, plus they can use Holmes over multiple years on a very reasonable deal, and at least someone like Holiday will be on the court.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#1523 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=ntC77kaRGA3pSH3WeTDHsA
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#1524 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:20 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=ntC77kaRGA3pSH3WeTDHsA
Like I said in the other thread, I pretty much dismiss 2nds on sac at this point. Not bothered by this. We know Vivek is cheap, so if he can make a few million selling a late pick then I'm fine with it.

Glad we didn't sell 37 for this though.

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#1525 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:35 pm

Kings are still rumored to be the leader for John Collins. It will definitely change the focus of the draft from Murray if they get this done.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#1526 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:44 pm

If they do I figure they stand pat and take Ivey. It makes sense and there are other trades to be done before the season.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1527 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:49 pm

I'll still eat my shorts if we can get him without the 4th pick or overpaying, but just the fact that he is being pursued like this makes you question how in on Murray the Kings are. Might be a slight move down from the 4th pick, we will see
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1528 » by City of Trees » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:57 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Kings are still rumored to be the leader for John Collins. It will definitely change the focus of the draft from Murray if they get this done.
Amick said as of last night the Hawks felt the Kings offer was underwhelming. So much posturing on this one.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1529 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:08 pm

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Kings are still rumored to be the leader for John Collins. It will definitely change the focus of the draft from Murray if they get this done.
Amick said as of last night the Hawks felt the Kings offer was underwhelming. So much posturing on this one.

The Barnes straight up this was laughable. Its going to take value, for sure. Still, I'm getting that we are in pursuit at least, which makes me question how in on Murray at 4 we are. But then I think the plan first was always to trade for win now
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1530 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:39 pm

Who exactly are we bidding against for Collins?

Seems like SA was rumored on him but that seemed more like Collins ++++ for Murray and those talks are dead now.

Teams that could use Collins -

Miami - Duncan Robinson + Herro
Pacers - Brogdon
Pistons - Cap space?
Jazz - Bojan + O'Neale?
Blazers - Hart + Little? 7 + Bledsoe?

I'm just not seeing a whole lot of landing places for him. Going back to 2 years ago ATL began shopping Collins. They didn't offer him a max deal. He finally resigned for less super late on August 4th 2021 after not receiving the offer sheet he was hunting for. Seems like less than 1 year later and the Hawks already having buyers remorse.

I'm happy if Monte sticks to his guns. Don't overpay for a player that team no longer wants, no reason to bid against ourselves. The only team that likely can even offer more than Barnes alone are the Blazers if they decide to offer #7. And at that point I wouldn't want to beat that deal. If I read that we include a lightly protected 1st, #4 or Mitchell I'm going to be pretty disappointed
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1531 » by City of Trees » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:43 pm

If SA does trade Murray that leaves them with a huge hole at PG. The rumor KJ+9 for 4 is still alive!

I don't know what ATL is thinking wanting to pair Murray with Trae. Seems like a bad fit.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#1532 » by codydaze » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:02 pm

City of Trees wrote:If SA does trade Murray that leaves them with a huge hole at PG. The rumor KJ+9 for 4 is still alive!

I don't know what ATL is thinking wanting to pair Murray with Trae. Seems like a bad fit.

I actually really like the idea of a Trae/Murray backcourt, I'm sure they would get a good haul of other assets as well that they can maybe flip for Gobert. Trae/Murray/Hunter/Gobert as a core would be real nice in my opinion.

Woj needs to start dropping some bombs!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1533 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:24 pm

IMO and I've said this concerning the Kings on the T&T board. Murray is good enough that I'm not concerned about fit with a guy like that. Man is a triple double averaging 2 steals a game. Kings fans wanted Simmons, Murray is a smaller version who isn't afraid, costs much less, and actually attempts 3s!
OxAndFox
Veteran

Post#1534 » by OxAndFox » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:33 pm

Got to be a little disappointed the Lakers were able to get #35 for so little. If the Kings had the #49 deal lined up they should have put that money into #35 for a future 2nd. Bit more flexibility with 35/37.
OxAndFox
Veteran

Post#1535 » by OxAndFox » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:12 pm

I'm going to put this in here because there is some trade to this. Heading into FA there are even more ways the Kings can go.

Spitballing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if coach Brown talks Monte into going and picking up GPII. I know there were reports about Brown wanting to bring Looney, but what if it was actually GPII?

As far as trade, obviously, Holmes needs to go. Would like to find Holiday a new team too. They need to target a defensive 4. I personally like Brandon Clarke. Yes he can't shoot from the outside, but the D is where I would go. I think there is enough offense on this roster to get into the POs.
Bring back Jones, bring back DDV.

Fox/DDV/Min FA or trade
Davion/Davis/Min FA or trade
Barnes/GPII/Harkless
Murray/Clarke/Lyles
Sabonis/Jones/Len

Metu/Queta in G League

Not convinced with the guard rotations and having injury concerns with DDV/Davis.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1536 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:15 pm

We're in pursuit of Mitchell now? We shouldn't be in strong position with our picks held up with the conditional first to Atlanta..
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#1537 » by KF10 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:27 pm

BoogieTime wrote:We're in pursuit of Mitchell now? We shouldn't be in strong position with our picks held up with the conditional first to Atlanta..

I would assume the Kings are in talks as the 3rd team not as the primary team aiming for Mitchell, imo.

Who knows?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#1538 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:38 pm

KF10 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:We're in pursuit of Mitchell now? We shouldn't be in strong position with our picks held up with the conditional first to Atlanta..

I would assume the Kings are in talks as the 3rd team not as the primary team aiming for Mitchell, imo.

Who knows?

That might be it.

Ofcourse the Jazz could just be listing who they briefly have talked to. I could imagine offering Fox in a straight up deal with sweetener to let Davion start, though not sure that goes anywhere (though Fox looked good with Sabonis after the trade)
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#1539 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:53 pm

Maybe if we gave the Hawks an unprotected 1st.

Then something like Mitchell, Barnes, 2-3 1sts at least puts us in the convo.

But with Huerter deal its probably an inquiry that went no where and is now being used by Utah to get Knicks to pay more.

Return to Sacramento Kings