Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#41 » by MarxyLebronist » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:21 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
MarxyLebronist wrote:I try not to get too hopped up on trade hypotheticals, and I know the Hield zealots will have a field day with this, but here's my one big score/reset idea:

Bagley, Hield, Parker to ORL for Gordon and Fournier.

If you don't know that Fournier is a huge Kings fan from BACK in the day, then let that be news to you. Gordon a Bay Area kid unfortunately, as is his agent, so you're sort of fending off the usual Warriors culture creep perhaps. But Gordon's solid and seems short for ORL. No knock on Buddy here at all. Just seems like a good fit all around, some guys get to go closer to home and hearts, and fresh starts for some guys who may just need that to really be their best for the next development of the careers in the league.

I have no interest in swapping Buddy for Fournier.

By no means do I actually believe the Kings are trading Bagley so soon but that doesn't stop me from having fun with potential deals.

Currently I'm good with trading Bagley for any of the following players:

Miles Bridges
Thybulle
Okogie
Lu Dort
Aaron Gordon

I'm far more open to swapping Buddy for Fournier, then I am swapping Bagley for Okogie or Thybulle.

Fournier impresses me a lot more than Buddy does. I've long been the biggest Buddy stan. I still think hes going to have success in this league, but on the right team. Sacramento is not the right team. He needs a strong coach with players that will tell him exactly what to do... Think Lebron, CP3, Giannis, Harden.

I don't know anything at all about him, but I just like him when I watch him and how he carries himself. I know only what I've read. Does he still have ties to the Caribbean? I know he played at a high school in Oklahoma. So I thought maybe Orlando would appeal geographically. I don't want anyone to suffer, basically, but I agree that it seems like sort of a good moment to let folks get some fresh starts. Fournier is good, smart, and I read about his passion for the Kings. That's all.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#42 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:50 pm

Are any of you on the FB Kings groups?

There is a guy there that posted after the Houston game. He claims to have an insider connection and will not reveal who for privacy and potential other concerns. In the past, he has put out info that has been 100% accurate BEFORE it went down.

His info that was up the other night is that the Wiz are in a situation. Beal was happy to have them move Wall, but now he is really pissed because it was not someone like Westbrook that he was wanting coming back. He is an Alpha dog guy and he wants out but is being quiet to allow them to work it out. We are apparently structuring a package with Buddy and Bagley and his belief is that “other parts” includes one or more picks to land Beal.

Personally I am all about this. I feel like we have the right pieces in place to make this work ideally as Fox/Beal/Halliburton is an incredibly balanced and lethal rotation that can utilize any other guards as minute fillers. Add to that a pretty damn solid front court rotation and we are looking really nice going forward.

For the Wiz, Buddy is almost ideal next to Russ and can be where he would shine as the number two scorer and Bagley is a nice potential piece for them given that realistically all their other bigs are at their ceiling already.

Thoughts?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#43 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:53 pm

I would guess other parts includes Haliburton and/or Multiple 1sts. Maybe even unprotected this year
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#44 » by codydaze » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:05 pm

If it didn't include Haliburton, it's an easy yes. Buddy/Bagley/Bjelica and a couple firsts and I would pull the trigger on it. I think Washington could probably get a better offer than that but I'd be super happy to bring in Beal while keeping Haliburton.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#45 » by kb02 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:42 pm

Remove Fox and Haliburton and everything else is on the table if we can get Beal. He's as good a shooter as Buddy, but has handles, can drive and finish with either hand, and is a good defender (better than league average).
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#46 » by SmellingColors » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:09 am

I can't imagine the Wizards would move Beal and certainly not for Buddy/Bagley, but like others said if it's on the table, I'd take that in a heartbeat.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#47 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:14 am

I’m not down with many draft assets. This is a long game and we should be building. Would rather have my draft assets. Beal would probably leave after next year, and has yet to show he can elevate a team.
darbstar
Junior
And1: 51

Trade Idea: Bagley for Lauri Markannen 

Post#48 » by darbstar » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:16 am

Would you guys trade Bagley to the bulls for lauri Markannen?

Lauri is a good 3 point shooter to help spread the floor

Holmes
Markkenen
Barnes
Hield
Fox

Merged with our trade thread

-City
darbstar
Junior
And1: 51

Re: Bagley trade for Lauri markannen 

Post#49 » by darbstar » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:02 am

Spell checker changed Bagley to Bailey
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Bagley trade for Lauri markannen 

Post#50 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:42 pm

darbstar wrote:Spell checker changed Bagley to Bailey
I fixed it for you.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#51 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:34 am

We still not ready to go young and build through the draft? Barnes is the movable piece if we are. It would allow Fox/Hali/Bagley to start. Buddy might not be movable yet
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Re: Trade Idea: Bagley for Lauri Markannen 

Post#52 » by blind prophet » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:31 pm

darbstar wrote:Would you guys trade Bagley to the bulls for lauri Markannen?

Holmes
Markkenen
Barnes
Hield
Fox

-City

In a heartbeat.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#53 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:40 am

The question about your guys Beal deal...Obviously it makes us much better. But do we trust Hali consistently at the 3? The only way id justify bringing in Beal for picks would be if I thought those 3 could close out games together. Its been done, I know OKC had lots of situations where Dennis, CP3, and Shai played together. Just not sure how much I trust it.

Fox - Beal - Hali - Barnes - Holmes closing out games? Very undersized but could be a lethal squad.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Trade Idea: Bagley for Lauri Markannen 

Post#54 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:42 am

blind prophet wrote:
darbstar wrote:Would you guys trade Bagley to the bulls for lauri Markannen?

Holmes
Markkenen
Barnes
Hield
Fox

-City

In a heartbeat.

Ya this is what I'm looking at. I want to swap Bagley for Lauri or Collins. Bagley has the talent, I want him to succeed. Unfortunately his toxic dad has made that happening here very difficult. Meanwhile Lauri and Collins are on the outs in their respective teams. Seems like a o brainer for Chicago and if we go the Collins route something ATL should consider.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#55 » by TGW » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:Are any of you on the FB Kings groups?

There is a guy there that posted after the Houston game. He claims to have an insider connection and will not reveal who for privacy and potential other concerns. In the past, he has put out info that has been 100% accurate BEFORE it went down.

His info that was up the other night is that the Wiz are in a situation. Beal was happy to have them move Wall, but now he is really pissed because it was not someone like Westbrook that he was wanting coming back. He is an Alpha dog guy and he wants out but is being quiet to allow them to work it out. We are apparently structuring a package with Buddy and Bagley and his belief is that “other parts” includes one or more picks to land Beal.

Personally I am all about this. I feel like we have the right pieces in place to make this work ideally as Fox/Beal/Halliburton is an incredibly balanced and lethal rotation that can utilize any other guards as minute fillers. Add to that a pretty damn solid front court rotation and we are looking really nice going forward.

For the Wiz, Buddy is almost ideal next to Russ and can be where he would shine as the number two scorer and Bagley is a nice potential piece for them given that realistically all their other bigs are at their ceiling already.

Thoughts?

The Kings don't even want Bagley and Hield, so why would the Wizards? Silly pipe dream.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#56 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 am

IMO we have to move Barnes as he plays like this

We need to play our youth and win at the hands of them
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#57 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 am

BoogieTime wrote:IMO we have to move Barnes as he plays like this

We need to play our youth and win at the hands of them
I really don't mind keeping Barnes but I get it.
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#58 » by OscarH » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:14 am

If you are wanting to win you are keeping Barnes, The way he is playing could get you some positive vaule but I don't think he is worth dumping just for salary relief. Not only is his performance in line woth his contract right now, off the court he has the most expreince on winning teams. If you think Fox + Hali + 2021 rookie is getting to a playoff team Barnes is pretty important more so that whatever the 20mil in space gets you in FA.

Looks like Walton has changed rotation pattern vs Indy with Beli on the outside. With his down shooting this year does he still have rental vaule?
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#59 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 pm

I’m all about moving Buddy and Bagley even if it’s a wash to get the toxicity away. You can literally see the attitude oozing off of both of them and it hurts the chemistry.

Barnes is playing the way I expected him to play with the right combination of guys and in position. He is exactly the kind of role player vet you need to steady a young team. I wouldn’t move him now because you also won’t see fair value in return for his production.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#60 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:I’m all about moving Buddy and Bagley even if it’s a wash to get the toxicity away. You can literally see the attitude oozing off of both of them and it hurts the chemistry.

Barnes is playing the way I expected him to play with the right combination of guys and in position. He is exactly the kind of role player vet you need to steady a young team. I wouldn’t move him now because you also won’t see fair value in return for his production.

Barnes is playing well. His contract has gone from slight negative to where he is movable. As a player I don’t have a problem

It’s just a philosophical issue of a rebuilding/up and coming team winning because of guys in their late twenties. Many want a good pick in these coming drafts, but could live with wins if it’s core young guys carrying the way. But as of now it can be argued we’d be leading the tank if Barnes wasn’t on the team this year

I still look at the standings, and we’re not in the top 8 with teams like Denver not factoring in yet.

For me, I’d rather see what we had in Woodard and go young, but after all these downtrodden years I know there are a lot of fans are eager to see wins

Return to Sacramento Kings