ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

User avatar
stormi
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,830
And1: 3,885
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: PXE island
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#521 » by stormi » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:11 pm

dozencousins wrote:Is it a Ben Simmons deal of Buddy , Marvin , Woodard & a #1 pick or so ? Do not know yet for sure ?

I want to be clear we remain in talks via trade & not all trades happen as trades fall through all the time & sometimes they still happen but not as soon as we all expect .

None the less . Guess we all shall see in time .


Would be worse than a number of deals Morey has confirmed to reject already.

He said no to Brogdon and a lottery pick. CJ McCollum + Nassir Little and deals centered around Anunoby/Haliburton and Cam Reddish on draft night.

I think Philadelphia and Morey would rather let Ben Simmons sit for 4 years straight than to trade him for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#522 » by BoogieTime » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:03 am

I dont think Jaylen Brown is in the discussion for Fox. We are heading towards him being a neutral contract or worse
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#523 » by RipPizzaGuy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:37 am

stormi wrote:
Would be worse than a number of deals Morey has confirmed to reject already.

He said no to Brogdon and a lottery pick. CJ McCollum + Nassir Little and deals centered around Anunoby/Haliburton and Cam Reddish on draft night.

I think Philadelphia and Morey would rather let Ben Simmons sit for 4 years straight than to trade him for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley.


Again, not defending that poster. I don't believe thats a serious offer either.

But in what world did Morey decline deals centered around OG or Hali?

All the reports were that Sac had no interest in moving Hali or Fox for him.
User avatar
stormi
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,830
And1: 3,885
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: PXE island
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#524 » by stormi » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:45 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
stormi wrote:
Would be worse than a number of deals Morey has confirmed to reject already.

He said no to Brogdon and a lottery pick. CJ McCollum + Nassir Little and deals centered around Anunoby/Haliburton and Cam Reddish on draft night.

I think Philadelphia and Morey would rather let Ben Simmons sit for 4 years straight than to trade him for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley.


Again, not defending that poster. I don't believe thats a serious offer either.

But in what world did Morey decline deals centered around OG or Hali?

All the reports were that Sac had no interest in moving Hali or Fox for him.


Doubt think that's true. It's like when Shams/Woj came out last season saying Ben Simmons wasn't on the table for James Harden.

The Hali denial reports came out closer to training camp. The peak of Simmons interest to date was around draft night. A report came out that the Kings and Raptors were the two of the most aggressive teams on the trading front offering up Haliburton, 9th pick + salary. Barnes I think.

Of course though Daryl Morey has been looking for his James Harden like return aka: an entire warchest - or a superstar in return.
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#525 » by RipPizzaGuy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:58 am

stormi wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
stormi wrote:
Would be worse than a number of deals Morey has confirmed to reject already.

He said no to Brogdon and a lottery pick. CJ McCollum + Nassir Little and deals centered around Anunoby/Haliburton and Cam Reddish on draft night.

I think Philadelphia and Morey would rather let Ben Simmons sit for 4 years straight than to trade him for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley.


Again, not defending that poster. I don't believe thats a serious offer either.

But in what world did Morey decline deals centered around OG or Hali?

All the reports were that Sac had no interest in moving Hali or Fox for him.


Doubt think that's true. It's like when Shams/Woj came out last season saying Ben Simmons wasn't on the table for James Harden.

The Hali denial reports came out closer to training camp. The peak of Simmons interest to date was around draft night. A report came out that the Kings and Raptors were the two of the most aggressive teams on the trading front offering up Haliburton, 9th pick + salary. Barnes I think.

Of course though Daryl Morey has been looking for his James Harden like return aka: an entire warchest - or a superstar in return.


So the big time reporters all denied it, but a mysterious report said it happened?

I also saw a report last night that said Lakers might want to trade Lebron for Metu. I guess were quoting those as fact now lol.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#526 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:07 am

I just need Fox gone about now.

If we can be dealt for any sizable talent fine, if he cant, fine too.

He's been causing me stress for 4 years, not living up to expectations

The team has been better without him on the floor the last couple years, he has no motor or heart, and this is a bad marriage.

Fool me once, fool me four times, but no more.

He's D-Lo. Stats, no impact on game, leadership, or winning, and I don't support his future

Just want him gone
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,908
And1: 5,199
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#527 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:14 am

BoogieTime wrote:I just need Fox gone about now.

If we can be dealt for any sizable talent fine, if he cant, fine too.

He's been causing me stress for 4 years, not living up to expectations

The team has been better without him on the floor the last couple years, he has no motor or heart, and this is a bad marriage.

Fool me once, fool me four times, but no more.

He's D-Lo. Stats, no impact on game, leadership, or winning, and I don't support his future

Just want him gone


No one is untouchable on this team but I would hand the keys to Hali and trade Fox for as much as value you can get.
kalenclayton
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,092
And1: 1,387
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#528 » by kalenclayton » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:20 pm

KF10 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I just need Fox gone about now.

If we can be dealt for any sizable talent fine, if he cant, fine too.

He's been causing me stress for 4 years, not living up to expectations

The team has been better without him on the floor the last couple years, he has no motor or heart, and this is a bad marriage.

Fool me once, fool me four times, but no more.

He's D-Lo. Stats, no impact on game, leadership, or winning, and I don't support his future

Just want him gone


No one is untouchable on this team but I would hand the keys to Hali and trade Fox for as much as value you can get.

Simmons should be the target if this is the route. I know that’s the obvious target because of the noise, but he really is the best player available and I think Morey takes Fox for him. If it’s just a swap, then the Kings are left with:
Mitchell
Hali-Buddy-Davis-Ramsey
Barnes-Harkless-King-Woodard
Simmons-Metu—Bagley
Holmes-Len-Tristan-Jones-Queta

That squad has holes, but there is plenty of ammo to make it fit. As is, it might be better than the current squad just because of the significant upgrade in perimeter defense. Barnes can’t be the number 1 option though, so it’s time to hunt for that guy. Simmons seems to think he can be that guy, but I’d rather commit to him being the ball handler instead of Giannis-lite. Who is the available guy who fits this squad?

My thought is that you can obtain an overpaid player with the Bagley and Thompson contracts. Just not sure who that guy is.
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#529 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:36 pm

kalenclayton wrote:Simmons should be the target if this is the route. I know that’s the obvious target because of the noise, but he really is the best player available and I think Morey takes Fox for him. If it’s just a swap, then the Kings are left with:
Mitchell
Hali-Buddy-Davis-Ramsey
Barnes-Harkless-King-Woodard
Simmons-Metu—Bagley
Holmes-Len-Tristan-Jones-Queta

That squad has holes, but there is plenty of ammo to make it fit. As is, it might be better than the current squad just because of the significant upgrade in perimeter defense. Barnes can’t be the number 1 option though, so it’s time to hunt for that guy. Simmons seems to think he can be that guy, but I’d rather commit to him being the ball handler instead of Giannis-lite. Who is the available guy who fits this squad?

My thought is that you can obtain an overpaid player with the Bagley and Thompson contracts. Just not sure who that guy is.


On paper the fit seems better, but I just hate the idea of Fox for Simmons.

Fox is miscast as a #1 option. He just hasn't turned the next corner to jump from an awesome #2 to a good #1. Its not his fault that we don't have a better player next to him and ask him to get a bucket when times are tough. Or that Walton is absolutely useless and inspires no effort or runs any plays. We judge Fox as we expect a 23 year old to be the best player and the head coach? Its not a fair judgement imo.

What is our solution? Trade our #2 that's miscast as a #1, for a guy who has basically maxed out as a 3rd/4th option? I just don't see it.

I'm interested to see how we can get a true #1 next to Fox.

Our biggest issue is Walton, so its really hard for me to truly judge this team with him being the leader. Id start by firing Walton, then trading Bagley+ 2nds for Thad Young.

HC:Christie

Holmes/Len/Tristan
Thad/Harkless
Barnes/Buddy
Hali/Davis
Fox/Mitchell

If we don't see an immediate improvement out of this roster, the Simmons deal will still be there in 2 months.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,469
And1: 3,314
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#530 » by codydaze » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:59 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
KF10 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I just need Fox gone about now.

If we can be dealt for any sizable talent fine, if he cant, fine too.

He's been causing me stress for 4 years, not living up to expectations

The team has been better without him on the floor the last couple years, he has no motor or heart, and this is a bad marriage.

Fool me once, fool me four times, but no more.

He's D-Lo. Stats, no impact on game, leadership, or winning, and I don't support his future

Just want him gone


No one is untouchable on this team but I would hand the keys to Hali and trade Fox for as much as value you can get.

Simmons should be the target if this is the route. I know that’s the obvious target because of the noise, but he really is the best player available and I think Morey takes Fox for him. If it’s just a swap, then the Kings are left with:
Mitchell
Hali-Buddy-Davis-Ramsey
Barnes-Harkless-King-Woodard
Simmons-Metu—Bagley
Holmes-Len-Tristan-Jones-Queta

That squad has holes, but there is plenty of ammo to make it fit. As is, it might be better than the current squad just because of the significant upgrade in perimeter defense. Barnes can’t be the number 1 option though, so it’s time to hunt for that guy. Simmons seems to think he can be that guy, but I’d rather commit to him being the ball handler instead of Giannis-lite. Who is the available guy who fits this squad?

My thought is that you can obtain an overpaid player with the Bagley and Thompson contracts. Just not sure who that guy is.


If that's the route we go then I think we need to look at Buddy+Bagley for Wiggins, as ugly as that sounds. Keep Mitchell on the bench and go with:

Simmons-Mitchell
Hali-Davis-Ramsey
Wiggins-Harkless-Woodard
Barnes-Metu
Holmes-Len-Thompson-Jones-Queta

I think if you move Fox for Simmons then there should be no half measures and I think Wiggins for Buddy helps balance the team a bit. If we're content with Buddy playing more 3, which I think actually works Simmons better, then I would slide Buddy into the starting lineup and keep Mitchell off the bench.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,469
And1: 3,314
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#531 » by codydaze » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:00 am

For the record, I still don't prefer a Fox for Simmons swap.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#532 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:10 am

kalenclayton wrote:
KF10 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I just need Fox gone about now.

If we can be dealt for any sizable talent fine, if he cant, fine too.

He's been causing me stress for 4 years, not living up to expectations

The team has been better without him on the floor the last couple years, he has no motor or heart, and this is a bad marriage.

Fool me once, fool me four times, but no more.

He's D-Lo. Stats, no impact on game, leadership, or winning, and I don't support his future

Just want him gone


No one is untouchable on this team but I would hand the keys to Hali and trade Fox for as much as value you can get.

Simmons should be the target if this is the route. I know that’s the obvious target because of the noise, but he really is the best player available and I think Morey takes Fox for him. If it’s just a swap, then the Kings are left with:
Mitchell
Hali-Buddy-Davis-Ramsey
Barnes-Harkless-King-Woodard
Simmons-Metu—Bagley
Holmes-Len-Tristan-Jones-Queta

That squad has holes, but there is plenty of ammo to make it fit. As is, it might be better than the current squad just because of the significant upgrade in perimeter defense. Barnes can’t be the number 1 option though, so it’s time to hunt for that guy. Simmons seems to think he can be that guy, but I’d rather commit to him being the ball handler instead of Giannis-lite. Who is the available guy who fits this squad?

My thought is that you can obtain an overpaid player with the Bagley and Thompson contracts. Just not sure who that guy is.


It needed to be in the summer, the trade. Thats when their values were equal.

I think the hot potato has been held too long, and I dont know if I should fault McNair or Vivek.

But that lineup has looked good to me since draft night, and before
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#533 » by RipPizzaGuy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:35 am

codydaze wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
KF10 wrote:
No one is untouchable on this team but I would hand the keys to Hali and trade Fox for as much as value you can get.

Simmons should be the target if this is the route. I know that’s the obvious target because of the noise, but he really is the best player available and I think Morey takes Fox for him. If it’s just a swap, then the Kings are left with:
Mitchell
Hali-Buddy-Davis-Ramsey
Barnes-Harkless-King-Woodard
Simmons-Metu—Bagley
Holmes-Len-Tristan-Jones-Queta

That squad has holes, but there is plenty of ammo to make it fit. As is, it might be better than the current squad just because of the significant upgrade in perimeter defense. Barnes can’t be the number 1 option though, so it’s time to hunt for that guy. Simmons seems to think he can be that guy, but I’d rather commit to him being the ball handler instead of Giannis-lite. Who is the available guy who fits this squad?

My thought is that you can obtain an overpaid player with the Bagley and Thompson contracts. Just not sure who that guy is.


If that's the route we go then I think we need to look at Buddy+Bagley for Wiggins, as ugly as that sounds. Keep Mitchell on the bench and go with:

Simmons-Mitchell
Hali-Davis-Ramsey
Wiggins-Harkless-Woodard
Barnes-Metu
Holmes-Len-Thompson-Jones-Queta

I think if you move Fox for Simmons then there should be no half measures and I think Wiggins for Buddy helps balance the team a bit. If we're content with Buddy playing more 3, which I think actually works Simmons better, then I would slide Buddy into the starting lineup and keep Mitchell off the bench.


If you are going thru with this hypothetical trade.... I would think Buddy is absolutely the one guy you couldn't sacrifice. Fox is already a poor shooter, but Simmons is so bad the guy doesn't even try. You are going to move our best shooter when we go for Simmons?

Seems like a poor decision tbh. Moving Buddy to the starting lineup seems far more sensible.

Hali - Buddy - Barnes - Simmons - Holmes
Mitchell - Davis - Harkless - Len

But that team really doesn't inspire confidence. I'm not sure they would average triple digits tbh with you.

I'm still against this move as well.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#534 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 am

I consider it a strike against Monte, for not pulling the trigger on the deal when I personally think it could've been made

This last summer was the bet on Fox.

He innately had a low motor, and that often leads to stagnation despite best intentions
simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,112
And1: 1,122
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#535 » by simonbampfield » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:31 am

The problem with any Fox trade is a #1 guy needs to be coming back.
If you trade Fox for Simmons there are two glaring problems.
You don't have a #1 or #2 option and Holmes can't be the starting 5 (or should I say most minutes at 5), plain and simple.

So if it's Fox for Simmons then a trade for another player plus 2-3 firsts needs to be done for a #1 guy, preferably not Hali or Barnes IMO.
If it's say Mitchell/#1/#1/Bagley/Thompson (third team) for Jaylen Brown as the framework I could be down with that despite the 5 position still needing work. A lot of line ups wont require Holmes at the 5. If you can swing a deal for a shooting big like Olynyk (while keeping Holmes) then that would be good.

9 man rotation (more likely using 8 without Len).
Simmons/Davis
Hali/Buddy
Brown/
Barnes/Harkless
Holmes/Len
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 1,392
And1: 1,226
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#536 » by snowman » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Celts fan coming in peace:

Hey guys. Was just reading your forum, because I was gauging your interest on Bagley and saw some posts about Jaylen Brown. IMO, I'm pretty sure Brown is not considered being available at all. He is on a good contract for 2 more years and is putting up career highs in all areas.
However, since it looks like Bagley is on the outs how about this trade idea:

Bagley to Boston
Grant Williams, J. Hernangomez, B. Fernando to Sacramento

Why for Sac:
Williams is a cheap, tough, smart, but undersized PF that can hit the 3 at a decent clip. At least he would be playable, unlike, for what ever reason Bagley isn't for you guys. Fernando and Hernangomez are interesting players, but just don't have a chance with Boston, except as insurance for an injury. Both are FA's at the end of the season. (Hernangomez's contract is not guaranteed for 2022.

Boston is one of those teams that may think Bagley can be a reclamation project, since he would not have the pressure of starting. Also by being a former Duke player, like Tatum, there is a built in support system to build on. We may even take an additional player at the min salary with one of our TPE's if your concerned about roster spots.

Any feedback on this idea would be great. Thanks in advance.
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#537 » by RipPizzaGuy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:50 pm

simonbampfield wrote:The problem with any Fox trade is a #1 guy needs to be coming back.
If you trade Fox for Simmons there are two glaring problems.
You don't have a #1 or #2 option and Holmes can't be the starting 5 (or should I say most minutes at 5), plain and simple.

So if it's Fox for Simmons then a trade for another player plus 2-3 firsts needs to be done for a #1 guy, preferably not Hali or Barnes IMO.
If it's say Mitchell/#1/#1/Bagley/Thompson (third team) for Jaylen Brown as the framework I could be down with that despite the 5 position still needing work. A lot of line ups wont require Holmes at the 5. If you can swing a deal for a shooting big like Olynyk (while keeping Holmes) then that would be good.

9 man rotation (more likely using 8 without Len).
Simmons/Davis
Hali/Buddy
Brown/
Barnes/Harkless
Holmes/Len


If that Jaylen Brown deal was available, id just skip the rest of the trades and go straight for that.

Fox/
Hali/Buddy
Jaylen/Harkless
Barnes/Metu
Holmes/Len

Mitchell has grown on me. But Jaylen Brown takes a ton of pressure off Fox and provides a true elite scorer.
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#538 » by RipPizzaGuy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:51 pm

snowman wrote:Celts fan coming in peace:

Hey guys. Was just reading your forum, because I was gauging your interest on Bagley and saw some posts about Jaylen Brown. IMO, I'm pretty sure Brown is not considered being available at all. He is on a good contract for 2 more years and is putting up career highs in all areas.
However, since it looks like Bagley is on the outs how about this trade idea:

Bagley to Boston
Grant Williams, J. Hernangomez, B. Fernando to Sacramento

Why for Sac:
Williams is a cheap, tough, smart, but undersized PF that can hit the 3 at a decent clip. At least he would be playable, unlike, for what ever reason Bagley isn't for you guys. Fernando and Hernangomez are interesting players, but just don't have a chance with Boston, except as insurance for an injury. Both are FA's at the end of the season. (Hernangomez's contract is not guaranteed for 2022.

Boston is one of those teams that may think Bagley can be a reclamation project, since he would not have the pressure of starting. Also by being a former Duke player, like Tatum, there is a built in support system to build on. We may even take an additional player at the min salary with one of our TPE's if your concerned about roster spots.

Any feedback on this idea would be great. Thanks in advance.


I don't see Sac doing that. Not that Bagley is of any use or has any value, but id rather just stick him on the bench until we could find a bigger trade. I wouldn't play Grant Williams over Metu.

Not to mention Hernangomez seems to have another year of salary. Just not close to a deal id consider tbh.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 1,392
And1: 1,226
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#539 » by snowman » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:03 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
snowman wrote:Celts fan coming in peace:

Hey guys. Was just reading your forum, because I was gauging your interest on Bagley and saw some posts about Jaylen Brown. IMO, I'm pretty sure Brown is not considered being available at all. He is on a good contract for 2 more years and is putting up career highs in all areas.
However, since it looks like Bagley is on the outs how about this trade idea:

Bagley to Boston
Grant Williams, J. Hernangomez, B. Fernando to Sacramento

Why for Sac:
Williams is a cheap, tough, smart, but undersized PF that can hit the 3 at a decent clip. At least he would be playable, unlike, for what ever reason Bagley isn't for you guys. Fernando and Hernangomez are interesting players, but just don't have a chance with Boston, except as insurance for an injury. Both are FA's at the end of the season. (Hernangomez's contract is not guaranteed for 2022.

Boston is one of those teams that may think Bagley can be a reclamation project, since he would not have the pressure of starting. Also by being a former Duke player, like Tatum, there is a built in support system to build on. We may even take an additional player at the min salary with one of our TPE's if your concerned about roster spots.

Any feedback on this idea would be great. Thanks in advance.


I don't see Sac doing that. Not that Bagley is of any use or has any value, but id rather just stick him on the bench until we could find a bigger trade. I wouldn't play Grant Williams over Metu.

Not to mention Hernangomez seems to have another year of salary. Just not close to a deal id consider tbh.


Thanks for the reply. Hernangomez is non guaranteed is 2022. I do like Metu also, so I see your point.
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#540 » by RipPizzaGuy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:15 pm

snowman wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
snowman wrote:Celts fan coming in peace:

Hey guys. Was just reading your forum, because I was gauging your interest on Bagley and saw some posts about Jaylen Brown. IMO, I'm pretty sure Brown is not considered being available at all. He is on a good contract for 2 more years and is putting up career highs in all areas.
However, since it looks like Bagley is on the outs how about this trade idea:

Bagley to Boston
Grant Williams, J. Hernangomez, B. Fernando to Sacramento

Why for Sac:
Williams is a cheap, tough, smart, but undersized PF that can hit the 3 at a decent clip. At least he would be playable, unlike, for what ever reason Bagley isn't for you guys. Fernando and Hernangomez are interesting players, but just don't have a chance with Boston, except as insurance for an injury. Both are FA's at the end of the season. (Hernangomez's contract is not guaranteed for 2022.

Boston is one of those teams that may think Bagley can be a reclamation project, since he would not have the pressure of starting. Also by being a former Duke player, like Tatum, there is a built in support system to build on. We may even take an additional player at the min salary with one of our TPE's if your concerned about roster spots.

Any feedback on this idea would be great. Thanks in advance.


I don't see Sac doing that. Not that Bagley is of any use or has any value, but id rather just stick him on the bench until we could find a bigger trade. I wouldn't play Grant Williams over Metu.

Not to mention Hernangomez seems to have another year of salary. Just not close to a deal id consider tbh.


Thanks for the reply. Hernangomez is non guaranteed is 2022. I do like Metu also, so I see your point.


Ahh my mistake.

Ya I think we are hoping to package Bagley with maybe Thompson/1sts to go after a bigger fish.

Return to Sacramento Kings