ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,112
And1: 1,122
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#561 » by simonbampfield » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:17 am

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Fox isn’t an off-ball guard and neither is Davion soooo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet here we are with majority of our best players suited for 1 position.
The only other way is to clear the glut and make their roles clear (I am definitely not opposed to this) but the fact is it’s not going to happen overnight.

Monte seems to have been patient, I will give him the benefit of the doubt until this deadline. If he doesn’t do anything, he shouldn’t lead another Kings off season.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 14,191
And1: 4,055
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#562 » by City of Trees » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:21 am

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Fox isn’t an off-ball guard and neither is Davion soooo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Initially I thought Haliburton would be a good SG next to Fox but the more I watch those two together the easier it is to see Haliburton should be running point. Kings can't do that tho because Fox isn't a SG, so instead we are stuck getting less from Haliburton while Fox spirals.
simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,112
And1: 1,122
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#563 » by simonbampfield » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 am

City of Trees wrote:
jeffjtk1234 wrote:Fox isn’t an off-ball guard and neither is Davion soooo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Initially I thought Haliburton would be a good SG next to Fox but the more I watch those two together the easier it is to see Haliburton should be running point. Kings can't do that tho because Fox isn't a SG, so instead we are stuck getting less from Haliburton while Fox spirals.


To be honest I think both Hali and Mitchell are better PGs. They aren't better players, but they both run the team better than Fox.
The biggest thing for Hali is to start shooting the damn ball. If you are going to let defenders go under all the time it makes it so much easier to defend. Teams don't need to go over the screen against both Hali and Fox, for different reasons.

Actually, I can't think of another team where defenders go under the screen as much as against the Kings.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#564 » by RipPizzaGuy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:16 pm

Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.

I've said from the start that Walton wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the entire reason we sucked. With good coaching this could be a .500 team. But the roster certainly isn't good either.

Fox - Hasn't progressed, is being asked to do too much. Is far more of a scorer than makes his team better.
Hali - Should be the lead ball handler, but his ceiling is limited. Isn't much of a scorer and disappears far too often. Body isn't built to be the top guy.
Mitchell - Poor attitude. Too small to be a real offense player. Already 23 years old VERY limited ceiling.
Buddy - 1 dimensional shooter. Type of guy who should play 30mpg when hes on, and 15mpg when hes not.
Harkless - The most meh guy in the league. D with no 3. He should play 10mpg if that off the bench.
Barnes - Most overrated player on the team. Cant dribble or create. Hes not bad, just extremely average.
Holmes - Talented, brings hustle. His biggest issue is hes 3 inches too short.

The only guys I care to keep are Hali/Holmes. The rest of the team can go. Start with Barnes/Mitchell.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#565 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:58 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.


Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all

I'll eat my shoe if I'm wrong and hes moved here, but we would need to sweeten the pot, substantially IMO
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#566 » by RipPizzaGuy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:15 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.


Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all


They have been pushing Simmons on the block for 4 months. The best offer they supposedly got was Brogdan/LeVert.

They would happily take Fox and know that as soon as hes placed with a competent coach/#1 option Embid, he would become a fantastic #2.

And LOL to your 3rd point. This is a team that has been begging Simmons to shoot a mid range shot for 5 years. You think that Fox regressed shooting over 15 games is a deal breaker? I can't tell if you just troll to troll or you are serious?
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#567 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:17 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.


Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all


They have been pushing Simmons on the block for 4 months. The best offer they supposedly got was Brogdan/LeVert.

They would happily take Fox and know that as soon as hes placed with a competent coach/#1 option Embid, he would become a fantastic #2.

And LOL to your 3rd point. This is a team that has been begging Simmons to shoot a mid range shot for 5 years. You think that Fox regressed shooting over 15 games is a deal breaker? I can't tell if you just troll to troll or you are serious?


Brogdan and Levert have higher value than Fox now IMO
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#568 » by RipPizzaGuy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 pm

But I can't wait for the same Kings fans to be disappointed when this team hasn't moved in 2-3 years. Simmons still won't shoot a shot, Mitchell hasn't gotten any better, we are still firing head coaches. Ahhh... The circle of life as a Kings fan.

It was just a year ago Kings fans told me we had no room for Bogdan with Hali, Barnes, Buddy on the roster. Bogdan goes on to have his best most efficient season playing on a real team. Can't wait to see the same happen for Buddy/Fox.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#569 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:21 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:But I can't wait for the same Kings fans to be disappointed when this team hasn't moved in 2-3 years. Simmons still won't shoot a shot, Mitchell hasn't gotten any better, we are still firing head coaches. Ahhh... The circle of life as a Kings fan.

It was just a year ago Kings fans told me we had no room for Bogdan with Hali, Barnes, Buddy on the roster. Bogdan goes on to have his best most efficient season playing on a real team. Can't wait to see the same happen for Buddy/Fox.


Simmons has been a better player by every advanced metric, and has since the summer when they shouldve made the move IMO
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#570 » by RipPizzaGuy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:22 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all


They have been pushing Simmons on the block for 4 months. The best offer they supposedly got was Brogdan/LeVert.

They would happily take Fox and know that as soon as hes placed with a competent coach/#1 option Embid, he would become a fantastic #2.

And LOL to your 3rd point. This is a team that has been begging Simmons to shoot a mid range shot for 5 years. You think that Fox regressed shooting over 15 games is a deal breaker? I can't tell if you just troll to troll or you are serious?


Thats an attack on others opinions. Your response is the only troll. You've been reported


You reported me for asking if you are trolling? Okay, thanks for the notice.

Saying that the Sixers wouldn't want Fox because his shooting has regressed is just a silly/laughable take. You either haven't paid attention to what went on in Philly, or you are trolling? I asked a simple question.

Ben Simmons has went 5/34 from 3 in the last 4 YEARS. They have begged him to even shoot a mid range shot (something Fox is fantastic at).

If you said that the emergence of Maxey is going to lead Philly to aim for a shooter/wing/forward, fine. But to act like they are going to downright reject Fox because his 3pt shooting has regressed over 15 games is silly to me. Sorry if that offended you, honestly.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#571 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:25 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
They have been pushing Simmons on the block for 4 months. The best offer they supposedly got was Brogdan/LeVert.

They would happily take Fox and know that as soon as hes placed with a competent coach/#1 option Embid, he would become a fantastic #2.

And LOL to your 3rd point. This is a team that has been begging Simmons to shoot a mid range shot for 5 years. You think that Fox regressed shooting over 15 games is a deal breaker? I can't tell if you just troll to troll or you are serious?


Thats an attack on others opinions. Your response is the only troll. You've been reported


You reported me for asking if you are trolling? Okay, thanks for the notice.

Saying that the Sixers wouldn't want Fox because his shooting has regressed is just a silly/laughable take. You either haven't paid attention to what went on in Philly, or you are trolling? I asked a simple question.

Ben Simmons has went 5/34 from 3 in the last 4 YEARS. They have begged him to even shoot a mid range shot (something Fox is fantastic at).

If you said that the emergence of Maxey is going to lead Philly to aim for a shooter/wing/forward, fine. But to act like they are going to downright reject Fox because his 3pt shooting has regressed over 15 games is silly to me. Sorry if that offended you, honestly.


Do you think the package they are trying to acquire is looking to mirror Ben's shooting? Or do you think they want spacing and defense around Embiid?

Fox has started a five year max deal, and his stats and body language are terrible. You think a GM, with his job on the line, looks past that? He could be a dead contract if it keeps going this way.

Brogdon/Levert are much higher value than Fox now, thanks for pointing that out. A Spurs package with a defending/spacing Murray and picks are.
Tomjas
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,175
And1: 2,898
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#572 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:02 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Thats an attack on others opinions. Your response is the only troll. You've been reported


You reported me for asking if you are trolling? Okay, thanks for the notice.

Saying that the Sixers wouldn't want Fox because his shooting has regressed is just a silly/laughable take. You either haven't paid attention to what went on in Philly, or you are trolling? I asked a simple question.

Ben Simmons has went 5/34 from 3 in the last 4 YEARS. They have begged him to even shoot a mid range shot (something Fox is fantastic at).

If you said that the emergence of Maxey is going to lead Philly to aim for a shooter/wing/forward, fine. But to act like they are going to downright reject Fox because his 3pt shooting has regressed over 15 games is silly to me. Sorry if that offended you, honestly.


Do you think the package they are trying to acquire is looking to mirror Ben's shooting? Or do you think they want spacing and defense around Embiid?

Fox has started a five year max deal, and his stats and body language are terrible. You think a GM, with his job on the line, looks past that? He could be a dead contract if it keeps going this way.

Brogdon/Levert are much higher value than Fox now, thanks for pointing that out. A Spurs package with a defending/spacing Murray and picks are.


Sixers fan here

Not a knock on Fox but a comment on fit

If you look at our guard rotation without Simmons, we have very little defence or passing ability

Sorry but they’re not Fox strong suits

As you say, there’s also a spacing issue
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#573 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:03 pm

Read on Twitter


If there is any doubt to anyone, which guard between Hali/Mitchell/Fox management sees as next to be traded..
simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,112
And1: 1,122
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#574 » by simonbampfield » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:13 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.


Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all

I'll eat my shoe if I'm wrong and hes moved here, but we would need to sweeten the pot, substantially IMO

At this point, I dont know if I would take expiring for Fox. I'd lean towards no slightly, but that's where I am


You honestly can't be serious with this right?
If their values were equal in the off season you actually believe that Simmons has done over the last 6-8 weeks hasn't been more detrimental to his value compared to Fox?
He hasn't had the best start to the season by any stretch of the imagination, but to sit there and actually type that BS value hasn't plummeted since the off season is false. No one is offering the 6ers anything at all. It's why the Pistons rumour came out, it's to get teams back to the table, nothing more, nothing less.

You continually take 1 point and make it so big against Fox all of the time and basically not any other player in the NBA for some reason. I am far from a Fox apologist, and I'm not against trading him, but it's laughable.
Stop blowing Fox's weaknesses out of proportion. We know who he is. He is an elite talent. He isn't however a top 20 player in the NBA many of us would have liked him to elevate to this season (it's not over yet mind you). I would have loved to hear not how much muscle he had put on in the off season, rather how much he was learning to play D at a higher level because he has the attributes to be a good defender.

I mean seriously, your last comment is trolling. It isn't anything else.
So please, go ahead and report this one too because that nonsense is ridiculous. I respect your right to post, but when you spout that kind of crap it should be called out.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#575 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:27 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.


Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all

I'll eat my shoe if I'm wrong and hes moved here, but we would need to sweeten the pot, substantially IMO

At this point, I dont know if I would take expiring for Fox. I'd lean towards no slightly, but that's where I am


You honestly can't be serious with this right?
If their values were equal in the off season you actually believe that Simmons has done over the last 6-8 weeks hasn't been more detrimental to his value compared to Fox?
He hasn't had the best start to the season by any stretch of the imagination, but to sit there and actually type that BS value hasn't plummeted since the off season is false. No one is offering the 6ers anything at all. It's why the Pistons rumour came out, it's to get teams back to the table, nothing more, nothing less.

You continually take 1 point and make it so big against Fox all of the time and basically not any other player in the NBA for some reason. I am far from a Fox apologist, and I'm not against trading him, but it's laughable.
Stop blowing Fox's weaknesses out of proportion. We know who he is. He is an elite talent. He isn't however a top 20 player in the NBA many of us would have liked him to elevate to this season (it's not over yet mind you). I would have loved to hear not how much muscle he had put on in the off season, rather how much he was learning to play D at a higher level because he has the attributes to be a good defender.

I mean seriously, your last comment is trolling. It isn't anything else.
So please, go ahead and report this one too because that nonsense is ridiculous. I respect your right to post, but when you spout that kind of crap it should be called out.



Yes, what Fox has done in the last 6 weeks is worse than what Simmons has done.

Simmons hasn't done anything to discredit himself on the court, which is most important. He doesn't want to play for the Sixers, made it clear, and hasn't done anything else besides that

Fox has had an immense deterioration of game on the court. He has looked a shell of anything in terms of leadership on/off the floor.

One hasn't done anything but hold his stance that he wants off a team, the other has had an atrophy of skillset
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 12,803
And1: 7,964
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#576 » by RipPizzaGuy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:31 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.


Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all

I'll eat my shoe if I'm wrong and hes moved here, but we would need to sweeten the pot, substantially IMO

At this point, I dont know if I would take expiring for Fox. I'd lean towards no slightly, but that's where I am


You honestly can't be serious with this right?
If their values were equal in the off season you actually believe that Simmons has done over the last 6-8 weeks hasn't been more detrimental to his value compared to Fox?
He hasn't had the best start to the season by any stretch of the imagination, but to sit there and actually type that BS value hasn't plummeted since the off season is false. No one is offering the 6ers anything at all. It's why the Pistons rumour came out, it's to get teams back to the table, nothing more, nothing less.

You continually take 1 point and make it so big against Fox all of the time and basically not any other player in the NBA for some reason. I am far from a Fox apologist, and I'm not against trading him, but it's laughable.
Stop blowing Fox's weaknesses out of proportion. We know who he is. He is an elite talent. He isn't however a top 20 player in the NBA many of us would have liked him to elevate to this season (it's not over yet mind you). I would have loved to hear not how much muscle he had put on in the off season, rather how much he was learning to play D at a higher level because he has the attributes to be a good defender.

I mean seriously, your last comment is trolling. It isn't anything else.
So please, go ahead and report this one too because that nonsense is ridiculous. I respect your right to post, but when you spout that kind of crap it should be called out.


:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sums it right up.

I wish as you said that Fox came out and showed improved skill set this season. I have no issue trading him either, but I also think its funny that we haven't learned the issue isn't just 1 player/person.

Fox/Buddy had a good first half last night, Holmes was decent on offense but severely outmatched against Drummond.

Barnes was playing awful. Getting stripped on every drive.
Hali was a nice facilitator but had 0 points. Unacceptable.
Mitchell was making bad decisions, and shot terribly.
Harkless was a zero

Somehow I knew waking up today that the blame would be put on Fox.
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#577 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:31 pm

Amick has actually said on Deuce/Mo and on Carmichael Dave he doesn't think the Sixers would take that call
BoogieTime
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,308
And1: 1,633
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
 

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#578 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:46 pm

I also dont consider it revolutionary to say that where I am with Fox's value, my own value

That goes to why I believe the "slump" is happening in the first place. I think its innately motor based, which comes down to effort. And a notable lack of leadership. I also think that lackluster demeanor has carried on to the rest of the team. And I'm not sure its rectifiable. These to me are traits that don't necessarily get better with practice.

He has been a negative player this year, and due to the reasons I believe are at play for that, I think there is the real possibility that it doesn't improve, and that he doesn't become a productive player at his salary slot. I think a rebuilding team would still take a chance on him than spending ~30 mil elsewhere, so I am not at expiring yet.
GutUNC
Analyst
Posts: 3,247
And1: 1,582
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
         

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#579 » by GutUNC » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:02 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Honestly at this point I hope the team trades Fox for Simmons. At least then Fox can go to a winner, and then I can watch us fans scramble to point the finger at the next guy.


Their values were equal in the offseason IMO

Fox is teetering on positive value at all IMO at this juncture

The Sixers wouldnt need Fox's regressed shooting around Embiid, at all


They have been pushing Simmons on the block for 4 months. The best offer they supposedly got was Brogdan/LeVert.

They would happily take Fox and know that as soon as hes placed with a competent coach/#1 option Embid, he would become a fantastic #2.

And LOL to your 3rd point. This is a team that has been begging Simmons to shoot a mid range shot for 5 years. You think that Fox regressed shooting over 15 games is a deal breaker? I can't tell if you just troll to troll or you are serious?


With the way Maxey is playing, I honestly think they'd be looking at a wing.
GDTBATH
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,469
And1: 3,314
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#580 » by codydaze » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:10 am

I know things are in a whirlwind for us right now as Kings fans and Simmons/Fox debates are an especially contentious topic but let's just try to stay respectful and avoid personal attacks. Nothing strike worthy but let's avoid getting there.

BoogieTime wrote:

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

simonbampfield wrote:

Return to Sacramento Kings