ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#81 » by donkeylips » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:42 pm

cant combine nesmith and the tpe though. so it has to be two separate trades. or change nesmith into a first round pick.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#82 » by cl2117 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:17 pm

donkeylips wrote:cant combine nesmith and the tpe though. so it has to be two separate trades. or change nesmith into a first round pick.

I thought the same thing, but I was corrected on the trade board and apparently you can. You just can't "combine" them for salary matching purposes, but since the TPE is large enough to take the SAC players on it doesn't matter.

I'd do it for the BOS 2021 FRP before I did it for Nesmith for what it's worth in case you guys aren't actually interested in him.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#83 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:06 am

You guys have any interest in KPJ as a Bogi replacement?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#84 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:11 am

jbk1234 wrote:You guys have any interest in KPJ as a Bogi replacement?

No thanks.
TyFrekey
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#85 » by TyFrekey » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:46 am

Absolutely not. The Kings don't need more chaos.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#86 » by kalenclayton » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:33 pm

I’ve been a fan of Porter’s game, but the Kings’ locker room is very impressionable and in need to leadership and a strong, winning culture. The team has been forced to go the mercenary route for leadership for years. What I mean by that is the core of this team has been very young and not so vocal, while the leaders have been vets who have been brought in to speak and motivate (Garrett Temple, Iman Shumpert, Glenn Robinson III). Fox has slowly been speaking up and Haliburton seems poised to become the leader sooner rather than later, but they just aren’t there yet. Until we see an actual young leader emerge as the voice of the locker room, this will not be the place or culture for a player like Porter to play for. It’s a failure before it even begins.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#87 » by SmellingColors » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:14 pm

Looks like Bjelica is being dealt. Not surprising given he has been benched for a while now, but it will be interesting to see what McNair can drum up for him and what the market is.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#88 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:55 am

SmellingColors wrote:Looks like Bjelica is being dealt. Not surprising given he has been benched for a while now, but it will be interesting to see what McNair can drum up for him and what the market is.

I don’t think we’d get more than a semi quality 2nd. Dude is expiring and has looked rough this year
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#89 » by City of Trees » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:16 am

Entire league knows he's on the block but we don't see a trade? Not promising.

Most likely the Kings waive him after the trade deadline.
Kabaum
Sophomore
And1: 198

Post#90 » by Kabaum » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:54 pm

Bjelica wanted to head back to Europe before Vlade convinced him to come play for him. I really enjoy him on the team but he could be on his way out of the league and heading back home.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#91 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:00 am

kb02, look at your guy

Read on Twitter
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#92 » by kb02 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:52 pm

City of Trees wrote:kb02, look at your guy

Read on Twitter

Thanks for the heads up! Dude is a beast. Did more defending on Dame there than Buddy has defended in his entire life. Lolzzz.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#93 » by nolang1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:10 am

Kabaum wrote:Bjelica wanted to head back to Europe before Vlade convinced him to come play for him. I really enjoy him on the team but he could be on his way out of the league and heading back home.

Yeah he looked super out of shape in preseason.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#94 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:46 am

I’m still watching vets win the team games. Are we in limbo? Is there still the thought that Hield/Barnes et al should be here long term? Wake me up when we’re a young team building through the draft
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#95 » by nolang1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:11 am

BoogieTime wrote:I’m still watching vets win the team games. Are we in limbo? Is there still the thought that Hield/Barnes et al should be here long term? Wake me up when we’re a young team building through the draft

It’s less than 20 games in after the shortest offseason ever and teams are trying to figure out where they are.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#96 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:28 pm

I just don't understand the allure of tanking like thats suddenly going to fix all of our problems. It historically works far less than people on this board would have you think it does.

Look at OKC, I truly believe the reason they are so competitive this year is strictly due to last year. The CP3 impact. All their young guys

Bazley - 23rd pick
Dort - Undrafted
Roby - 45th pick
Shai - 11th pick
Maldeon - 34th pick
Diallo - 45th pick

These guys are all playing fantastic ball. OKC doesn't have that losing culture. Based on available talent everyone thought this team would finish the year as a 15 win team.. They have 9 already, less than 20 games in.

I'm not saying Buddy or Barnes are the long term answers, I'm just saying moving them for ziltch or paying to move them and then praying some 19 year old kid saves us rarely works. We hit big on Haliburton. We need to continue to see how Bagley progresses. Fox shows flashes of being a legit superstar.

Id rather try to have this team battle it out and win games knowing we end up with the next P.J. Washington than tank it out so we can get RJ Barrett.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#97 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:57 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I just don't understand the allure of tanking like thats suddenly going to fix all of our problems. It historically works far less than people on this board would have you think it does.

Look at OKC, I truly believe the reason they are so competitive this year is strictly due to last year. The CP3 impact. All their young guys

Bazley - 23rd pick
Dort - Undrafted
Roby - 45th pick
Shai - 11th pick
Maldeon - 34th pick
Diallo - 45th pick

These guys are all playing fantastic ball. OKC doesn't have that losing culture. Based on available talent everyone thought this team would finish the year as a 15 win team.. They have 9 already, less than 20 games in.

I'm not saying Buddy or Barnes are the long term answers, I'm just saying moving them for ziltch or paying to move them and then praying some 19 year old kid saves us rarely works. We hit big on Haliburton. We need to continue to see how Bagley progresses. Fox shows flashes of being a legit superstar.

Id rather try to have this team battle it out and win games knowing we end up with the next P.J. Washington than tank it out so we can get RJ Barrett.

OKC purposefully are young. Playing and developing young guys sans getting assets for Horford

Most teams either have a direction of going young/draft or trying to make the playoffs.

Hornets, Pistons, Wizards etc mostly are young

I’m trying to think of a team that most people already count out of the playoffs that employ winning vets that can be moved..
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#98 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:19 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I just don't understand the allure of tanking like thats suddenly going to fix all of our problems. It historically works far less than people on this board would have you think it does.

Bazley - 23rd pick
Dort - Undrafted
Roby - 45th pick
Shai - 11th pick
Maldeon - 34th pick
Diallo - 45th pick

OKC purposefully are young. Playing and developing young guys sans getting assets for Horford

Most teams either have a direction of going young/draft or trying to make the playoffs.

Hornets, Pistons, Wizards etc mostly are young

I’m trying to think of a team that most people already count out of the playoffs that employ winning vets that can be moved..

I'm confused?

Hornets

Hayward - 30
Graham - 25
Rozier - 26
Biyombo - 28 or Zeller - 28
Martin bros - 25

Nearly the entire starting lineup is filled with 25+ vet

Washington Wizards

Westbrook - 32
Beal - 28
Bertans - 28
Smith - 32
Lopez - 32
Neto - 28

Pistons -

Grant - 26
Griffin - 31
Delon Wright - 28
Plumlee - 30
Ellington - 33
Rose - 32

Theres nothing mostly young about any of these teams compared to Sacramento.

Not sure why the hell it matters who counts out the Kings. The play-in this year changes everything. We are literally 1 game back of the 10th/11th seed. 2 games behind the 7th seed.

I'm so shocked when I see comments like this. I mean i'm all for benching Joseph who has no long term future with the Kings and playing Guy. Same for Whiteside and playing Metu. That said, what do you suggest? Benching Buddy/Barnes and playing Woodard/Ramsey huge minutes? I can't think of a better way to completely destroy their value.

Fox is playing 32 mpg
Hali - 28
Bagley - 26.5

Id like to see all of these numbers jump up by 2-4mpg. But it was a foolish to think Ramsey or Woodard would get significant minutes before the trade-deadline. That is the "core". The only goal should be getting these 3 guys valuable minutes. If it produces wins then great, if it doesn't then it is what it is.

I'm always critical of Walton, but asking him to reduce Buddy/Barnes minutes when there's no legit long term player waiting in the wing is silly.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#99 » by codydaze » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:55 pm

We're one game below .500 right now, let's say we keep this run going for a couple more weeks and are hovering around or are right above .500 as the deadline gets closer. Do you think we're buyers or still try to sell off guys like CoJo, Whiteside, etc?

I think if the team is rolling, you shouldn't rock the boat unless it's a big splash move for someone like Beal or at that kind of level even though I don't think we'd really be in the running for any of those guys. I wouldn't mind moving off CoJo and Whiteside to find some better fitting players but those two do seem to be pretty well liked by the guys based on social media and some of the early reports of CoJo taking Haliburton under his wing.

Will be interesting to see what happens, Bjelica is the only guy right now that is for sure being traded. Interested to see what the return for him is, I'd be happy with a couple seconds at this point.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#100 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:04 pm

The Heat shouldn't consider it but with their underperforming season I wonder if Bam could be had for some hefty draft capital?

He's good friends with Fox, matches the timeline, and fills the gap down low.

Fox, Haliburton, Bam is a CORE

2020 unprotected 1st
2022 unprotected 1st
Bagley
Belly
Holmes

Return to Sacramento Kings