ImageImageImageImageImage

2020/2021 general thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 11,280
And1: 6,921
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#61 » by RipPizzaGuy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Maybe I’m a bit dejected from this last suns game, but I still think we should be going young this year.

Im hoping there is a market for these vets. Buddy/Barnes helped to win the nuggets game


Totally disagree with this sentiment and have all along.

Last year was an injury plagued, bad chemistry COVID fluke and a throwaway.

This is how we should have looked last year - healthy. It’s where everything left off two years ago. In an upward trajectory with a growing young core.

Winning is ultimately the priority. Having an attitude of being in a perennial rebuild is automatically self defeating. We need to start winning and building towards being a contender and you cannot do that by losing. Right now we are looking like there is a team wide chemistry and effort building to work together and win. We cannot just arbitrarily break that with a premature move. And we absolutely do not want to do ANYTHING that is not a now and later clear improvement.


Honestly things worked out perfectly IMO. Buddy/Bogdan were always a bit too old to expect huge improvements from. Fox is the man, but probably best as a 2nd guy. Bagley has major potential but has failed to stay healthy. Last years failure led us to Haliburton and Monte.

Idk that Barnes/Buddy are in the long term plans, but i'm certainly not rushing to dump either for some scraps and late 1st round picks. If we can get other nice young players then i'm in. But I want a young dude with potential and an expiring contract.

Obviously the money doesn't work but id take someone like DDV/Expiring for Hield. Not interested in some trash like Taurean Prince + late 1st for Barnes. If we are taking on other long term money then the value better be amazing.
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 728
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#62 » by SmellingColors » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:30 am

Haliburton out with a bone bruise on the wrist he fell on. Hopefully nothing too serious.
OGSactownballer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,295
And1: 508
Joined: Oct 02, 2005

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#63 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:54 pm

Read my last post on our trade thread. Something really interesting that I heard and would be really happy about if it happened.
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,992
And1: 3,921
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#64 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:19 am

Free Metu
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 728
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#65 » by SmellingColors » Tue Feb 2, 2021 3:44 am

That Fox game was nice, but looking ahead there's probably a losing streak coming. Celtics, Nuggets, Clippers, Sixers are the next 4.
User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,992
And1: 3,921
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#66 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 5, 2021 4:01 am

I'd just like to publicly acknowledge Monte McNair absolutely made the right call in letting Bogi walk.


That is all.
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,744
And1: 1,671
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#67 » by nolang1 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 10:34 pm

City of Trees wrote:I'd just like to publicly acknowledge Monte McNair absolutely made the right call in letting Bogi walk.


That is all.


Yeah, he had quite the offseason considering the Kings should also have DiVincenzo (who's continued to improve from 3) taking all of Cory Joseph's minutes and then some.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,288
And1: 3,075
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#68 » by codydaze » Mon Feb 8, 2021 9:57 pm

Fox named Western Conference player of the week. Well deserved.

Read on Twitter
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 728
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#69 » by SmellingColors » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:37 pm

I thought this 4 game stretch would spark a losing streak - BOS, DEN, LAC, PHI - but they've managed to go 3-0 in this stretch so far with Philly tomorrow. I'm just going to take it one game at a time, but anywhere from 4-8 (and obviously down all the way to 14) seems doable a this point.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but we have a shot at getting into the playoffs outright...
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 4,288
And1: 3,075
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#70 » by codydaze » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:41 pm

SmellingColors wrote:I thought this 4 game stretch would spark a losing streak - BOS, DEN, LAC, PHI - but they've managed to go 3-0 in this stretch so far with Philly tomorrow. I'm just going to take it one game at a time, but anywhere from 4-8 (and obviously down all the way to 14) seems doable a this point.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but we have a shot at getting into the playoffs outright...


That definitely could be possible. I know there's strength of schedule numbers available somewhere and I don't have those but I feel like we've had a pretty rough schedule to start the year. If we can hit an easier stretch and handle business the way we should, we can definitely start to make a push.
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 728
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#71 » by SmellingColors » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:51 pm

codydaze wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:I thought this 4 game stretch would spark a losing streak - BOS, DEN, LAC, PHI - but they've managed to go 3-0 in this stretch so far with Philly tomorrow. I'm just going to take it one game at a time, but anywhere from 4-8 (and obviously down all the way to 14) seems doable a this point.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but we have a shot at getting into the playoffs outright...


That definitely could be possible. I know there's strength of schedule numbers available somewhere and I don't have those but I feel like we've had a pretty rough schedule to start the year. If we can hit an easier stretch and handle business the way we should, we can definitely start to make a push.


This website says we've had the 2nd hardest schedule so far, but have the 12th hardest schedule remaining. So it should get easier. Problem is SA, GS, HOU, POR, DAL, DEN, PHX all have easier schedules. Only MEM, NO, MIN, and OKC have tougher schedules in the West and right now they're on the outside looking in.

So unless this change in Fox & co. is real, then I'm probably over-idealistic about our odds.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nba/strength-of-schedule.php
kalenclayton
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,806
And1: 1,251
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#72 » by kalenclayton » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:25 am

Let’s bask in this 7th seed business!
kalenclayton
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,806
And1: 1,251
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#73 » by kalenclayton » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:58 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
graymule
Rookie
Posts: 1,158
And1: 1,206
Joined: Jun 18, 2004

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#74 » by graymule » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm

:banghead:

In the east, Hawks are 0-4. In the west, Kings are 0-4.

Come on guys. I need some relief !!

:(
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 11,280
And1: 6,921
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#75 » by RipPizzaGuy » Thu Mar 4, 2021 11:52 pm

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022000551

Decided to go look at the L2m Report from yesterday after how awful the officiating was.

No mention of the clear 4 steps by Schroder. Correct Call on Fox's 5th and 6th foul on Schroder.

How can we ever expect the officiating to be legit when this L2M is a crock of ****?
kalenclayton
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,806
And1: 1,251
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#76 » by kalenclayton » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:08 am

The Kings waive Daquan Jeffries to pick up Damian Jones? Ok. I guess that makes a little sense, but I feel like Silva should’ve gotten a bigger chance. Sure Jones is really big, but is he really that much better than the other candidates for backup big?

Read on Twitter
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 24,862
And1: 5,175
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#77 » by KF10 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:38 pm

Fox is playing out of his mind but this team isn’t good enough. Should have bottom out when they had the chance too. Now, the Kings are in the familiar place where they don’t suck too bad but not good enough.

NBA purgatory for 15 straight years.
OGSactownballer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,295
And1: 508
Joined: Oct 02, 2005

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#78 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:03 pm

They can dump the rest of the season and have a better than even chance at a good pick or the ability to trade up.

I posted a question about that on the T and T board. I expect the usual clowns but also would like a true opinion as I see Mobley as the third core guy with Fox and Hali and I think that they should do what they need (or move future pick/s and other assets) to do to secure at least the #2 pick to get him.
kalenclayton
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,806
And1: 1,251
Joined: Feb 13, 2014
   

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#79 » by kalenclayton » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:They can dump the rest of the season and have a better than even chance at a good pick or the ability to trade up.

I posted a question about that on the T and T board. I expect the usual clowns but also would like a true opinion as I see Mobley as the third core guy with Fox and Hali and I think that they should do what they need (or move future pick/s and other assets) to do to secure at least the #2 pick to get him.

So I love the idea of Mobley with Fox and Hali. I just can’t see a way to get to the 2nd pick without mortgaging too much. I can’t see a team in the lotto in a situation where they can value our players enough to move Mobley for. We don’t even have very many players with neutral-positive value after Fox and Hali. The only way I see it is if the Kings jump into the top 4. If the team could move from 2 to 4, then they could probably request a top-4 protected ‘22 pick and 4 for 2. That works, but I’m having a hard time identifying who wouldn’t be enamored with Mobley there. I know some team is going to have Mobley lower, but I just can figure out who.
SmellingColors
Senior
Posts: 728
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 14, 2010

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#80 » by SmellingColors » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:42 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:They can dump the rest of the season and have a better than even chance at a good pick or the ability to trade up.

I posted a question about that on the T and T board. I expect the usual clowns but also would like a true opinion as I see Mobley as the third core guy with Fox and Hali and I think that they should do what they need (or move future pick/s and other assets) to do to secure at least the #2 pick to get him.

So I love the idea of Mobley with Fox and Hali. I just can’t see a way to get to the 2nd pick without mortgaging too much. I can’t see a team in the lotto in a situation where they can value our players enough to move Mobley for. We don’t even have very many players with neutral-positive value after Fox and Hali. The only way I see it is if the Kings jump into the top 4. If the team could move from 2 to 4, then they could probably request a top-4 protected ‘22 pick and 4 for 2. That works, but I’m having a hard time identifying who wouldn’t be enamored with Mobley there. I know some team is going to have Mobley lower, but I just can figure out who.


Maybe the Rockets with Christian Wood already as a big man if they like Suggs? The Wolves if they don't move KAT and don't see a fit? Maybe the Magic if they think they can refresh Wendell Carter and want a scorer/playmaker in Green/Suggs?

Return to Sacramento Kings