ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread G6: Kings(3-2) at Rockets (1-2) @2pm

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Re: Game Thread G6: Kings(3-2) at Rockets (1-2) @2pm 

Post#21 » by MarxyLebronist » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:31 am

codydaze wrote:The game wasn't even a blowout and we clearly missed Haliburton on both ends of the floor, talk of blowing up the roster and firing Luke are overreactions.

The fourth quarter tonight and the second half of the Phoenix loss has been the only bad basketball we've played this season. With that said, I can get behind the idea of moving Bagley if we can get a solid 3&D wing and/or some solid future assets, I think wing depth is the biggest thing we're missing right now.

Nah it’s all crystal clear, but apologism is less work.
Moving Bagley and Hield is the blow up. Holmes too soon.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#22 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:46 am

codydaze wrote:The game wasn't even a blowout and we clearly missed Haliburton on both ends of the floor, talk of blowing up the roster and firing Luke are overreactions.

The fourth quarter tonight and the second half of the Phoenix loss has been the only bad basketball we've played this season. With that said, I can get behind the idea of moving Bagley if we can get a solid 3&D wing and/or some solid future assets, I think wing depth is the biggest thing we're missing right now.

Funny cuz we had a pretty decent wing we let walk for nothing who would have been great tonight. I don't disagree we need a wing, but I think we need another playmaker who can help Hali/Fox.

That said Walton didn't settle the team the entire 4th. As bad as we played, that was still a winnable game. Rockets weren't playing that amazing either.

Fox was running out of control.

We missed Haliburton badly tonight. Its sad that a rookie is our steading presence but the guy plays like a vet.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#23 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:04 am

Keeping him in the first place was delusion. Keeping him on much longer and it likely requires the former. When you sweep a FO you fire his coach.
MarxyLebronist
Senior

Post#24 » by MarxyLebronist » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:05 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Funny cuz we had a pretty decent wing we let walk for nothing who would have been great tonight. I don't disagree we need a wing, but I think we need another playmaker who can help Hali/Fox.

That said Walton didn't settle the team the entire 4th. As bad as we played, that was still a winnable game. Rockets weren't playing that amazing either.

We missed Haliburton badly tonight. Its sad that a rookie is our steading presence but the guy plays like a vet.

It’s great they see Haliburton as the untouchable future. Hope they’ve got the phones ringing on everyone else besides Fox obviously. And I’d buy Barnes for the year with Haliburton under Gentry.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,535

Post#25 » by codydaze » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:25 am

MarxyLebronist wrote:

Nah it’s all crystal clear, but apologism is less work.
Moving Bagley and Hield is the blow up. Holmes too soon.

I agree with trading Bagley if we can find the right deal but strongly disagree with trading Buddy. I would have been okay with it if we kept Bogdan but he's far and away the best shooter on the team even if he's in a slump to start the year. If Haliburton plays, this game is a lot different and the tune in the thread would be too.
MarxyLebronist
Senior

Post#26 » by MarxyLebronist » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:29 am

Watching ATL CLE right now. Definitely more smarts in a Haliburton Bogdanovic pairing. Intrigued by the Drummond situation and would be interested in packaging Hield with Bagley for him if CLE would.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#27 » by codydaze » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:29 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

Keeping him in the first place was delusion. Keeping him on much longer and it likely requires the former. When you sweep a FO you fire his coach.

I don't necessarily disagree that Walton isn't the ideal coach and wouldn't be opposed to moving on but calling for Walton to be fired after one bad quarter when we have looked like a much improved team this year is a textbook overreaction.

He should have made a lineup change in the fourth, no doubt about it but I'm not going to ignore the improvements we've seemed to have made this year because of it.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#28 » by codydaze » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:33 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I think we need a defensive wing more than we have a need for a player like Bogdan. We would have gotten a return if Milwaukee didn't screw things up but there's nothing we can do about it now. A defensive player at the 3 that allows Barnes to move to the 4 is what we are missing in my opinion.
MarxyLebronist
Senior

Post#29 » by MarxyLebronist » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:39 am

Had Harden played, it would have been even worse.
I wonder what Bjelica and Parker’s expirings could help get.
Ps SAC helped mess up the trade. Who was the defensive wing in the deal?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#30 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:44 am

codydaze wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree that Walton isn't the ideal coach and wouldn't be opposed to moving on but calling for Walton to be fired after one bad quarter when we have looked like a much improved team this year is a textbook overreaction.

He should have made a lineup change in the fourth, no doubt about it but I'm not going to ignore the improvements we've seemed to have made this year because of it.

I think its more so that we knew Walton wasn't capable coming into the year. Sounds like owners too cheap to pay 2 coaches and 2 GMs this season. Can't really blame him with covid.

But at this point whats the point of keeping a lame duck head coach? Our early season wins weren't really about him. More so him staying out of the way. That doesn't really work long term though. You need someone who can think on the fly. Waltons proven he cannot.
MarxyLebronist
Senior

Post#31 » by MarxyLebronist » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:48 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
codydaze wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I think its more so that we knew Walton wasn't capable coming into the year. Sounds like owners too cheap to pay 2 coaches and 2 GMs this season. Can't really blame him with covid.

But at this point whats the point of keeping a lame duck head coach? Our early season wins weren't really about him. More so him staying out of the way. That doesn't really work long term though. You need someone who can think on the fly. Waltons proven he cannot.

Right and Gentrys no genius but he’s got gravity and experience. Culture change overnight. Paying both either way.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#32 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:50 am

codydaze wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

When you sweep a FO and fire your GM, his coach goes too. It's like air and breathing. They go hand in hand. They left the job half finished until they do right, wrong, or indifferent.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by codydaze » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:52 am

MarxyLebronist wrote:Had Harden played, it would have been even worse.
I wonder what Bjelica and Parker’s expirings could help get.
Ps SAC helped mess up the trade. Who was the defensive wing in the deal?

Parker has zero trade value.

We did not help mess up the trade, it was on Milwaukee for having an agreement with Bogdan. We had every right to discuss possible trade scenarios for him which is why we didn't get hit with tampering penalties. And Divincenzo is a really solid defensive player. He might not have the size to play the three but he's a far better defensive player than Bogdan.
MarxyLebronist
Senior

Post#34 » by MarxyLebronist » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:52 am

Anyway, Drummond likely commands more than Bagley and a Hield contract dump. He’s beasting.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#35 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:56 am

If the Kings decide to full blow up at some point they do have some decent expirings to take on garbage contracts along with future picks. That's about the only hope considering they've done little in the last few years to actually raise the values of players through blatant misuse. They've just proceeded to tarnish most of them or wait so long that they couldn't get value back out in time.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#36 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:38 am

whiteside received 0 minutes because he’s unplayable IMO

His offense that’s not right around the rim, which even that he’s suspect, is like a turnover. He wasn’t moving well or interested last game at all

Return to Sacramento Kings