Game Thread G9: 01/08 Kings (4-4) vs Raptors (1-6) 7pm

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Game Thread G9: 01/08 Kings (4-4) vs Raptors (1-6) 7pm 

Post#21 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:59 pm

City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:God damn I miss Grant. This announcer is so trash. Feels like I'm watching an away game. Such low energy

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
All Grant does is repeat the players last name.

Fox. FOx. FOX. De'Aaron Fox.

Lame.

You are really telling me low energy Kyle Draper is better. Its clear the route the Kings went. This dude has zero enthusiasm, knows less about the Kings than any of us. You can tell hes not cut out for the job.

Say what you want about Grant, but he loved the team, he put in work to get to know the team, and he always brought energy. When Hali hit that huge 3 vs the bulls he would have been going wild. Instead we get some low energy "Tyrese Haliburton Bang with the 3"

I love Doug, but my god its hard enough to watch this team this year, Draper makes me want to mute the TV.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#22 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:24 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:God damn I miss Grant. This announcer is so trash. Feels like I'm watching an away game. Such low energy

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
All Grant does is repeat the players last name.

Fox. FOx. FOX. De'Aaron Fox.

Lame.

You are really telling me low energy Kyle Draper is better. Its clear the route the Kings went. This dude has zero enthusiasm, knows less about the Kings than any of us. You can tell hes not cut out for the job.

Say what you want about Grant, but he loved the team, he put in work to get to know the team, and he always brought energy. When Hali hit that huge 3 vs the bulls he would have been going wild. Instead we get some low energy "Tyrese Haliburton Bang with the 3"

I love Doug, but my god its hard enough to watch this team this year, Draper makes me want to mute the TV.
It's my understanding Draper doesn't have much experience as a PBP, or this is his first PBP gig.

Draper's not great but he doesn't bother me. But I can see why a few people will be annoyed by him.

On the other hand Mark Jones is amazing.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#23 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:29 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Team would be much more entertaining starting Hali

But that is some time away. Can’t not start Buddy/Bagley or they will whine, and can’t be moved for various reasons
I can't imagine how horrible the bench will play without Hali.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#24 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:03 pm

City of Trees wrote:Bjelica shouldn't get anymore playing time. The roster has passed him by. Things fall apart when he's in there. Can't rotate.

If you are going to bag on players for poor defense Bagley and Buddy are the place to start. Their defensive ratings are abysmal.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#25 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:15 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Bjelica shouldn't get anymore playing time. The roster has passed him by. Things fall apart when he's in there. Can't rotate.

If you are going to bag on players for poor defense Bagley and Buddy are the place to start. Their defensive ratings are abysmal.

The eye test proves they are abysmal. These 2 were giving up layups left and right last night. This team has zero identity. Id trade everyone but Hali for Marcus Smart or Draymond right now.

Had a convo with someone last night. I said FVV is going nuts, guy cant miss. His reply "the old man in me says knock him on his ass one play". We just literally don't have a single dog on this team but Holmes. He can't do everything especially when hes in foul trouble.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:15 pm

City of Trees wrote:

But that is some time away. Can’t not start Buddy/Bagley or they will whine, and can’t be moved for various reasons

I've had enough of CoJo. Need to set Guy free.
Sactowndog

Post#27 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:26 pm

Bagley’s defensive abilities are just horrific. Players when guarded by Bagley shoot 57.1% which is 15.2% better than their average. He is #1 in that dubious honor in the league (for players playing more than 7 games) and leads by .8% which is a significant margin.

Hield is in the top 15 with an 8.7 gap to their average.

For those trashing Bjelicia.... -2.8
Sactowndog

Post#28 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:28 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

CoJo has been given assignments past his physical ability because the rest haven’t been as good. Fox needs to step up and take the lead defensive assignments.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#29 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:38 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I can't imagine how horrible the bench will play without Hali.

CoJo has been given assignments past his physical ability because the rest haven’t been as good. Fox needs to step up and take the lead defensive assignments.

CoJo is just an absolute offensive nightmare. Hes a liability in every sense. Hes not good at anything offensively. He had a few games early in the season where he had lucky shots drop.

The problem with this team is we have very limited amounts of 2 way players. Hali, Holmes, and to some extent Barnes/Fox. The rest are either useless on offense, or useless on defense. Can't win like that.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#30 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:26 pm

Sactowndog wrote:

Agreed their defense is charmin soft however Bagley is your developing prospect and Buddy at least provides an elite talent while you hope to find a trade.

Bjelica isn't doing much of anything and he's a 30 year old expiring. I'm ready to move on.
Sactowndog

Post#31 » by Sactowndog » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 am

City of Trees wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Agreed their defense is charmin soft however Bagley is your developing prospect and Buddy at least provides an elite talent while you hope to find a trade.

Bjelica isn't doing much of anything and he's a 30 year old expiring. I'm ready to move on.

Well in terms of future plans I agree the Kings should trade Nemanja as he is widely respected around the league.

On another note: Bogi hyperextended his knee in the game against Charlotte tonight. Some chance it’s an ACL tear.

Return to Sacramento Kings