ImageImageImageImageImage

The deterioration of RealGM

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

OGSactownballer
Assistant Coach
And1: 558

The deterioration of RealGM 

Post#1 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:28 pm

I cannot be the only one that is absolutely sick of the inundation of pop up ads. I cannot even read an article or posts anymore without the screen doing a jitterbug on me from the massive dump of ads.

Might be quitting the site soon as it’s always been a virus risk (ruined two computers from this sites garbage). And now I cannot even avoid it with my I phone.
kb02
Rookie
And1: 541

Re: The deterioration of RealGM 

Post#2 » by kb02 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:18 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:I cannot be the only one that is absolutely sick of the inundation of pop up ads. I cannot even read an article or posts anymore without the screen doing a jitterbug on me from the massive dump of ads.

Might be quitting the site soon as it’s always been a virus risk (ruined two computers from this sites garbage). And now I cannot even avoid it with my I phone.

I had that problem until I bought the latest Iphone. Those pop ups are just noise now.
OGSactownballer
Assistant Coach
And1: 558

Post#3 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:22 pm

kb02 wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:I cannot be the only one that is absolutely sick of the inundation of pop up ads. I cannot even read an article or posts anymore without the screen doing a jitterbug on me from the massive dump of ads.

I had that problem until I bought the latest Iphone. Those pop ups are just noise now.

Is there a setting I am missing?

I have a 12 pro max and I still get them.
kb02
Rookie
And1: 541

Post#4 » by kb02 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:17 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:
kb02 wrote:

I don't have any special settings beyond me browsing everything on private mode. In the past, with an older Iphone and Ipad, it would take forever to load RealGM pages. Since I upgraded to the latest models for each, those issues went away. I still get pop ups, but they're discarded easily without slowing me down.
God Squad
General Manager
And1: 4,442

Post#5 » by God Squad » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:03 am

OGSactownballer wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Download adblock (Google Chrome extention). I use chrome as my phone and cpu browser.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#6 » by LAL1947 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:56 am

God Squad wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Download adblock (Google Chrome extention). I use chrome as my phone and cpu browser.

Install "uBlock Origin" on every browser on your computer. It's the best ad blocking add-on, free and open source.

Look for that name exactly as there is another uBlock made by someone else, which is a lesser imitation that you don't want.

Also, Chrome is a resource hog. I'd use Firefox on both Windows and MacOS instead.

Can't help with the iPhone since I use Android. Cheers

Return to Sacramento Kings