ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 8 Thread - Kings (3-4) vs Pelicans (1-7)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 8 Thread - Kings (3-4) vs Pelicans (1-7) 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:33 pm

Read on Twitter
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Re: Game 8 Thread - Kings (3-4) vs Pelicans (1-7) 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 4, 2021 1:05 am

I don't think we are anywhere near good enough to "expect" a win. But I will say if we do lose badly, this one will probably be bad for morale.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#3 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 4, 2021 2:43 am

That start of the second has to be the best couple of minute defense I can recall in ages for us.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:51 am

blind prophet wrote:That start of the second has to be the best couple of minute defense I can recall in ages for us.
Didn't get to watch tonight. Box score looks promising for Fox. How did he do?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 4, 2021 6:22 am

I could be in the minority here but I like the Len/Thompson rotation based on match up.

Watching this roster has been different from years past because it's well rounded with depth. First time in years it feels like I'm watching real NBA basketball when it's my team.

Lastly, Hali glad you could join us this season.

Ty is so good when he's on.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#6 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 4, 2021 11:07 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:That start of the second has to be the best couple of minute defense I can recall in ages for us.

He was aggressive taking his shots in the first half. Tyrese facilitated a lot more in the second half. Wasn't quite enough for me to think he's out of his rut just yet. Maybe a 75% version of last years Fox.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:22 pm

blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

He was aggressive taking his shots in the first half. Tyrese facilitated a lot more in the second half. Wasn't quite enough for me to think he's out of his rut just yet. Maybe a 75% version of last years Fox.

I'm fine with Hali/Mitchell taking over a fair portion of the facilitating. Hali/Holmes pick and roll is proving to be deadly. After all we brought these guys in to take some of that load off Fox.

If we get Fox up to where we know he can be, this team can beat anyone. We've been competitive every night against an insane schedule. To me the real test started last night and continues the next 2 weeks. They need to be able to easily beat these bad teams. Thats the difference between the playoffs and not. Can't have these cheap losses against teams like the Rockets, Pistons, etc..

BTW have you guys compared the Lakers 1st 9 vs ours? Its laughable..
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:26 pm

City of Trees wrote:I could be in the minority here but I like the Len/Thompson rotation based on match up.

Watching this roster has been different from years past because it's well rounded with depth. First time in years it feels like I'm watching real NBA basketball when it's my team.

Lastly, Hali glad you could join us this season.

Ty is so good when he's on.

I was very happy when they brought Len back. Didn't really care much for the Tristan trade because I actually liked Wright (would have preferred to move Bagley). And now with Davis struggling we see that Wright could have had a small role on this team.

Hal has been a joy to watch. I was so disappointed how slow he started the season, hes just such a smart/unselfish player that he wants everyone else to get comfortable before he finds his groove. Hali becoming a consistent 18/6 this season is extremely do-able and significantly raised the teams ceiling.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#9 » by blind prophet » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:06 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Didn't get to watch tonight. Box score looks promising for Fox. How did he do?

I'm fine with Hali/Mitchell taking over a fair portion of the facilitating. Hali/Holmes pick and roll is proving to be deadly. After all we brought these guys in to take some of that load off Fox.

If we get Fox up to where we know he can be, this team can beat anyone. We've been competitive every night against an insane schedule. To me the real test started last night and continues the next 2 weeks. They need to be able to easily beat these bad teams. Thats the difference between the playoffs and not. Can't have these cheap losses against teams like the Rockets, Pistons, etc..

BTW have you guys compared the Lakers 1st 9 vs ours? Its laughable..

Your observations are keen man.

Kings ranked 4th in SOS, Lakers well

:lol:

Dead last.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nba/strength-of-schedule.php

Return to Sacramento Kings