ImageImageImageImageImage

POLL: Play-in or Blow it up

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Should the Kings blow it up or push for the play in?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:36 am

Blow it up
100%
Push for the Play in
No votes

Total votes: 12

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

POLL: Play-in or Blow it up 

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:36 am

Time to see where we stand as a group. Please vote.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Re: POLL: Play-in or Blow it up 

Post#2 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:00 am

The organization is acting antagonistically to the franchise's fans desires for a rebuild. Why?

If its the ownership needing ticket sales, not allowing the team to have a future grounded in basketball logic, they need to be held accountable if the team does something dumb like forfeit future for vets who dont move the needle and will leave in a couple years

Any trade has to be made with the logic of long term building. Young talent, that will not leave soon. At least then I could possibly reason it better than a draft. Such as Simmons, who wants to stay in California, is young etc.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:38 am

I voted to blow it up. I would like to see Buddy, Bagley, and Barnes on new teams by the deadline. Buddy for an expiring, Bagley for a 2nd, and Barnes for whatever value you can get in return. Holmes can go to for the right deal. The Hornets continue to come up when Holmes is mentioned. PJ Washington and a 2nd?

Bottom line, Kings need to reset their cap situation while breaking up the "core"

THT feels like a realistic buy-low target. Monte went shopping in the buy-low bargain bin at the dead line last season
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:27 am

City of Trees wrote:I voted to blow it up. I would like to see Buddy, Bagley, and Barnes on new teams by the deadline. Buddy for an expiring, Bagley for a 2nd, and Barnes for whatever value you can get in return. Holmes can go to for the right deal. The Hornets continue to come up when Holmes is mentioned. PJ Washington and a 2nd?

Bottom line, Kings need to reset their cap situation while breaking up the "core"

THT feels like a realistic buy-low target. Monte went shopping in the buy-low bargain bin at the dead line last season

I mean, no matter what option your for, I think everyone is becoming tired of Barnes/Hield/Holmes

They are becoming a morass of vet nothing. They offer no impact or leadership. For their own sakes and the teams, they need to be on teams where they are the 5th starter and aren't required to move the needle

No wonder their on the block
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#5 » by codydaze » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 pm

Definitely blow it up. I just don't see the point of pushing for the play in. If we did somehow actually make the play in, then what? We'll be fighting for that same spot every year.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#6 » by kb02 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:08 pm

Going for the play-in and treadmilling is a fireable offense.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#7 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:46 pm

Blow it up
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#8 » by jeffjtk1234 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:09 pm

I’m not for “blowing it up” without talent coming back in deals. I’m very tired of watching losing basketball, another 3-4 year rebuild sounds exhausting. And, while i know Monte drafted Hali, he also drafted Mitchell who has an extremely low ceiling. I think monte is a fine gm, but this roster is built so poorly and getting nothing back from bogi and drafting Mitchell are misses imo.

Thus, i am for reshuffling the deck and seeing where we land. I don’t have much interest in another 3-4 year rebuild. Maybe im crazy but it’s been long enough with nothing but losing seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#9 » by codydaze » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:04 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:I’m not for “blowing it up” without talent coming back in deals. I’m very tired of watching losing basketball, another 3-4 year rebuild sounds exhausting. And, while i know Monte drafted Hali, he also drafted Mitchell who has an extremely low ceiling. I think monte is a fine gm, but this roster is built so poorly and getting nothing back from bogi and drafting Mitchell are misses imo.

Thus, i am for reshuffling the deck and seeing where we land. I don’t have much interest in another 3-4 year rebuild. Maybe im crazy but it’s been long enough with nothing but losing seasons.

I'm sort of the opposite where it's been so long what's another 3-4 years if there's an actual plan in place to finally have some sustained success? Reshuffling the deck is going to keep us in this same doomed cycle unless we have some great luck. The sad thing is I feel like we had our lucky break in 2018 getting the second pick... :banghead:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#10 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:15 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:I’m not for “blowing it up” without talent coming back in deals. I’m very tired of watching losing basketball, another 3-4 year rebuild sounds exhausting. And, while i know Monte drafted Hali, he also drafted Mitchell who has an extremely low ceiling. I think monte is a fine gm, but this roster is built so poorly and getting nothing back from bogi and drafting Mitchell are misses imo.

Id agree with this if we had the talent to create a positive shuffle. I'm not sure we do. But this is likely the route we are going to take so interested to see what Monte can do.

As you mentioned its been pretty unimpressive so far. So i'm tempering any expectations.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:19 pm

codydaze wrote:

I'm sort of the opposite where it's been so long what's another 3-4 years if there's an actual plan in place to finally have some sustained success? Reshuffling the deck is going to keep us in this same doomed cycle unless we have some great luck. The sad thing is I feel like we had our lucky break in 2018 getting the second pick... :banghead:

I accepted that Doncic wasn't top 3 on Vlades big board. But I like to imagine a world where PHX took Doncic, we ended up with Ayton.

We then moved Fox to the 2 guard, and we were the ones who brought in CP3. And our roster was

CP3 - Fox - Bogdan - Barnes - Ayton
Delon Wright - Buddy - Holmes

At least then we could have made a few playoff appearances :lol: :lol: .
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#12 » by Silver Man » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:58 pm

Gotta blow it up. We are so far away from being a top tier western team that it would make zero sense to make moves for the play in game and hamper any potential future we have.
jeffjtk1234
Starter

Post#13 » by jeffjtk1234 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:17 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
codydaze wrote:

I accepted that Doncic wasn't top 3 on Vlades big board. But I like to imagine a world where PHX took Doncic, we ended up with Ayton.

We then moved Fox to the 2 guard, and we were the ones who brought in CP3. And our roster was

CP3 - Fox - Bogdan - Barnes - Ayton
Delon Wright - Buddy - Holmes

At least then we could have made a few playoff appearances :lol: :lol: .

We already tried to rebuild, got lotto lucky, and took Bagley. I’m over the losing. Stopped watching games earlier this year. As a fan, it’s exhausting, and i know y’all don’t agree with it, but give me a playoff series as an 8 seed and let’s get some excitement around here for once.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:27 am

jeffjtk1234 wrote:We already tried to rebuild, got lotto lucky, and took Bagley. I’m over the losing. Stopped watching games earlier this year. As a fan, it’s exhausting, and i know y’all don’t agree with it, but give me a playoff series as an 8 seed and let’s get some excitement around here for once.

I totally agree with you man. I'm just trying to be rational. 2-3 weeks ago that was realistic.

At this point we are 3.5 games out of the 10th seed, we are on a downwards trend. If I thought that trading for Jerami Grant or John Collins would help us get in the play-in id be more than fine with it.

Reality is that we are going to miss the play-in this year regardless. A superstar isn't walking through that door.

I don't want a long term rebuild either. I want a playoff series, even if it starts with a sweep. Teams have to start somewhere (look at Memphis). That said, we are just better served at this point to get a top draft pick and then exchange that for a real impact player.

If we trade for John Collins right now, all it does is ensure we are picking 10th instead of 3rd. Even if we don't plan on keeping that draft pick, the 3rd pick can get you a star, the 10th pick? Not so much.

I wanted to push the chips in last summer, they didn't. Doing so now is a more incompetence. Tank the rest of the season, get a top 4 draft pick. Make some serious improvements this summer (nobody should be off the table) and then lets get a real playoff series next year.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#15 » by blind prophet » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:43 am

Great poll topic.

Blow it up vote here.

The biggest questions for me and I'm not sure of either.

1. Do we trade Fox? This scares me some.
2. Is it better to do most of the trading on draft night or before the deadline?

I'm not sure on those two things. Would be annoyed if we traded Haliburton.
jeffjtk1234
Starter

Post#16 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:54 am

Fox has got to be tired of losing (or he’s indifferent which i think may be the case). Is he in for another rebuild? There’s two options right now. Trade literally everyone but fox and Hali and hope once again to secure a top 3 pick in the lottery and grab a potential star, or reshuffle. I guess more i think about it getting a top 3 pick in this draft sounds like the right path but i have 0 faith we actual develop anyone well.

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#17 » by sacking123 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:01 am

blind prophet wrote:Great poll topic.

Blow it up vote here.

The biggest questions for me and I'm not sure of either.

1. Do we trade Fox? This scares me some.
2. Is it better to do most of the trading on draft night or before the deadline?

I'm not sure on those two things. Would be annoyed if we traded Haliburton.

1. Has to be on the table but DO NOT sell low.

2. Expirings before the deadline if pick coming back along with 1 year at the most extra salary.
Large contracts - Wall/Horford (can't really do)/Gallo/Bledsoe
Mid contracts - KCP/Josh Richardson/Oubre/Powell/Ross/Favors/Saric

Line these up with 22-23 expirings in Barnes (if not traded)/Harkless/Len/Davis/Metu/Ramsey

If the Kings basically stand pat they will pick in the top 6. At the bare minimum, they can use that pick(s) along with Fox/Hali/Mitchell/Holmes to get a star player.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings

Return to Sacramento Kings