ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 53 Thread - Kings (18-34) vs Nets (29-21)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 53 Thread - Kings (18-34) vs Nets (29-21) 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Feb 2, 2022 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: Game 53 Thread - Kings (18-34) vs Nets (29-21) 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:11 am

Probably won't watch much tonight but curious how Davion does defensively vs Harden/Irving.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:26 am

Tyrese's inconsistency still showing, as a starter, not liking it.

I don't think there is any question this current iteration is better with Fox, but that still doesn't speak to whether the team should deal him at the deadline. This backcourt is young, and Fox should be better in a meaningless season at this stage. And whether you feel Fox is an answer long term really is a question regardless of how the team at this point looks without him (he didn't contribute positively this season as a whole, whether a good coach can get him to a place where his skill is consistently trumping his bad motor is up to the interpreter)

But without him the team would take some time to get off the ground as well. I like Hali/Mitchell but it will take them time, it looks like, and maybe I've been overrating them at this stage a bit..
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:58 am

Rese heard me it looks like.. Davion has produced as a young starter IMO
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 3, 2022 5:09 am

This run came with the vet nothing (Holmes/Barnes/Hield) off the floor

The vet nothing is helping the tank as I said in the trade thread
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#6 » by sacking123 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 7:29 am

BoogieTime wrote:Tyrese's inconsistency still showing, as a starter, not liking it.

I don't think there is any question this current iteration is better with Fox, but that still doesn't speak to whether the team should deal him at the deadline. This backcourt is young, and Fox should be better in a meaningless season at this stage. And whether you feel Fox is an answer long term really is a question regardless of how the team at this point looks without him (he didn't contribute positively this season as a whole, whether a good coach can get him to a place where his skill is consistently trumping his bad motor is up to the interpreter)

But without him the team would take some time to get off the ground as well. I like Hali/Mitchell but it will take them time, it looks like, and maybe I've been overrating them at this stage a bit..

No, you haven't been overrating them, they're just young. They will get there. Fox is also still young. He will get there. Mitchell isn't much younger than Fox. The salary doesn't matter at all at this stage of a build. It's whether you can see them long term. I personally still believe Fox is better suited (in this team) as a 3 in an interchangeable guard rotation. I think he has started to get used to this on offense as Hali has taken more lead ball handling duties when they have been paired. But the kicker is when Davion is in there for D.

Look at who the Nets started, Harden (6-5), Irving (6-2), Mills (6-1) and then even throw in Edwards (6-8). I know that's not their typical starters, but who cares, throw in Harris (6-6) and any one of the 3 of the Kings can guard him.
It's not hard to think that Mitchell (6-2), Fox (6-3), Hali (6-5) can't match up on them. Or look at the top of the West.
Phoenix - Paul (6-0)/Mitchell, Booker (6-5)/Hali, Bridges (6-6)/Fox
Warriors - Steph (6-2)/Mitchell, Klay 6-6)/Hali, Wiggins (6-7)/Fox
Memphis - Morant (6-3)/Mitchell, Bane (6-5)/Fox, Brooks (6-6)/Hali
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#7 » by sacking123 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 7:33 am

BoogieTime wrote:This run came with the vet nothing (Holmes/Barnes/Hield) off the floor

The vet nothing is helping the tank as I said in the trade thread

To be fair Barnes and Hield were the teams leading two scorers, along with Mitchell with 18. And Buddy had the 2nd biggest +/-. Not that he played particularly well or anything, but IMO there wasn't one Kings player that had a really good game.

I am worried about Holmes though. He obviously is concerned with the eye injuries still.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#8 » by BoogieTime » Thu Feb 3, 2022 7:43 pm

simonbampfield wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Tyrese's inconsistency still showing, as a starter, not liking it.

No, you haven't been overrating them, they're just young. They will get there. Fox is also still young. He will get there. Mitchell isn't much younger than Fox. The salary doesn't matter at all at this stage of a build. It's whether you can see them long term. I personally still believe Fox is better suited (in this team) as a 3 in an interchangeable guard rotation. I think he has started to get used to this on offense as Hali has taken more lead ball handling duties when they have been paired. But the kicker is when Davion is in there for D.

Look at who the Nets started, Harden (6-5), Irving (6-2), Mills (6-1) and then even throw in Edwards (6-8). I know that's not their typical starters, but who cares, throw in Harris (6-6) and any one of the 3 of the Kings can guard him.
It's not hard to think that Mitchell (6-2), Fox (6-3), Hali (6-5) can't match up on them. Or look at the top of the West.
Phoenix - Paul (6-0)/Mitchell, Booker (6-5)/Hali, Bridges (6-6)/Fox
Warriors - Steph (6-2)/Mitchell, Klay 6-6)/Hali, Wiggins (6-7)/Fox
Memphis - Morant (6-3)/Mitchell, Bane (6-5)/Fox, Brooks (6-6)/Hali

It will be interesting to see if that could work. When Mitchell was drafted, aside from suggested the Fox/Simmons swap I also hoped that Fox or Mitchell could move to SG and Hali SF eventually, and possibly play together. Fox's defense shouldn't be at PG anyways.

I haven't been team Fox but I do think he can possibly be better with a better coach and as the team matures, if the right deal isnt there for him, but we will see

Return to Sacramento Kings