ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 73 Thread - Kings (25-47) vs Suns (57-14)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 73 Thread - Kings (25-47) vs Suns (57-14) 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Re: Game 72 Thread - Kings (25-46) vs Suns (42-28) 

Post#2 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:31 am

Holding out some hope for Mitchell. Hes the most head scratching player. Games like tonight you think hes got a clear path to being an above average starting point guard, other games its like hes the worst offensive player in the league.

Really would hope for more consistency out of a 23 year old, but maybe that will come with time .
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:43 am

clutch tank. Davion/DDV looked solid, though stupid Gentry still playing games with DDV's time. shut down Fox and Sabonis for the season now, or there is bad management. there has been bad, anti tank management/coaching in the past, dont want to see it now

I'm going to ask again, what is Harrison Barnes? Do you extend his oft-invisible behind as a 5th starter?
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Post#4 » by rpa » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:11 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Holding out some hope for Mitchell. Hes the most head scratching player. Games like tonight you think hes got a clear path to being an above average starting point guard, other games its like hes the worst offensive player in the league.

Really would hope for more consistency out of a 23 year old, but maybe that will come with time .

You can chart Mitchell's good and bad games almost entirely on his 3pt shooting on any given night. If he shoots reasonably well (36%+) it's almost always a good game. When he doesn't shoot that well (lots of 0-fers in the game logs) he's going to look unplayable.

His inconsistency also isn't surprising either. He had one good year of 3pt shooting in college (45%--a crazy outlier--compared to his other 2 reasons: 29% and 32%) and has never shot FT throws (college career 66%).

Said before: it was a horrible pick.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:39 pm

rpa wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Holding out some hope for Mitchell. Hes the most head scratching player. Games like tonight you think hes got a clear path to being an above average starting point guard, other games its like hes the worst offensive player in the league.

You can chart Mitchell's good and bad games almost entirely on his 3pt shooting on any given night. If he shoots reasonably well (36%+) it's almost always a good game. When he doesn't shoot that well (lots of 0-fers in the game logs) he's going to look unplayable.

His inconsistency also isn't surprising either. He had one good year of 3pt shooting in college (45%--a crazy outlier--compared to his other 2 reasons: 29% and 32%) and has never shot FT throws (college career 66%).

Said before: it was a horrible pick.

Ya I was very disappointed with the pick at the time. It doesn't look any better today than it did then. When I say I'm "holding out some hope", I'm saying if he can improve his consistency he can be a solid backup guard who can give you that shooting boost 1/5 games.

Like I said many times. Its a shame the Kings won those end of year games last season. Franz or Kuminga would be incredible on this team.

We still made a bad decision, Duarte if we wanted a more polished player, or Bouknight/Moody if we wanted to develop a player.

I'm praying Monte learned his lesson and just forces Gentry to keep Sabonis/Fox out the rest of the season. We are in 5th place. Knowing the Kings we have 4 winnable games of the last 9 (Pacers, Magic, Houston 2x) we will end up winning 3/4 of those games passing up Portland/Indiana and giving SA a run to settle into 7-8. And some fans will still buy the "momentum heading into next season crap"
rpa
RealGM

Post#6 » by rpa » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:29 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm praying Monte learned his lesson and just forces Gentry to keep Sabonis/Fox out the rest of the season. We are in 5th place. Knowing the Kings we have 4 winnable games of the last 9 (Pacers, Magic, Houston 2x) we will end up winning 3/4 of those games passing up Portland/Indiana and giving SA a run to settle into 7-8. And some fans will still buy the "momentum heading into next season crap"

The good news is that the Spurs and Blazers play each other three times in the final 10/12 games. To me that makes it highly unlikely they fall below both those teams (it's still mathematically possible, but extremely unlikely). So I think their floor (or ceiling, depending on how you view it) is the #7 slot.

Portland still has the easiest remaining schedule (SAS x 3, OKC x 2, HOU x 2, DET x 1) too.

If I had to guess on a spot I think the #6 seems most reasonably with Indy taking the #5 and Portland winning a couple of those easy games to finish 1 game better. That said, the Kings are the Kings so 7th it is.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:45 pm

rpa wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm praying Monte learned his lesson and just forces Gentry to keep Sabonis/Fox out the rest of the season. We are in 5th place. Knowing the Kings we have 4 winnable games of the last 9 (Pacers, Magic, Houston 2x) we will end up winning 3/4 of those games passing up Portland/Indiana and giving SA a run to settle into 7-8. And some fans will still buy the "momentum heading into next season crap"

The good news is that the Spurs and Blazers play each other three times in the final 10/12 games. To me that makes it highly unlikely they fall below both those teams (it's still mathematically possible, but extremely unlikely). So I think their floor (or ceiling, depending on how you view it) is the #7 slot.

Portland still has the easiest remaining schedule (SAS x 3, OKC x 2, HOU x 2, DET x 1) too.

If I had to guess on a spot I think the #6 seems most reasonably with Indy taking the #5 and Portland winning a couple of those easy games to finish 1 game better. That said, the Kings are the Kings so 7th it is.

Pacers look like they have 1-3 winnable games (max) from here on out. Sac, Pistons and possibly Atlanta. Our game vs them will decide if we have a slim chance finishing ahead of them. Even if we lose to them we can't win more than 2 games the rest of the season either.

I personally don't see Portland winning another game. The lineup they are putting out there is awful. They are committed to the tank.

Ugh, damn Kings. Any team with half a brain just shuts down Fox, Sabonis, Barnes, Holiday, for the rest of the season. Call up Queta play him 30mpg. Sign a few G-Leaguers to 10 days. Why do I feel like we are going to hear Fox is going to play Wednesday?
rpa
RealGM

Post#8 » by rpa » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:50 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I personally don't see Portland winning another game.

:D
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:02 am

rpa wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I personally don't see Portland winning another game.

:D

Checked the box score and instantly thought about this.

Thankfully I forgot the Pistons employ Marvin Bagley and Killian Hayes. Portlands replacement players at least try on defense :lol: :lol:

Return to Sacramento Kings