ImageImageImageImageImage

The Keegan Murray thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,773

Re: The Keegan Murray concern thread 

Post#41 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:00 am

City of Trees wrote:In the month of January, Keegan Murray is averaging 14.4pts/ 5.8reb/ 1.2ast while shooting 52/51/93, ts% 71. Kings have gone 8-4 and are 3rd in the West.

You can tell a light has gone off for Keegan, who has now posted two double double's in the last 5 games. He's turning it up. Missed his 3rd DD by one rebound last night.

Also, I'd like to suggest Boogie change the name of this thread. What do you say Boogie?

I don’t mind… if you guys would like…
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,570

Re: The Keegan Murray thread 

Post#42 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:37 am

My biggest concern for him was his physicality. Didn't fight for rebounds, settled only for 3s. This last month, wow. He's taken the training wheels off and realizes what it is to be a true nba player. So awesome to watch this kid grow.

Monte got us a real one. Keegan is the answer for how the kings take a legit next step.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#43 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:38 am

Read on Twitter
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#44 » by BoogieTime » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:10 am

City of Trees wrote:
Read on Twitter

I appreciate it. Its a record, and he's been playing better recently (not against the wolves).

Am I ready to call it a successful season when I thought he would be stamping out a borderline playoff career putting up 18/7+ nightly pushing for ROY? No. Do I have my concerns still? Yes. But for tonight, its a record
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 773

Post#45 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed May 10, 2023 5:47 am

He badly needs to add 5-10 pounds of muscle to his frame which will allow him to defend 4s better and keep him on the floor. He also needs to work on his handle and maybe incorporate some floaters or drives and finishes at the rim. He has to do something in response to defenders contesting his threes. Right now he's a very good role player, like a Michael Porter Jr. But I'm hoping he's more than one-dimensional like that.
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,104

Post#46 » by OxAndFox » Wed May 10, 2023 10:25 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:He badly needs to add 5-10 pounds of muscle to his frame which will allow him to defend 4s better and keep him on the floor. He also needs to work on his handle and maybe incorporate some floaters or drives and finishes at the rim. He has to do something in response to defenders contesting his threes. Right now he's a very good role player, like a Michael Porter Jr. But I'm hoping he's more than one-dimensional like that.

If Keegan can strip that puppy fat down and add some muscle like you mention it will go a long way.
Outside of basketball I would like to see Keegan work with an athletics coach to improve foot speed and agility.
IMO the 3 is his best position and an occasional 4 depending on match ups. That's how he and Barnes played this season, but depending on how the off season goes that versatility might not be there. That's how important Barnes was to him and the Kings.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#47 » by City of Trees » Sat Jul 8, 2023 2:36 pm

Calling it now that Keegan/Sabonis PnR will be a problem for defenses.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#48 » by BoogieTime » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:12 am

It was possibly cute the first few weeks that he was working on his defense so we can excuse the horrible shooting, but now he's been a bad offensive player for a quarter of the season (3-9 at halftime in Phoenix)..

its make or break for his tradability as a centerpiece in a high end deal too...
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#49 » by BoogieTime » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:59 am

BoogieTime wrote:It was possibly cute the first few weeks that he was working on his defense so we can excuse the horrible shooting, but now he's been a bad offensive player for a quarter of the season (3-9 at halftime in Phoenix)..

its make or break for his tradability as a centerpiece in a high end deal too...

and to boot, some of his advanced stats are wildly down...

we have to call his second season trajectory a disappointment to start, and concerning for me.

It changes nightly, but as of tonight I might hedge my bets on including him for a locked up sure thing, just hard to flesh that out in real life given contract/fit/age/and who is currently on the market. but its my nature to not play around, not go for the high end, and just want to watch surefire competitive ball and not take chances
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,104

Post#50 » by OxAndFox » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:29 am

BoogieTime wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:It was possibly cute the first few weeks that he was working on his defense so we can excuse the horrible shooting, but now he's been a bad offensive player for a quarter of the season (3-9 at halftime in Phoenix)..

and to boot, some of his advanced stats are wildly down...

we have to call his second season trajectory a disappointment to start, and concerning for me.

It changes nightly, but as of tonight I might hedge my bets on including him for a locked up sure thing, just hard to flesh that out in real life given contract/fit/age/and who is currently on the market. but its my nature to not play around, not go for the high end, and just want to watch surefire competitive ball and not take chances

Cool your jets Boogie. You keep on doubting and you keep on being proven wrong. I love the way Brown and the staff are moulding him. He is still a baby giraffe, let him find his legs, he's going to be a problem for teams at both ends.
How many guys are lock down on D and have the potential to be a 20ppg scorer? That's what he will become, BECOME, absolutely not what he is now.

Return to Sacramento Kings