Post#221 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:16 am

I hate Huerter
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Playoffs R1 Discussion Thread - Kings vs Warriors 

Post#222 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:29 am

Kings showed up tonight. Happy to see them compete when facing elimination. This team has heart.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#223 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:56 am

Sabonis has been awful, if we lose he deserves a long rest to think about his playoffs
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#224 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:54 am

So proud of this team! Light the beam!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#225 » by codydaze » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:55 am

Gotta give credit to Coach Brown for adjusting the rotation. Big time win to bring it back to the crib for Game 7!!
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#226 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:03 am

Gritty gritty win. I take it all back Malik. Kentucky duo
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#227 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:04 am

And Huerter actually made a play or two, despite annoying me again. Credit to that
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#228 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:23 am

Sportscenter dedicated barely 30 seconds to the Kings after showing game highlights. Then moved on.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#229 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:56 am

But my has Sabonis been awful. Talk about going from top ten impact to me wishing he isnt on the floor. awful. his rim protection was a bit better but turnovers, fouls, lack of playmaking, just everything

He has a ton of talent, but he cant be shut down like this. he has a big offseason ahead of him
OxAndFox
Veteran
And1: 2,136

Post#230 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:38 am

BoogieTime wrote:But my has Sabonis been awful. Talk about going from top ten impact to me wishing he isnt on the floor. awful. his rim protection was a bit better but turnovers, fouls, lack of playmaking, just everything

He has a ton of talent, but he cant be shut down like this. he has a big offseason ahead of him

I mean when are you going to quit it? Every game someone is going to be poor, sometimes even 3-4-5. Go onto the next one so it looks like you weren't wrong? Or do you actually feel like you have something to do with their form turning around?
I just don't get it. Help me understand how you can be proven wrong so many times regarding form. Not 1 team in the history of basketball, or any sport...let me say that again, not 1 team in the history of basketball, or any sport has ever had every player play a perfect game.

I mean what a friggin performance from Keegan Murray. Absolutely lifted the Kings to the W with his performance, as a rookie. Did it on both ends and still gets no love. The guy that plays the 3 that has been crucified about rebounding has had 7, 6, 12 in the last 3 playoff games to be 16/8 in the 3 most important games of his young career.

Anyway, kudos to Mike for going with Lyles at the 5 which was the obvious choice since November/December. In this series in particular pull Looney out ala the TWolves with Gobert. There aren't many teams that have stay at home 5s but theres 2 of them. And even the ones that don't, why starve Fox/Monk/Davion going to the rim with someone playing low?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#231 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:45 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:But my has Sabonis been awful. Talk about going from top ten impact to me wishing he isnt on the floor. awful. his rim protection was a bit better but turnovers, fouls, lack of playmaking, just everything

I mean when are you going to quit it? Every game someone is going to be poor, sometimes even 3-4-5. Go onto the next one so it looks like you weren't wrong? Or do you actually feel like you have something to do with their form turning around?
I just don't get it. Help me understand how you can be proven wrong so many times regarding form. Not 1 team in the history of basketball, or any sport...let me say that again, not 1 team in the history of basketball, or any sport has ever had every player play a perfect game.

I mean what a friggin performance from Keegan Murray. Absolutely lifted the Kings to the W with his performance, as a rookie. Did it on both ends and still gets no love. The guy that plays the 3 that has been crucified about rebounding has had 7, 6, 12 in the last 3 playoff games to be 16/8 in the 3 most important games of his young career.

Anyway, kudos to Mike for going with Lyles at the 5 which was the obvious choice since November/December. In this series in particular pull Looney out ala the TWolves with Gobert. There aren't many teams that have stay at home 5s but theres 2 of them. And even the ones that don't, why starve Fox/Monk/Davion going to the rim with someone playing low?

There is nothing to quit, he has been awful all series and a shell of his regular season. Its been quite jarring how he has went from top ten impact to what he has shown this series. and he has a big offseason ahead of him to not get taken off his game like this. And I believe in him, so I hope this is the last year/series we see this
OxAndFox
Veteran

Post#232 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:11 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

There is nothing to quit, he has been awful all series and a shell of his regular season. Its been quite jarring how he has went from top ten impact to what he has shown this series. and he has a big offseason ahead of him to not get taken off his game like this. And I believe in him, so I hope this is the last year/series we see this

C'mon man, you're clearly a smart basketball brain. But why does it always have to be this raging tantrum of someone on the team, no matter if they're winning or losing. It's someone doing something wrong!!!! If you had ever been involved in a team atmosphere, particularly around the same age, they try to lift each other up. Something the Kings are doing.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#233 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:40 am

Keegan MF Murray with a massive 45 minutes and 12 rebounds! The kid went from postseason jitters to being our most important front court player. Any and all Keegan slander needs to get thrown out the window. Kid made a huge impact tonight.

De'aaron fox.. what can you say about this kid? Broken finger and still out there battling. The heart of a champion and a true winners mentality. Kings made the absolutely right choice with him.

I noticed tonight the the difference with Huerter and Barnes. Both have been off this series, but warriors still throw the defense at huerter and focus on staying up on him. He also doesn't slow down the game. With barnes and sabonis, warriors have been able to sag and beg us to have those 2 guys beat them. Understand why Mike stuck with Huerter, even when he's not hitting he still has gravity.

Great decision on Lyles and Davis tonight. I've been a leader of the Davis fan club for awhile. Everytime he's given solid minutes he performs. Yes he had some dumb fouls, but his man defense was much better than what we've been throwing out there. He had that nice steal and should have had an easy 2nd one on that terrible call with ddv getting fts. For lyles i was nervous we would struggle to rebound, but I've hated len all year (team metu if you gotta pick 1 lol) that who cares. You weren't getting much from Len, might as well shake it up. To my surprise it felt like that Minnesota game when sabonis fouled out and lyles suddenly exposes Looney/Gobert.

It's a new series boys. Back home for 1 game. This is all we could have asked for going into the playoffs, now let's hope our guys handle business at home!!
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#234 » by blind prophet » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:30 pm

Obviously I hope we win tomorrow. But the notion they went on the road, played without fear and were full of fire meant a lot to me for long term thoughts.

Whatever happens Sunday we definitely have a quality core of guys & the right coach for them.

Everything from here on out is bonus to me.
OxAndFox
Veteran

Post#235 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:59 pm

blind prophet wrote:Obviously I hope we win tomorrow. But the notion they went on the road, played without fear and were full of fire meant a lot to me for long term thoughts.

Whatever happens Sunday we definitely have a quality core of guys & the right coach for them.

Everything from here on out is bonus to me.

Absolutely. I think the quicker turnarounds are definitely in the Kings' favor. Keep the foot flat to the floor and turn the jets on.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#236 » by KingFox » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:46 am

I'm literally on cloud 9. Let's do this again, Kings fans!!! WE DESERVE THIS! :rock: :rock:
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#237 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:32 pm

Ticket master - search Lakers tickets.

Already showing warriors vs Lakers???

Scott foster the ref.

Somethings off fellas
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#238 » by Beethoven » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:10 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:Ticket master - search Lakers tickets.

Already showing warriors vs Lakers???

Scott foster the ref.

Somethings off fellas

I'm sorry that's not true.

Sac will beat down gsw

See you Tuesday
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#239 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:25 pm

THE ENERGY IN THE STADIUM TONIGHT IS INSANE. LTB LETS GO!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#240 » by City of Trees » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:43 pm

I heard more ex-Kings are sitting courtside. I've yet to see who.

Return to Sacramento Kings