ImageImageImageImageImage

Our Future

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,978
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 10, 2004
 

Our Future 

Post#1 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:07 pm

looks a lot brighter now than it did at the beginning on the season and i don't think its going to be long before other teams start seeing it too. I'm tired of our youth getting no respect.
Sac Fan in Clipper town
Sophomore
Posts: 150
And1: 0
Joined: Aug 31, 2006

 

Post#2 » by Sac Fan in Clipper town » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:11 am

Have to start winning close games soon also.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,937
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#3 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:27 am

Lose the close games now! Add a nice draft pick! Win the close games later!
User avatar
realfung
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,960
And1: 44
Joined: May 22, 2007
 

 

Post#4 » by realfung » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:55 am

The young Kings are getting better, but not finding the identity though
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,937
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 pm

I don't know I am starting to see something. Before they can grow as a team they must grow as players. Don't forget this the most amount of time any of these guys have gotten before, and they are really showing they deserve that chance night in and night out. Even when they lose, they are going balls out. I love it.

I stand by my statement, but not as much as before! haha.
deNIEd
Banned User
Posts: 4,942
And1: 30
Joined: Jul 18, 2006

Re: Our Future 

Post#6 » by deNIEd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:57 pm

Artest93 wrote:looks a lot brighter now than it did at the beginning on the season and i don't think its going to be long before other teams start seeing it too. I'm tired of our youth getting no respect.


Not really. Adding udrih was a major plus. But the majority of the fans all knew that Douby/Garcia/Salmons could play. As well as Martin being an allstar caliber player.

It's Miller and Artest's improved play that is making this current team much better.

However, are Miller/Artest/Bibby part of our longterm plan? Because if they aren't, right now they are just hurting our team. Because of Miller/Artest, we have won maybe 5-8 games more. A difference between an allstar pick and a roleplayer pick.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,978
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 10, 2004
 

Re: Our Future 

Post#7 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 pm

deNIEd wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Not really. Adding udrih was a major plus. But the majority of the fans all knew that Douby/Garcia/Salmons could play. As well as Martin being an allstar caliber player.

It's Miller and Artest's improved play that is making this current team much better.

However, are Miller/Artest/Bibby part of our longterm plan? Because if they aren't, right now they are just hurting our team. Because of Miller/Artest, we have won maybe 5-8 games more. A difference between an allstar pick and a roleplayer pick.


Did a majority people believe Salmons, Douby, and Garcia could play? I don't think so. Most people thought these guys were throw in in trade last summer and value lesser players who they seem to think have more potential?

I hate losing! I'd rather win as many games as possible. Screw tanking to get a high pick. Our guys need to learn how to win and get good confidence, not really like they're worthless because they can't win a game
OGSactownballer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,024
And1: 397
Joined: Oct 02, 2005

 

Post#8 » by OGSactownballer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:39 am

I agree. I get really tired of hearing how much guys like David Lee and Renaldo Balkman are worth. these guys can't crack solid rotation minutes on AN EIGHT WIN TEAM!!! Garcia has hit three game winning threes this season so far. Douby has stepped up with three straters out and given quality time off the bench with the PT he's received. And John has stepped into Kevin's role and basically carried the main scoring load for the team - even when sick.

These guys are solid role players and great pick-ups/draft shoices by
Petrie and hearing them compared to some of those garbage time players really gets me irritated. I'm not being a homer, they have actually PROVEN that they are valid NBA players.
User avatar
Monsters Inc.
Senior
Posts: 578
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 29, 2001

 

Post#9 » by Monsters Inc. » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:01 am

Actually I love the way Balkman hustles and plays D (today he did a respectable job on Bosh late in the game, drawing an offensive foul and contesting a couple shots). The only part that isn't at least decent in his game is his jumper.

As for the Kings, I don't think anybody knew how good Salmons was last season. Last year, he was just a guy that played good D, could handle the ball, and forced up too many shots. This year, he's become a great finisher around the rim and has an improved shot.

Garcia, for the most part, is playing under more control. He's CLUTCH! Hitting big 3 after big 3. He still has those moments where you think, "Cisco, what are you doing?!" But overall his progress is refreshing.

Douby has been very solid the past 3 games. He's been hitting his shots and getting those surprise blocks with those long a$$ arms of his (I swear, they go down to his knees!). His PG skills are still lacking and I'm not sure if he'll ever be PG material, but he can flat out score and plays solid defense.

Hawes needs to get stronger. He has a tough time getting position on the block, and therefore shoots a lot of shots going away from the basket. Most of his points are from open jumpers. The potential is there. And he's only 19.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,937
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

Re: Our Future 

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 am

Artest93 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Did a majority people believe Salmons, Douby, and Garcia could play? I don't think so. Most people thought these guys were throw in in trade last summer and value lesser players who they seem to think have more potential?

I hate losing! I'd rather win as many games as possible. Screw tanking to get a high pick. Our guys need to learn how to win and get good confidence, not really like they're worthless because they can't win a game



I think they did, but certainly not that this level. John Salmons is literally knocking on the door of stardom right now. He is putting up some serious statage and getting to the basket whenever he wants thanks to his excellent handling skills.
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,978
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 10, 2004
 

 

Post#11 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:38 pm

I think I'm just sick of "the my players have more potential than yours!" bs that goes around here and the lack of respect the Kings get from everyone

Its funny because Realgm really is a conformist website, very few people express original ideas and they like to agree with other posters and if you don't agree, your a homer (and i'm not talking these outrageous guys). Thats why I respect Smills (he sticks to his guns )

You have to admit Kings fans are pretty much hated on here. I think its because our success the decade. People like to hate

Return to Sacramento Kings