ImageImageImageImageImage

Memphis (10-24) at Sacramento (13-20)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,150
And1: 3,053
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

 

Post#61 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 am

ICMTM wrote:Actually I think the better line up is send Kevin Martin to the bench and let Salmons play the 2.


Do you really think that Kevin would like to be on the bench? Martin arguably our best player and you wanted put him on the bench?....
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,928
And1: 971
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#62 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:24 am

ICMTM wrote:Actually I think the better line up is send Kevin Martin to the bench and let Salmons play the 2.


It's an option.

I think John is his best at the 3 however. There aren't many 3's that can stay in front of him...actually there might not be any. And for off the bench purposes I don't think Kevin can gaurd 3's, limiting your options on substitution patterns. If you can get backed down by Peja Stojakovic you probably shouldn't be playing many minutes at the 3.
User avatar
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
Posts: 86,370
And1: 33,712
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
   

 

Post#63 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:33 am

ICMTM wrote:Actually I think the better line up is send Kevin Martin to the bench and let Salmons play the 2.


You forgot the green colored font....
Image
User avatar
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,757
And1: 1,324
Joined: Sep 19, 2004
Location: Avidly reading pstyousuck.blogspot.com/
Contact:
 

 

Post#64 » by pillwenney » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:37 am

Our best option is probably moving Ron to the PF. Normally I wouldn't be fully on board with a move like this, but when the difference in talent is this drastic (and when you consider that Ron is probably both the better post defender and rebounder than Mikki), you have to IMO.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,394
And1: 1,779
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

 

Post#65 » by SD2042 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 am

Well that ending sux. Apparently the Kings wanted it more that the Grizzlies. Good win.
User avatar
RoyalCourtJestr
Analyst
Posts: 3,146
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 04, 2006
Location: Tyreke Evans/DeMarcus Cousins. That is all.

 

Post#66 » by RoyalCourtJestr » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 am

Martin on the bench is crazy talk. John is playing fantastic, but he's not Martin. If John is going to replace someonme in the starting lineup, he could replace Ron at SF IMO before Martin.
mprose wrote:And that leaves me with the conclusion that DMC is the Sarah Palin of the NBA.
User avatar
bgassassin
Starter
Posts: 2,231
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 17, 2005
Location: Memphis, 10SC

 

Post#67 » by bgassassin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



I know how you feel, before this game, we were 4-8 in games decided by 5 points or less..


With this game the Grizzlies are 1-8 so far in games that are decided by 3 or less. :nonono:
sackings916
Analyst
Posts: 3,423
And1: 136
Joined: Sep 07, 2002

 

Post#68 » by sackings916 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 am

Artest is better than Salmons. You guys are forgetting that Artest was putting up the numbers Salmons is when he was playing.

We should have Artest start and Salmons as our 6th man. Finish games with Bibby,Kmart,Salmons,Artest,Miller.
User avatar
Dustin5566
Veteran
Posts: 2,804
And1: 64
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

 

Post#69 » by Dustin5566 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:52 pm

ICMTM wrote:Actually I think the better line up is send Kevin Martin to the bench and let Salmons play the 2.


:nonono:

Send Beno to the bench.... and Moore
Bibby
Martin
Salmons
Artest
Miller :clap:
Smills91
Banned User
Posts: 23,364
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 05, 2005
Location: Ronald Reagan is my political hero.

 

Post#70 » by Smills91 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Dustin5566 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



:nonono:

Send Beno to the bench.... and Moore
Bibby
Martin
Salmons
Artest
Miller :clap:


I'm on record for wanting THIS line-up. Bring Moore/Hawes/Williams off the bench up front and Garcia/Beno/Jones or Douby off the bench in the backcourt.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,928
And1: 971
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#71 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:20 pm

sackings916 wrote:Artest is better than Salmons. You guys are forgetting that Artest was putting up the numbers Salmons is when he was playing.

We should have Artest start and Salmons as our 6th man. Finish games with Bibby,Kmart,Salmons,Artest,Miller.


You're also forgetting that we have John locked up on a cheap deal. Artest will be looking for major $$$ in the offseason. Also that Salmons a) doesn't like coming off the bench and b) isn't the same player without the minutes. If we are going to have somebody going iso I'd rather it be John. Man, never thought I'd say that but John Salmons may be an even bigger score than Kevin was from an expectation standpoint.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,928
And1: 971
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#72 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:22 pm

Dustin5566 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



:nonono:

Send Beno to the bench.... and Moore
Bibby
Martin
Salmons
Artest
Miller :clap:


Not enough shots to go around. But we'll see I suppose. Brad will go back to marginal role player thus driving his perceived value down. One of Kevin or John will be pretty much cut out from the offensive end, Brad most certainly will.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,779
And1: 21
Joined: Aug 12, 2006
Location: Rest In Peace Dad
Contact:
       

 

Post#73 » by a-rod » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:39 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Not enough shots to go around. But we'll see I suppose. Brad will go back to marginal role player thus driving his perceived value down. One of Kevin or John will be pretty much cut out from the offensive end, Brad most certainly will.

sackings916 wrote:Artest is better than Salmons. You guys are forgetting that Artest was putting up the numbers Salmons is when he was playing.

We should have Artest start and Salmons as our 6th man. Finish games with Bibby,Kmart,Salmons,Artest,Miller.

mitchweber wrote:Our best option is probably moving Ron to the PF. Normally I wouldn't be fully on board with a move like this, but when the difference in talent is this drastic (and when you consider that Ron is probably both the better post defender and rebounder than Mikki), you have to IMO.

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



I'm on record for wanting THIS line-up. Bring Moore/Hawes/Williams off the bench up front and Garcia/Beno/Jones or Douby off the bench in the backcourt.


having too much talent in our team its a nice problem to have.
having depth at the right price makes a team really great.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.


Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
sackings916
Analyst
Posts: 3,423
And1: 136
Joined: Sep 07, 2002

 

Post#74 » by sackings916 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 pm

^I agree. We didn't have a problem with our teams in the Cwebb era.
Bibby/BJackson
Christie/JJackson
Peja/Hedo
Webber/Clark
Divac/Pollard
User avatar
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
Posts: 86,370
And1: 33,712
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
   

 

Post#75 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:10 am

sackings916 wrote:^I agree. We didn't have a problem with our teams in the Cwebb era.
Bibby/BJackson
Christie/JJackson
Peja/Hedo
Webber/Clark
Divac/Pollard


Man those teams were deep...I remember some nights when our bench would completely blow out the starters of other teams. Sighhhh :cry:
Image
SadKingsFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,341
And1: 5
Joined: Jun 26, 2006
Location: Sacramento CA
 

 

Post#76 » by SadKingsFan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:51 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Man those teams were deep...I remember some nights when our bench would completely blow out the starters of other teams. Sighhhh :cry:
Too bad they won absolutely nothing, i hate when people call those Golden years.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,928
And1: 971
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#77 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:16 am

sackings916 wrote:^I agree. We didn't have a problem with our teams in the Cwebb era.
Bibby/BJackson
Christie/JJackson
Peja/Hedo
Webber/Clark
Divac/Pollard


Yeah, but the majority of the offensive focus was going to three guys. Christie wasn't a scorer and neither was Vlade. That team had much more balance than one with Salmons, Bibby, Beno, Artest, Martin, Miller, etc. We have too many guys that either create on their own or like to create for others. The only player that I can see not being much of a problem fitting in, if he gets time, is Cisco because he is playing the role of catch and shoot guy.
Ballings7
RealGM
Posts: 22,833
And1: 859
Joined: Jan 04, 2006

 

Post#78 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:57 am

typed this up Thursday night

Shame that my digital cable wasn
SadKingsFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,341
And1: 5
Joined: Jun 26, 2006
Location: Sacramento CA
 

 

Post#79 » by SadKingsFan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:57 am

Yeah but it has become obvious that the TNT guys only focus on the really good teams, i take alot of what charles says with a grain of salt anyway. He just talks out of his arse and just rambles without even knowing what he is talking about.
Ballings7
RealGM
Posts: 22,833
And1: 859
Joined: Jan 04, 2006

 

Post#80 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 am

KMF wrote:He just talks out of his arse and just rambles without even knowing what he is talking about.


At times I do think he does, but I find most of the time he's legit or being truthful. On serious topics, of course :).
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Sacramento Kings