Okafor

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Okafor 

Post#1 » by Bac2Basics » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 pm

I think he could be the perfect compliment to Miller/Hawes in the post and his contract expires at the end of the season.

1 - should Petrie target Okafor as a possible interest?

2 - if so, what would we have to do to be in a position to sign him?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#2 » by KF10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:50 pm

I will actually kill for a guy like Okafor. He is the perfect PF/C that we need. To get Okafor, we have to unload the larger contracts such as Kenny Thomas', Shareef's, and to some extent Miller/Bibby...
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#3 » by rpa » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 am

In theory Okafor is good but didn't you guys see what happened with him shortly after the Bobcats traded for Mohammed? Okafor was transferred to PF for a few games and ended up stating he was "uncomfortable" playing the position. Hawes isn't a PF. So what happens there?

The PERFECT compliment to Hawes at PF IMO is Josh Smith. Incredibly athletic, great weakside shot blocker, great rebounder, etc.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#4 » by Ballings7 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:17 am

I've said it before, I'd love Emeka on this team. Just the type of big man that would complement Miller/Hawes real well. Not done getting better yet, either. His work ethic is good.

Doubt he could be traded for, and not sure he'd able to be signed this summer by the Kings, though. Significant change would be needed with various contracts.

Depends who is drafted, as well.

It's up in the air if Charlotte will re-sign him.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Smills91 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:43 am

Not going to happen.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#6 » by a-rod » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 am

Smills91 wrote:Not going to happen.

no need to elaborate more.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#7 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:51 am

rpa wrote:In theory Okafor is good but didn't you guys see what happened with him shortly after the Bobcats traded for Mohammed? Okafor was transferred to PF for a few games and ended up stating he was "uncomfortable" playing the position. Hawes isn't a PF. So what happens there?

The PERFECT compliment to Hawes at PF IMO is Josh Smith. Incredibly athletic, great weakside shot blocker, great rebounder, etc.

Hawes really does play more like a PF though. Of course Okafor doesn't like playing next to Nazr, he used to have all that space in the paint to himself and now he has to share it with somebody else! With Spencers outside shooting and passing I think Okafor and he could make pretty good combo. Hell, just tell Okafor we have a two C lineup if that makes him feel better.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,498

Post#8 » by pillwenney » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:59 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hawes really does play more like a PF though. Of course Okafor doesn't like playing next to Nazr, he used to have all that space in the paint to himself and now he has to share it with somebody else! With Spencers outside shooting and passing I think Okafor and he could make pretty good combo. Hell, just tell Okafor we have a two C lineup if that makes him feel better.

So.....what about Spencer's post skills? Spencer should be mostly playing in the post, so if Okafor is uncomfortable with another guy down there, it would seem that he's not a perfect fit.

I'd still love to get him because I think we could make it work, I just hate the idea of just playing Spencer out on the perimeter primarily.

But this is all moot because there is no way that we could have any chance of acquiring Okafor.
UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#9 » by UKF » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:04 am

Love Okafor, just dont see how we can get our hands on him...
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#10 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:59 pm

I really like Okafor - when he's playing. But that is the question mark. Can he stay healthy enough to contribute.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#11 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:51 am

mitchweber wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So.....what about Spencer's post skills? Spencer should be mostly playing in the post, so if Okafor is uncomfortable with another guy down there, it would seem that he's not a perfect fit.

I'd still love to get him because I think we could make it work, I just hate the idea of just playing Spencer out on the perimeter primarily.

But this is all moot because there is no way that we could have any chance of acquiring Okafor.

I think that unlike a semi-decent power post player in Nazr, Spencer's unique talent could be that he makes players better out of the post with his passing. He doesn't have to look to score down there every time. That and Spencer is just as good in the high post.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,498

Post#12 » by pillwenney » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:57 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think that unlike a semi-decent power post player in Nazr, Spencer's unique talent could be that he makes players better out of the post with his passing. He doesn't have to look to score down there every time. That and Spencer is just as good in the high post.

I agree, but the way you were talking made it sound like the plan would be to put Okafor down low with Spencer used just like Brad.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#13 » by ICMTM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:58 am

Okafur IMO is not available
KANGZZZZZ!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#14 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:29 am

ICMTM wrote:Okafur IMO is not available

Not now but there is a real possibility that the Bobcats don't give in to his demands and he is a FA either this upcoming summer or unrestricted next summer. We could offer them a more than nice sign and trade package if given the chance.

Return to Sacramento Kings