ImageImageImageImageImage

McGrady

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

User avatar
Rugged Ron Ron
Pro Prospect
Posts: 784
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 09, 2006

 

Post#21 » by Rugged Ron Ron » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 am

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:Also, Why would Adelman want to be back with Artest. I can see why he would want Mike, but not the both. He just left that party two years ago.
Artest like playing for Adelman and Adelman has no problem with Artest at all.
Image
OGSactownballer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,023
And1: 396
Joined: Oct 02, 2005

 

Post#22 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:04 pm

I don't like this at all for the same reasons that rpa already listed - it doesn't address ANY of our real needs #1 of which is dumping the 13 million cap $$$ locked up in K9 and SAR.
User avatar
UKF
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 05, 2006
Contact:

 

Post#23 » by UKF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Bibbinator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didn't leave. He was fired.

He likes Artest.


Thats what everyone says, but I think he was the one who wanted to leave. I really dont know, but thats how I felt about the whole situation. Did you see how Adleman's comeback was publicized?
It wasnt..
a-rod
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,779
And1: 21
Joined: Aug 12, 2006
Location: Rest In Peace Dad
Contact:
       

 

Post#24 » by a-rod » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Thats what everyone says, but I think he was the one who wanted to leave. I really dont know, but thats how I felt about the whole situation. Did you see how Adleman's comeback was publicized?
It wasnt..
clearly you have missed his going away the press conferences.


SacKingZZZ wrote:Hey on paper it looks great, you pair up two guys that can't be stopped in Martin/Tmac but I just think it's a step in the wrong direction and wouldn't work in reality.

hey if didn't work out hes going off the books in 2 years with Kenny Thomas, i think this is a risk worth taken, cause were not given up
young players in return.
Bibbinator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



He didn't leave. He was fired.

He likes Artest.

He wasn't fired, he was dismissed.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.


Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
User avatar
GTO
RealGM
Posts: 18,946
And1: 19
Joined: Aug 03, 2004

 

Post#25 » by GTO » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm

ICMTM wrote:I could see this deal happening more for Houston than I do for the Kings, but with this deal I see the Kings being very hard to stop and playing an uptempo game.

I don't see us winning in the playoffs with T-Mac. His injuries at his age are a serious concern.


TMac had plenty of wear on his treads, but if you look at his records, his injury history really is not worse than Artest's.

I think a Tracy-Ron deal can make sense, not sure what the exact composition of guys involved would be, though. Bibby is a nice player, but the Rockets have 5 small guards already. So if Bibby is involved the Rockets would probably want to trade at least 2 of these guys at the same time.
Who wants to sex Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo?
User avatar
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,757
And1: 1,324
Joined: Sep 19, 2004
Location: Avidly reading pstyousuck.blogspot.com/
Contact:
 

 

Post#26 » by pillwenney » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:14 pm

GTO wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



TMac had plenty of wear on his treads, but if you look at his records, his injury history really is not worse than Artest's.


I think a Tracy-Ron deal can make sense, not sure what the exact composition of guys involved would be, though. Bibby is a nice player, but the Rockets have 5 small guards already. So if Bibby is involved the Rockets would probably want to trade at least 2 of these guys at the same time.


As far as games missed, sure that's pretty much true, but Ron's injuries are often just dents and dings that result from the way he plays. T-Mac has chronic problems that seem to always be a threat to his career.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 16,339
And1: 167
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: Sacramento, Ca
     

 

Post#27 » by ICMTM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:49 pm

GTO wrote:TMac had plenty of wear on his treads, but if you look at his records, his injury history really is not worse than Artest's.

I think a Tracy-Ron deal can make sense, not sure what the exact composition of guys involved would be, though. Bibby is a nice player, but the Rockets have 5 small guards already. So if Bibby is involved the Rockets would probably want to trade at least 2 of these guys at the same time.


Look again! Artest has missed more games to suspension than injury. I didn't say it won't work. I'm just saying this deal is better for Houston and given TMac's lack of playoff success and injury history it doesn't look like a no brainer trade to pull.
In Divac We Trust!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
Posts: 23,936
And1: 975
Joined: Feb 19, 2005
Location: "Look at me, Dave, look. Come and touch it, Dave."

 

Post#28 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:08 am

mitchweber wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



As far as games missed, sure that's pretty much true, but Ron's injuries are often just dents and dings that result from the way he plays. T-Mac has chronic problems that seem to always be a threat to his career.


Pretty much right on the money.
User avatar
GTO
RealGM
Posts: 18,946
And1: 19
Joined: Aug 03, 2004

 

Post#29 » by GTO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:25 am

ICMTM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Look again! Artest has missed more games to suspension than injury. I didn't say it won't work. I'm just saying this deal is better for Houston and given TMac's lack of playoff success and injury history it doesn't look like a no brainer trade to pull.


I agree it's not a no brainer trade.
Who wants to sex Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 23,152
And1: 3,053
Joined: Jul 28, 2006
 

 

Post#30 » by KF10 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:29 am

GTO wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



I agree it's not a no brainer trade.


Why do you want to trade McGrady for Artest? At least McGrady has a bit more value than this, IMO....
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 16,339
And1: 167
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: Sacramento, Ca
     

 

Post#31 » by ICMTM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:34 am

I don't think so. Other than being a flashy scorer what has TMac accomplished? IMO I think it's too much for McGrady. TMac makes almost $20M...crazy money for a guy who hasn't really won anything. That's two more years of him if it doesn't work out at crazy high prices! I just don't find that risk a good one.

I do recognize McGrady having the skillset to be a legit super and this being a win win deal, but I also see it as having the ability to set our franchise back a few more years.
In Divac We Trust!

Return to Sacramento Kings